Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-06-13, 7:36am
Triumphantly Knit!

Default v. 937 arancio

Hello!

Arancio pefecto has been a favourite of mine. So my friend sent me some. She had teased me that I didn't know it struck. She asked if I thought I had some pretty clear glass? I was like, huh, it's orange. So I tried to stike my orange rods and maybe got some change, maybe it was wishful thinking. However:

Hers is a clear striking glass. What I had came orange. They have the same #.

The striking version is even more gorgeous than the other. How do I know which is which and why do they have the same #?

thanks
namaste
Rowyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-06-13, 2:59pm
Unmedicated since '62

i was going to say i was confused, then i realised what you've done

Arancio is the same name for both opaque orange (not striking) and transparent striking orange - the transparent striking orange comes in a sort of pale transparent yellow rod and strikes to deep orange almost red, the opaque orange doesnt strike

they dont have the same number so your rods might be mislabeled, the number for striking orange is 072 and the number for opaque orange is 422

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-06-13, 3:18pm
I'm a lilac!

The 937 Arancio Perfecto is an odd-lot, and I think there's been more than one batch. The stuff I got when it first came out is partially struck, but everything I see that's for sale now is unstruck.

Old 2011-06-13, 3:44pm
Live and Let Live

^^ What Kalera said.
I too have multiple batches of 937 and one is already pale orange, the others clear. If you want to buy more of a certain batch you'll just need to inquire which one(s) a vendor has.

Old 2011-06-13, 3:45pm
Formerly FishBulb

My local glass supplier has both the struck and un-struck rods in the same bin, so I was wondering this myself. Seems like one is just a variation of the other.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2011-06-13, 4:51pm
Triumphantly Knit!

wow, that's really interesting. do does the already orange colour strike? i've gotten colour variations, like striations in it.

the striking transparent one, I actually learned alot striking it, when it came out of the kiln it was much more translucent? not sure if that's word/somewhat still more transparent than the ones that come orange.

thanks you goddesses, I'll have to get some more of the transparent. just my luck, to love a colour that comes in 2 colours, lol.

namaste
Rowyn

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

Old 2011-06-13, 6:54pm
I need more boro stuff

I have the clear batch arancio. I can't get it struck evenly but I don't mind.
As you can see on the pic, the orange has different shades.

Old 2011-06-13, 7:23pm
And silence is golden

Yunita, those are mouth watering gorgeous!
Old 2011-06-14, 12:17am
I need more boro stuff

Thanks Shrimp.

Old 2011-06-14, 3:42pm

OOh yes! Those are beautiful ...

Old 2011-06-18, 10:29am
Triumphantly Knit!

Wow, Yunita, is that 937 by itself or over something? I got the clear striking one to strike after repeat heating forever to a gorgeous dark tranpsarent orange and it's definately the same colour throughout. I'll try some more today, maybe.

those beads are really pretty!

Angie, who's your local supplier? I'd like to find the clear ones.

namaste
Rowyn

Old 2011-06-18, 8:22pm
I need more boro stuff

Thanks Sadie & Rowyn.

The 937 is over plain coral. Nothing special on the coral though, not the oddlot with fancy name.