Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-03-07, 2:32pm
Resident Luny

Default presses and bubbles (this time IN the glass)

OK, since you all helped me so much with my bubbles along the mandrel in pressed beads....

How do you manage transparents that are bubble free entirelyI always seem to get at least a couple, grrr.

How are you putting the glass down? I just keep rotating and lay it next to the previous line,then when I get to the end I go back the other way. I could try just putting it in the middle, and then rolling on a marver when I need a barrel shape as opposed to a lemon or olive or whatever......

what's your strategy to bubble-free pressed beads?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- artisan lampwork beads, jewelry, and a little bit of rock n' roll.

Be kind to one another. The world needs it more than ever.
Old 2006-03-07, 2:50pm
sunscreen me baby

Man, are we obsessed with the same things or what? I work cool and stiff. I don't tend to get them winding it slowly. When I try to rush and get a runnier glass I see more bubbles.

~

Old 2006-03-07, 3:15pm
A True Woofer

What Susan said. I tend to be careful with my winds, making sure that they don't trap air by butting up against each other when they're not fully melted.

Old 2006-03-07, 3:45pm
Resident Luny

iiiiiiiiiiiinteresting.

And yes, Suzy, we are from the same brain on this subject! =)

Ellen, you have them right next to each other...but not overlapping...makes sense...no way for it to trap air and it's all one color so it doesn't matter if the lower layer squeeks thru. Wow, I am going to try this next time, working cooler, as I have mine pretty hot as I wind.

- artisan lampwork beads, jewelry, and a little bit of rock n' roll.

Be kind to one another. The world needs it more than ever.