No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-02-24, 11:05pm

Default mandrel release

What's the best mandrel release? Thanks Pam

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Etsy Store -

My Blog -

I am a member of the Etsy Glass Artists Street Team

Old 2007-02-24, 11:42pm

I like Alice's Stained Glass's bead release!

http://www.alicesstainedglass.com/release.htm

Candy

Old 2007-02-24, 11:42pm
Shine on!

Hi Pam, I've had the best luck with Sludge Plus.

Old 2007-02-25, 6:35am
ID10T Problem Solver

I make pretty large focals, hollows, and even some boro. It's Bucket of Mudd all the way for me!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2007-02-25, 7:18am
FKA Stacia

I make varying styles of beads as well, sculpture, hollows, pressed beads, large mandrel, etc and Bucket o'Mud has worked the best so far. It's easy to clean as well.

I haven't tried Alice's, but that's probably the only one I haven't tried.

Stacia
Old 2007-02-25, 7:24am

I love FosterFire for 1/16" mandrels..beads slide right off, but the hold is awesome. Larger mandrels, Bucket of Mud, especially for transparents.
Didn't like Blue Sludge....too much work to remove.
Both FosterFire and BOM are best thin too, makes for less to have to remove from the hole.
Kay
(Mom to Jenn, Lu and Rhe)
Old 2007-02-25, 7:43am

ive been using kragg mud recently for 90 and 104, havent tried it on boro, stays pretty nice and a dream to remove, i have been adding a touch of vinegar to the water im soaking in, so not sure if its a factor of that or the release.
ro
Old 2007-02-25, 7:47am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

I love Alice's. Love it so much that I haul it all over the world to use when we're teaching.

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2007-02-25, 7:48am

Only Foster Fire. Love it and beads come off great and can use it pretty thin too. I tend to use it a little thicker than intended sometimes I think but works for me.

Robyn
Old 2007-02-25, 11:22am
Storm Queen

Sludge Plus is #1, Bucket of Mudd is #2. I just got the new Sludge Dip and Go and have only been using it a few days. So far it's pretty good.
The one complaint with Bucket of Mudd is it really sticks to the mandrel. So when you try and pull your bead off the mandrel it gets stuck because of the bead release. So, I have to scrub the release off the end of the mandrels before sliding the beads off.
Amy