Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2008-07-15, 7:40am

Default Studio Music ~ who are you listening to?

My studio is nearing completion, as soon as the ventilation system is installed I will be spending a good part of most days in there at the torch. I'm growing tired of most of the music I have programmed into my ipod, and I‘m looking for some new tunes for the studio.

Who are you listening to (besides the voices in your head) while you are at the torch, what music brings you inspiration and helps gets you into a rhythm while you’re making beads?

Help me broaden my musical horizons!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-07-15, 8:17am

CBC Radio...

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2008-07-15, 8:28am
Gay rights R human rights

Jesca Hoop ~ Kismet.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-07-15, 10:46am

the boss...... bellowing....

Old 2008-07-15, 11:24am

Actually, I really love listening to Ibrahim Ferrer (Buena Vista Social Club Presents Ibrahim Ferrer). My brother gave it to me years ago for Xmas; his wife is from Havana and Ferrer was a dear family friend. I find it very conducive to my creativity and relaxation

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2008-07-15, 11:33am
beads....mmmm

Ah, I love the Buena Vista Social Club! I've been listening to Spanish language tutorials. For music, I'm favoring Van Morrison's new release "Keep it Simple" , Aretha, old Motown, and Squeeze.

::
Old 2008-07-16, 7:42am

Thanks for the suggestions!
I'll fire up Pandora and check them out.

Any other suggestions???

Old 2008-07-16, 7:54am
Glass-aholic

this week I am in need of some serious get up and do it music, so I have been listening to girl rock! veruca salt and the sneeker pimps
and some old skool poe and garbage
I just got pandora for the iphone! so cool!! I just wish that slacker radio would put out an iphone version.... I love slacker radio!
www.slackerradio.com
and aventura for some latin bachata!
(I also like www.radiobatanga.com for some good spanish music internet radio (you pick the catagory)

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:

Last edited by jaci; 2008-07-16 at 7:58am.
Old 2008-07-16, 7:57am

I listen to classic rock station here in Atlanta,Ga.. I am an old rocker....MIKE

#S140 IN THE GROVE GLASSWORK

JOHN 3:16
Old 2008-07-16, 8:03am
Happy 10 a.m.!

Jimmy Buffet, Dennis Wolfe, Kenny Chesney - I don't live near an ocean but I want to someday, so for now this is as close as I get to realizing the dream.

Mega Minor w/propane, tanked oxy and humor
Old 2008-07-16, 8:07am
Glass-aholic

totally motivational and creative I LOVE Bajofonfo Tangoclub it is in some of the appliance commercials oddly enough but SO worth every penny!
and for weird but good and interesting I like rapstunia i just stumbled upon them and like the weirdness! its rely funny if you listen to the lyrics a few times too..

WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2008-07-17, 5:49am
Powers Art Studio

Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane is what we've been listening to lately. We love it

Old 2008-07-17, 8:47am

I'm an indie rock sort of girl with punk/rockabilly leanings. Lately, I"ve been listening to Local H - 12 Angry Months. One of the best "dumped" albums ever. A song for every month. On the sweeter side of the spectrum, I've also been listening to a group called Cloud Cult (sweet but very smart and interesting). Holly Go Lightly and the Reverend Horton Heat are 2 of my stand by's. For absolute silliness, I listen to Me First and the Gimme Gimme's - punk meets standards. I can keep this list going for days.
-molly
Old 2008-07-17, 9:53am
Heart Of Glass Beads

I mostly listen to Sirius - the Howard Stern channel. If i've already heard that days show though, I listen to the Alternative, Punk or Classic rock channel. If I have my iPod on, I have it set to shuffle... I have a very large range of music styles on my iPod. Nickel Creek, Pink Floyd, System of a Down, Korn, Fergie, Beatles, U2, Poe, Andrea Bocelli, The Corrs, Dropkick Murphy's, Weezer, Elliott Smith..... (and about 200 more... lol)

Shine-On Glow In The Dark Glass available in 104, 96, 90 COE. PM for Details
Old 2008-07-17, 12:50pm

to my Ipod and everything but Rap and serious head banging stuff but since our computers are network together and the use of the lousy Ipod software it seems to sneak on. might be a bonus, means I need to break and fast forward.

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.
Old 2008-07-17, 12:59pm
Entropy increasing....

I'm like Carla, I have lots of different things on my iPod. Bonnie Raitt, Springsteen, U2, Lyle Lovett, Sting, Imogen Heep, Dave Matthews, Nelly Furtado, Bird York, Coldplay, Gwen Stefani, Ryan Adams, Sara Bareilles, R.E.M., John Mayer.

And I listen to Keith Olberman's Podcast.
Old 2008-07-17, 4:42pm

Most recently?
Rent
The Beatles
Enimem
The Cure
Rush's live Snakes & Arrows
Weird Al
and a mix of just about everything....

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-07-18, 5:40pm

I could listen to your music too, Kevan. And Squeeze! I haven't listened to them for ages. Love them.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-07-18, 10:54pm
Glass-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlabeads View Post
I mostly listen to Sirius - the Howard Stern channel. If i've already heard that days show though, I listen to the Alternative, Punk or Classic rock channel. If I have my iPod on, I have it set to shuffle... I have a very large range of music styles on my iPod. Nickel Creek, Pink Floyd, System of a Down, Korn, Fergie, Beatles, U2, Poe, Andrea Bocelli, The Corrs, Dropkick Murphy's, Weezer, Elliott Smith..... (and about 200 more... lol)
a woman after my own heart! Korn, Poe and Andre Bocelli !!!
I have seen Korn and Bocelli in concert too!

Old 2008-07-19, 3:26am
Cherine Perrin Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaci View Post
this week I am in need of some serious get up and do it music, so I have been listening to girl rock! veruca salt and the sneeker pimps
and some old skool poe and garbage
I just got pandora for the iphone! so cool!! I just wish that slacker radio would put out an iphone version.... I love slacker radio!
www.slackerradio.com
and aventura for some latin bachata!
(I also like www.radiobatanga.com for some good spanish music internet radio (you pick the catagory)

I am a huge Sneaker Pimps fan!

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2008-07-19, 3:32am
Cherine Perrin Glass

I've been on a Donovan Frankenreiter kick lately.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Xv4oHGUyw

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2008-07-19, 10:30am
Always smiling, again.

For something on the softer side, check out Struntz and Farah, or if your in the mood to try something totally different, check out Mars Volta, it's a harder style of music, and a bit warped, but they are talented non the less.

Old 2008-07-24, 9:44am
Resident hippie

I'm imagining when the studio is set up one of the musicians I'll be listening to a lot will be Abdullah Ibrahim also called Dollar Brand, a pianist from South Africa. If you don't know him have a listen - he's so great. Also Jan Garbarek and the Hilliard Ensemble. . . I'll be listening to my son's new album which he gave us a copy of last week. It's going to be launched in Oct or Nov. It's a bit hard jazz for my ear but I love some of it. If anyone would like to hear a bit (and see a pic of my lovely newest grand daughter, Alannah) click on http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=109069727 Gosh I've just checked that tune 'Ritual' and I do love it.
Gosh and lots more.

Beadanna
Old 2008-07-24, 9:49am
Resident hippie

Oh and I just clicked on His Story - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=109069727 and see a lovely pic of the three of them. Molly is our 'daughter-out-law' - Greg's fiancee.

Beadanna

Last edited by Beadanna; 2008-07-24 at 2:52pm.
Old 2008-07-26, 11:52am
Ad astra per aspera

Most recently:

Evanescence
Nightwish
October Project
80's anthology
Cherry Poppin Daddies
Brian Setzer
Crash Test Dummies
The Alarm
Cream
The Outlaws
Janis Joplin
Kate Bush
Dead Can Dance
Gordon Lightfoot
Ottmar Liebert
Strunz & Farrah
Annie Lennox

That's all the stuff on my shelf that needs to be put away. I tend to play through a stack (I have a 5-disc CD changer), mix & match, then put it all away and start over with new stuff.

Old 2008-07-26, 1:02pm
Elphaba Lives !!

I've been listening to the Eagles alot lately. Their new double album is really great !!

Kathy

Old 2008-07-26, 1:42pm
Disconnected

Anything that covers the hiss of the Hot Head, but mostly French stuff or classical choir so I can *sing* (yell) loudly along
The newest-bestest in the ipod right now has Radiohead, Sweeney Todd, Mahler's IInd, Supertramp, and tons of French oldies

Old 2008-07-26, 6:59pm

The Crystal Method - did the theme to the TV show Bones, and Coldplay X and Y are my 2 most recent purchases. Trans Siberian Orchestra also has a couple albums that are not Christmasy that I like a lot.

Old 2008-07-26, 7:46pm
Love

Let's see...

Spoon
Superchunk
The Kinks
The Sounds
Pavement
Nellie McKay
Sleater-Kinney
Jets to Brazil
Weezer
Coldplay
The New Pornographers
RENT
They Might Be Giants (the kids' CDs-they're really good!)

DH's Etsy!:
Old 2008-07-27, 4:11pm

Godsmack, AC/DC that is for me if it's not them ~ then its Audio Books or Buffy the vampire slayer tv series on dvd