LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-11-29, 3:23pm
Mary Lockwood

I just wanted to add that this is when having one of the trio presses comes in handy.

You can press the core with the smallest size, the mid layers with the medium size and the final bead with the large size. Helps with not distorting these encased pressed beads.

Now, you certainly don't have to have a trio...careful shaping with hardly any tools at all will work just as well...this is just another nifty way to use your trio press if you have them.

~~Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-11-29, 4:42pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
...Here's my first attempt at a jellyfish.
The second one (using colors in your instuctions still)
I tried to make a lentil bead (large) and everything kind of squished.
Ooo, Irene!!! These look great!!!

DeAnne

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-01-02, 8:41pm
Pugs rule

I need to get busy with this tut now that I can get back to the torch. I love seeing all the different styles from everyone.

Old 2009-01-02, 8:45pm
pamtees

I've put off making this bead because it is so difficult with a HH. Can't wait to get my new big girl torch!
Old 2009-01-02, 8:50pm
are we there yet?

Mary, I'm going to add this to my list of tuts that I want to get in the future. It looks a bit more difficult than your bird tut, for a newbie anyway. Let me know what you think.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well make beads. jazz
Old 2009-01-03, 4:18pm
Lover of all things color

Mary, I pulled my tut out again today to use for the fancy stringers. I love it. A wealth of information.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-01-03, 7:03pm
Mary Lockwood

Thank, Jan! I'm really glad to see you are enjoying it.

Janet, well, it is considered an intermediate tutorial mainly because if you have trouble with encasing, it is not going to be as successful for you. These are heavily encased beads in general, with lots of depth and layers. THAT said though, I did break down lots of areas and classified them as either beginner or intermediate and even noted how long those portions should take you to do. So even though you are a beginner, there is still plenty for you to learn from this tutorial. Especially in the cane making portion.

I really tried to keep different skill levels in mind when I wrote it, so it will grow with you as your skills progress. That is what I would have wanted for myself.

Best of luck!
~~Mary

Old 2009-01-03, 7:06pm
Mary Lockwood

That's great, Pam! Please share when you get into it!

Old 2009-01-03, 7:18pm
Lover of all things color

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz's glass View Post
Mary, I'm going to add this to my list of tuts that I want to get in the future. It looks a bit more difficult than your bird tut, for a newbie anyway. Let me know what you think.
Janet, I'm pretty much a beginner and felt that this tutorial really helped me understand how to do stringers, work with frit and encase, all of which can be used alone. I pull it out just to use one or two pieces of it.

You won't be sorry.
Another Janet

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con