Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-01-07, 4:40pm

Tracy you have my thoughts & hugs.
& we are just a special bunch so they move us someplace special right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jen
Old 2010-01-07, 5:43pm
Princess Odd . . . lot

Hi Sandy my favorite cleaning fairy

Well #*%*!! Just got off the phone with mom and they're putting dad in a nursing home tomorrow It's a good news/bad news thing - good because mom can't really handle him anymore, and bad cause he's gotten worse. He had a fall earlier this week and his new chemo is making him weak. Please keep him in your prayers.

I got my MRI results and there's no change from the one from August. I'll find out if that's good news or bad news when I have my followup appointment.
Old 2010-01-07, 6:30pm
Eight Miles Wide

MaryJo

And I hope your MRI results means good results.

Old 2010-01-07, 6:33pm
Eight Miles Wide

Tracy, I am so sorry about your grandmother. I lost two friends in January '93, my paternal grandfather in January '94, and my dad in January '95. I totally get the January Sucks theme. Not to be all morbid, but I think the frigid, desolate, and bleak January is appropriate for losing loved one. My thoughts are with you.

Old 2010-01-07, 6:33pm
Eight Miles Wide

And I'm all dizzy from the move.

Old 2010-01-07, 6:44pm

Melissa,

Jen
Old 2010-01-07, 6:49pm

So sorry Tracy. My Grandma's birthday was on January 6th too.
Old 2010-01-07, 7:04pm

Tracy: You have my sympathies on the loss of your Grandmother. January has mixed emotions for me. My dad passed away on Jan.6, 1990 and my grandson was born in January in 2002.

Old 2010-01-07, 7:38pm
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Tracy
Sweets I am so sorry to hear about Grama. Know that all our love and prayers go with you on Sat. May the sun come out and shine on you , if for only a little while.
(((Hugs)))

Old 2010-01-07, 7:42pm
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

MJ I am also sorry to hear about your father. though I think this will help take a little of the pressure and stress off your mother. Being a caregiver can be an extremely difficult and draining situation. My thoughts are with you.
On the good side of things you still seem to be your sweet "sassy" self.

Old 2010-01-07, 10:58pm

Tracy - Sorry to hear about your grandma, loss is difficult no matter how old the person is.

Lindsey - Lauren is beautiful!! Congrats!

MJ - Sorry to hear about your dad. It is a difficult but often a necessary choice. Its what is best for both your parents

Any chance there will be a grand rapids dinner anytime soon? Hopefully not on a day I work

Caroline
Old 2010-01-08, 5:56am
Your Royal Fritness

Tracy I'm so sorry about your Grandma ((((HUGS))))) MJ I'll be keeping you and your dad in my prayers.

Dawn

Old 2010-01-08, 6:41am

Sorry to hear about your grandma Tracey. She lived a long life and it is a better place celebrating with those who were there to meet her.

Old 2010-01-08, 7:12am
Burn baby burn

Tracy, I'm sorry for your loss. I know you jumped through a lot of hoops for Grandma and took very special care of her. I will be thinking of you and your family on Saturday. If you need anything please let me know.

MJ, I hope your Dad is resting comfortably. I remember meeting your mom at the Bead Expo in October and she is just a tiny little thing. I'm sure taking care of your Dad has to take a toll on her, both emotionally and physically.
My thoughts are with you.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says~~ "Oh Crap, She's up!"
Old 2010-01-08, 7:46am
going crazy

Hey, why'd you move and forget to tell me??

Tracy, so sorry to hear about your grandma. I know you have lots of great memories of here.
MJ, sorry to hear about your dad.
My prayer list is getting long . . .

My button mandrel listed here!
Old 2010-01-08, 9:36am

I'm keeping all of you in my prayers. Hearing what you all have been going through makes me appreciate what I have. With a new baby in our family, I am seeing the "circle of life" firsthand...my dad is 92, my mom 88. I'm very lucky they're still with us, but know that won't last much longer. I'm thinking of all of you and hope that the new year brings you joys you haven't thought of.

Sharlyn
Old 2010-01-08, 10:17am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Hey Dawn ~

The red luster frit we saw at the blowing studio will be here before the meeting next Saturday! Woohoo!

Old 2010-01-08, 11:53am
Anyone need some spacers?

Thanks everyone, everything is all planned now and we just have to show up tomorrow. It's going to be a cold one but that will keep it very short and sweet and that is what she wanted

MJ, I think one of the hardest things to do is to admit that you can't take care of someone anymore and have to send them to the nursing home. I am sure he will get strong enough to come home again with this new treatment.

RED LUSTER FRIT yeah!

Old 2010-01-08, 12:26pm
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyLynn View Post
Hey Dawn ~

The red luster frit we saw at the blowing studio will be here before the meeting next Saturday! Woohoo!
YEAH! What sizes do you have it in? JL you are the BEST!

Dawn.

Old 2010-01-08, 12:28pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Aw Tracy, funerals are so hard.

The frit I got it in size 1 and size 2. Wasn't so sure about getting 00, so I didn't get that yet. Well see. I really liked that frit, it was awsome. I might have 5 new cim colors too, not sure if they will make it in time or not yet.

Old 2010-01-08, 2:05pm
Your Royal Fritness

JameyLynn I've never been a fan of the 00 (thats what enamel is for, lol). Let me know the sizes and how much and I'll have some $$'s ready for you

Dawn

Old 2010-01-08, 3:20pm
Superkitty

Tracy, I am so sorry about your grandma. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

MJ, having to put a parent in a nursing home is such a tough thing but sometimes it is the only and best thing you can do. I am hoping the MRI not changing is a good thing! Hugs and prayers.

So what is this 'red luster' frit you speak of and how badly do I need it?
Old 2010-01-08, 4:31pm
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post

So what is this 'red luster' frit you speak of and how badly do I need it?
I don't know what it is, either, but I do know the anwser to that question...

Old 2010-01-08, 4:47pm
Your Royal Fritness

We saw the red luster in Williamston's glass shop down the street from Robin's house. It is really pretty. IIRC it looked really good on transparents.

The answer to your question is YES you need it

Last edited by Mustang Dawn; 2010-01-08 at 4:51pm.
Old 2010-01-08, 5:01pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Red Luster is a 96coe luster frit that is a transparent red and the finish reduces to a gold color, not silver like most of all the reduction glass does. Gold is purdy...... lol

Old 2010-01-08, 5:26pm

This is not a question of need but must have it was such a beautiful color.

Old 2010-01-08, 5:30pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyLynn View Post
Red Luster is a 96coe luster frit that is a transparent red and the finish reduces to a gold color, not silver like most of all the reduction glass does. Gold is purdy...... lol
It's VERY purdy -- I bought the bowl they made with it. The gold over the red gives it a coraly tint over the red, depending on the angle of the light.

I need some too!
Old 2010-01-08, 6:22pm

Now that I've found you all..........jeesh. Always have not been a fan of change.

Anyway..........
Tracy, so sorry about your gma. I know it wasn't easy, but girl, you did your absolute best with her, you should be proud. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and praying for sunshine. I hate January also, for the same reasons. They suck and can't move fast enough. February is the same for me, and I've always said, it's a short month, why can't we just get rid of it?????

MJ, hoping that MRI comes back with a miracle attached to it, so you can get back to whatever normal is for you!

Deb, are you thinking of traveling to the meeting on the 16th? If so, let me know and maybe, just maybe we can work out a sleepover that will work this time!

This week has been one of those that seems to never end, but then Friday finally does arrive. Dad had surgery on his aneurysm in his leg on Tuesday, and all seems well there. He will hopefully be home either tomorrow or Sunday.

We had a b*mb scare at school today. (I don't type that whole word for a reason ladies). We spent the day from about 12 until 2:30 in a gym at the middle school after being bussed over from the high school. It was a lonnnnnnnnnnnggggggg afternoon.

I did come home to a new order of big hole sterling beads, so if anyone wants to take at look at my new ones either on Etsy or on the website, feel free. If you want any of them, let me know and I'll hold them back and bring them on the 16th. There are some real pretty ones in this batch, I was getting so bored of the other ones, so they are on the clearance rack. I only ordered 6 of each of them, except for the skinny spacer ones.

Now I'm ready to just sleep.

Old 2010-01-08, 6:35pm

I need to see all of those new spacer beads not just some of them they are so beautiful.

Deb and Chris, I now have two full size beds for guests when Ethan isn't here. If ya can or want to you can come and spend the night here. Deb Ethan's room is Cat free in case you are allergic.

Next Saturday we can start at 11 or when ever ya get here, we are planning a Garage sale so bring the stuff you don't want anymore with your name and a price on it. I also have my photography tent set up so if you need photos of beads or jewelry we can do that. If you bring a micro SD card I can put your photo right onto then then you can learn how to crop and touch them up. I hope that we can all share our little photo secrets and learn a lot.

edited to say I hate this new location!

Old 2010-01-08, 7:05pm

Tracy,
I'll bring what I have with me. I had the wrong prices on them, so if you already looked at them, go back and look again. I dont' know where my old brain farted head was when I marked them the first time. Anyway, they are alot less than they were a few minutes ago.

Thanks for the bed offer, we just may take you up on that one! I'm just hoping the weather is good. Deb and I are both chickens on winter roads. :0

I'll bring my laptop with Adobe on it, and show people how to change their backgrounds easy peasy. I'll already have some loaded on my computer so it will go really quick.

Hugs,
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadbug View Post
I need to see all of those new spacer beads not just some of them they are so beautiful.

Deb and Chris, I now have two full size beds for guests when Ethan isn't here. If ya can or want to you can come and spend the night here. Deb Ethan's room is Cat free in case you are allergic.

Next Saturday we can start at 11 or when ever ya get here, we are planning a Garage sale so bring the stuff you don't want anymore with your name and a price on it. I also have my photography tent set up so if you need photos of beads or jewelry we can do that. If you bring a micro SD card I can put your photo right onto then then you can learn how to crop and touch them up. I hope that we can all share our little photo secrets and learn a lot.

edited to say I hate this new location!