Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2011-06-08, 10:10am
Arrow Springs

Default Why a New Black? See for Yourself!

Why a new black? Why ? We did a test showing stringers melted in on white - on the top are Effetre, CIM and Vetrofond blacks and on the bottom is

BellaDonna Black Diamond.

Black Diamond doesn't spread, bleed and most importantly IT STAYS BLACK! See for yourself!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And don't forget that during the month of June if you order 1/2 pound or more it will come in a free pouch to store all your beautiful BellaDonna Glass in!

Available now from Arrow Springs, follow this link!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-06-08, 11:14am

Dang, that's cool.
Got mine.

-D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Donna Felkner -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-
Old 2011-06-08, 11:24am
Angie09

Hey Donna,

I lightened the pic for you so it's a little easier to see the wonderful differences.

Old 2011-06-08, 12:40pm
Arrow Springs

Default Thanks Angie!

I am way better at glass chemistry than photoshop - lol! Thanks for fixing this for me, it looks way better now!

Donna
Old 2011-06-08, 5:22pm
Knob Creek Glass

Mine is on it's way!
Old 2011-06-09, 8:06am
Crispy Critter

Donna, how does it compare to CIM Hades?

Old 2011-06-09, 10:17am

Donna - will there be any for sale at the Bead & Button?

Old 2011-06-09, 3:23pm
Arrow Springs

Default Yes! Black Diamond will be at Bead and Button!

Thanks for asking! We sent BellaDonna Black Diamond to the show and it will be in Arrow Springs Booth. The photos I put up here were taken off of the displays they have there, so you can see them better in person. They also have the pouches for the glass if 1/2 pound or more is purchased.

Opening preview night should be starting in the the next hour???? Wish I were there! Have fun!

Donna
Old 2011-06-09, 3:25pm
Arrow Springs

Default Black Diamond compared to CIM Hades

Hi Chris,

no I have not had a chance to compare Hades to Black Diamond - it's a color we don't carry. I will make a point of getting some to see the difference and I will post photos when I do. Thanks for asking!

Donna
Old 2011-06-09, 4:25pm
Crispy Critter

Thanks, Donna! I'm interested in seeing how they compare.

Old 2011-06-09, 8:44pm
Superkitty

Me too!
Old 2011-06-09, 8:59pm
Formerly FishBulb

This is awesome!

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2011-06-09, 10:30pm

I had the pleasure of seeing this glass in action at Barbara's last night. It is amazing stuff!
Old 2011-06-09, 10:44pm
I speak Murrini!

Oh, you know I'm thinking of all the WONDERFUL possibilities in using this glass when making my murrini!
Nothing makes me sadder than to see a lovely BLACK murrini turn PURPLE once applied! I've been using Hades, which is really wonderfully dense and stable, but this looks very intriguing! Looking forward to seeing how your "comparatives" work out...

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2011-06-12, 6:47pm

That is a really amazing difference! Looks Wonderful!
Old 2011-06-17, 9:11pm
Arrow Springs

Default Black Diamond compared to CIM Hades

Okay, so I finally got a pound of Hades to try next to Black Diamond. I make sure that the stringers I start out with on the bead are as close in size as I can get them. I tried the Hades and Black Diamond on clear and white Effetre and really didn't "cook" them that long or that hot, so I was actually surprised by how much the Hades bled. Here's the photo of the two beads, Hades is on the left, Black Diamond is on the right:

If you are looking for a black that webs well, Hades or Effetre Intense Black work, but if you are looking for a black that stays where you put it without bleeding or webbing for your finest stringer work, I think Black Diamond is it!

Donna
Old 2011-06-17, 9:38pm

That is a huge difference. I am going to have to buy some next time I am at your store.
Old 2011-06-18, 7:09am
Crispy Critter

Wonderful! This is definitely going on my "must get" list. Thanks!

Old 2011-06-18, 5:50pm
Superkitty

Thanks for checking. There is quite a difference!
Old 2011-06-20, 11:52am
Arrow Springs

Default I gotta tell ya.....

I was kinda scared to try the Hades against Black Diamond! I had only used it once before so I thought what if this inexpensive black would do the same or better than Black Diamond?

Black Diamond is pricey, I know, but it's because it has so many expensive chemicals in it - but I figured since it is designed for fine stringer work not much would be used each time we used it - and there were enough artists who needed this precision - that it would be worth the months of research and development to produce it. So then when I was asked how it compared to Hades I thought, oh great, I missed one and well.....yikes!

I was pretty happy when I saw the Hades spread so quick, I really thought it would at least take a little heat. Whew!

I know the Black Diamond costs more - but the chemicals in it cost a bundle and it will be a long time before we recoup our research and development money on it - for stringer work 1/2 lb. can last FOREVER. But it's not about the $$, this one was totally about the puzzle - could it be done? And I am happy to say, yes, it can be done!

I would love to see the work you are able to do with it!

Enjoy! Donna

P.S. 1/2 lb of Black Diamond comes with a free pouch for the rest of the month
Old 2011-06-20, 1:15pm

Donna,
I will say that I was a little hesitant to spend that amount on just black but boy- after getting a chance to try it in one of my Bead and Button Show classes, I was sold on it. Very crisp and clean lines! I don't have to be super careful about over cooking and getting a mess from it. I also used it in my first batch of murrini this weekend and it performed wonderfully.

I'm now a big fan of it - now off to give Moody Blue a try...

Michelle
Old 2011-06-20, 2:10pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Donna, can you do one more test? Can you test it against Reichenbach Deep Black?

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-06-21, 10:42am
Arrow Springs

Default another black?

Hi Lori,

how many blacks are out there - lol - this is another one I don't have handy so I'll have to see about getting some.

Thanks, Donna

P.S. any others out there anyone? who knew?
Old 2011-06-21, 4:17pm

Hi Donna...

My stringer control isn't great - but to give everyone another bead with black diamond - this is on an effetre pink, and the stringer is pulled hair-fine.

I love that it stays black. I also found it a little easier to get on spot - even if my lines aren't perfect.

BTW - the bead itself is small, about the size of a thumbnail.

Dori

Well behaved women seldom make history ~ Laura Thatcher Ulrich
Old 2011-07-05, 10:14am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Quote:
Hi Lori,

how many blacks are out there - lol - this is another one I don't have handy so I'll have to see about getting some.

Thanks, Donna

P.S. any others out there anyone? who knew?
LOL! Well, there's Lauscha and Czech and Divardi...and...

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-07-07, 4:20am
Renee Weaver

This is the best black I've ever worked with. Love it!

Old 2011-07-07, 6:33pm

Will there be a comparison with Reichenbach Deep Black?
Old 2012-10-30, 4:21pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

bump

~
~

#M-191
Old 2012-10-30, 4:45pm
one day at a time

Is it a dark green, dark violet, or dark blue base?? I need to know because I used Vetrofond to make a certain shade of blue-grey.
Old 2012-10-30, 4:55pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

I'm curious about the comparison with Reichenbach Deep Black. Shoulda said that when I bumped.

~
~

#M-191