No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-05-10, 11:46pm
Can't you see I'm busy???

Love, love, love Carnelian!

Almost out, so am really happy to hear that it will be produced again!
Old 2014-05-11, 1:57am
Unmedicated since '62

Loren Stump uses it for the inside of seashells, its gorgeous, i think ill hoard mine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2014-05-11, 11:12pm
Just Plain

I love seeing the variety of colors everybody has gotten with carnelian!
Here's one from long ago

Old 2014-05-12, 12:50am
offically down under

It's still available in AUS Just depends on how badly you want it a http://chockadoo.myshopify.com/colle...aline_250grams

Old 2014-05-12, 5:51am
Lampworkaholic!

I have some extra on hand. Just in case anyone is desperate and can't wait.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2014-05-12, 6:33am
all for the love of glass

wow. am I out of the loop. This is soooooo sad..One of my favorite shades of glass..why on earth do they do this? Obviously it's not purchased enough..I'll look for photos but really anything I have does not do it justice. Dayna, your photo really does show the beauty of this glass..nice job.

"Do not worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to." -- Robert Henri.
Old 2014-05-12, 6:54am

done eons ago..I think 06.. it is the base for these florals. I think it has such potential for cane because of the various hues and subtle shadings. I need to experiment more but now I don't want to use it.

"Do not worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to." -- Robert Henri.
Old 2014-05-12, 7:14am

ah ok. Stop to actually READ! Super!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
WOW, Dayna! That's terrific news. I didn't know that Mike had his own special 'column' here on LE. That'll come in handy! I guess I've been away too long. I just copied the article to save time for those interested in this particular issue.

Originally Posted by jzbloom View Post
There is a rumor that carnelian is being discontinued....say it ain't so!

Mike's reply: "It ain't so. It is true that Effetre has no carnelian (591536) for sale at this time. Inventory ran out and the ingredients to produce this color are hard to find. There is not a huge demand for Opalino, so its production is not as often and as large as other colors. I do have word from the factory that the next time Effetre produces Opalino, they will produce carnelian. As soon as I know when it will be produced, I will post right here on "ASK MIKEY". In about two weeks I will be in Italy and will be looking through inventories to find new tonalities and some old ones that we are all looking for, such as light Ivory to just mention one.

I am going there with samples of all the coral I have and look for new tonalities of coral. Yes, we always need more corals!" < The original poster on the coral was inquiring about "transparent coral". Hope that something comes up on that! >

"Thank You for ordering glass from Frantz Art Glass. Your purchases allow us to look through the archives and find very nice colors or allows us to order new colors and bring them to our customers.

Life is Good
Glass is Great

Thank You
Mike Frantz"

Old 2014-05-13, 12:19am
Phill

Well fudge! Now the link for carnelian at chockadoo has failed. I guess it all got bought up.
Old 2014-06-01, 7:41am

That is one of my favorite glass colors...
Old 2014-06-03, 6:28pm
Phill

Natalie that is yummy!
Old 2014-06-05, 8:46pm

I think we all need to write to Mike and petition for the color! It's one of my favorites and I to am hoarding the last bit of mine and trying to use the pink, NOT the same.... boo hiss
Old 2014-06-08, 11:53am

I have a little over a pound of this from over 8 years ago that I'm not using. Let me know if you are interested, I can figure out what shipping would be. I'm in Toronto

Laurie