LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-01-29, 11:21am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Default Viking Knit Tutorial..GREAT!!!

Just wanted to praise Jan of Jan Ra Jewelry for her excellent tutorial for viking knit. I have been doing single viking for several months, but could never really get the double. Not only that, but she has how to finish and all kinds of tips and tricks. 34 pages of great information for only $10.00 and a ton of pictures.

She is kind of new to LE, so I hope she will bring the tut up on the for sale thread soon.

Pat
Old 2009-01-29, 11:25am

Hi Pat! I just got done posting to the Tutorials For Sale thread! Thank you so much for the kind words about my tutorial. I sure tried to be thorough! I hope you'll be able to conquer the double knit now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-01-29, 11:36am

Just ordered it!!!

Old 2009-01-29, 11:40am
Creatrixie

Looks GOOD, Jan! Thanks for the tip, Pat!

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2009-01-29, 3:33pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Hey Mary,
You are quite welcome!! I know I have purchased at least two or three? books on wire work and paid at least $25-30 per book. Neither has anywhere near this much information...I am working on it now...Pat
Old 2009-01-29, 4:04pm
Greykat Inspired...

Just ordered and paid for one! Hoping it is as easy as you make it look and sound!!

Louise / Greykat

Old 2009-01-29, 5:08pm
pamtees

I'm so glad you posted this thread! I had forgotten about the tutorial but I have ordered and paid for it now!
Old 2009-01-30, 11:07am

I have been doing the vk technique for a couple of months but I can't wait to get a different perspective ! I just ordered mine!
thanks
Paulette
Old 2009-01-30, 11:13am
Gimme that silver glass!

Trying to order mine, but paypal is slooooowwww...

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-01-31, 10:00am
N2Beadz

I just placed my order. I just recently sparked an interest in Viking Knit and have heard some excellent reviews about this tutorial.

Old 2009-01-31, 10:19am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

I am in double knit heaven!!! Thanks again, Jan...this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pat
Old 2009-01-31, 6:36pm
N2Beadz

Thanks Jan!!! I just looked mine over. It looks very well written and the pics are an excellent help. Very easy to understand and complete.

Old 2009-01-31, 7:04pm
Oooooh Sparkly!

ordered mine, thanks
Old 2009-02-07, 6:45pm
paminmd

Jan- I just ordered a tutorial, too. Thank you!
Pam
Old 2009-02-25, 3:27am
isa

Ordered mijn too, have all the stuff but never found an easy explanation,thanks.
Old 2009-02-26, 4:20am

This tut is very well written and has great pics...great tips! I use your tip on how to start a new wire now and it is much cleaner looking - on the inside...of the finished chain...
Thank you,
Paulette
Old 2009-03-15, 12:21am

Default WOOHOO

I have wanted to learn the viking knit for so long but could never find a tutorial I understood. After reading all the comments on here I just had to buy your tut. Lets hope now I can finally start to make lovely things too.
Old 2009-03-23, 1:16pm
Scientific Glass Girl

ordered it!

Old 2009-04-26, 4:06pm

I learned how to do this yesterday at a local glass studio (Inspired Fire). A bit tedious, but the results are well worth it, and it was easier than I thought.
Most written instructions are a bit hard to understand because they're so abbreviated. Having someone show you how to do it or write detailed instructions is a big help. I liked the fact that she showed me how to join on a new piece of wire, because using a continuous piece will practically guarantee kinks in the wire and frustration in your head.
Old 2009-05-23, 7:06am

glad i found this... i've been wanting to learn! just ordered my tut! thanks!

Old 2009-06-06, 3:34pm

Is this still for sale?

Old 2009-06-26, 11:02am

Great tut. How fun is this.

HOME OF THE MULTI USE MANDRELS
Viking Knit Bead Caps, Pandora, BHB, ???
Check the web site for more information
Old 2009-06-28, 1:02pm

HOw long does it take before you get the tutorial? Was hoping to have it for the weekend but I'm not sure if they are traveling??

Old 2009-06-29, 6:28am
what's a senior moment ?

I'm waiting too Irene. She was at a show all weekend according to her schedule. I'm hoping it'll arrive VERY soon !

ETA: It arrived this afternoon and it's a great tut ! Already answered at least one big question I had ! lol ! Worth the wait ! Very well done !

Last edited by dla; 2009-06-29 at 12:25pm.
Old 2009-06-30, 9:29pm

Hey there everyone! Thanks for being patient and waiting for me to return home from art shows on the road. I usually camp when I travel, making access to free wifi networks more challenging. If I can send the tutorial while I am on the road, I will certainly do so, but sometimes it just is not possible!

Old 2009-08-21, 5:55am
Striking-impared...

I wanted to throw in my own big THANK YOU to Jan for this tutorial. I've tried Viking Knit in the past, failed miserably. I've looked at some of the free tutorials out on the web, and while they were a help, I was still struggling.

After I saw that people were liking Jan's tutorial, I decided to give it one more shot. If I didn't "get it" this time, I'd just forget it altogether.

And I did it! While my first bracelet-length piece isn't exactly a work of art, it is wearable. Although I think instead I will use it as a "swatch" example (wire gauge, mandrel size and draw plate size).

And for those of you who make Pandora beads, here's a hint -- use one of your 3/16" or 5/32" mandrels, if you're not using the allen wrench. Worked like a charm and slid off easy for me.

Again, a big thanks to Jan for this. It is much appreciated!

Old 2009-08-25, 9:19am

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireWeaver View Post
Hi Pat! I just got done posting to the Tutorials For Sale thread! Thank you so much for the kind words about my tutorial. I sure tried to be thorough! I hope you'll be able to conquer the double knit now.

Tutorials For Sale thread! I need to find that!

Old 2009-08-25, 9:21am

Ha ha.....that was easy to find. It's a whole room.....Sometimes it takes me a while to catch on!