No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-01-05, 5:04pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Default rose bud beads

ok, just out of curiosity, for those of you that make rose bud beads for a bracelet or earrings, can you give me an idea of what size they are. Yah, mine are about four inches long, ha ha ha. would pull your ear lobe off if used as an earring.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2011-01-05, 10:32pm
I need more boro stuff

Mine about 1/2" in length.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-01-09, 7:04pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

omg, those are stunning, thank you so much. I have visions of flowers, so done with winter already, lol. Thanks again Yunita!

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2011-01-09, 7:49pm
I speak Murrini!

Wow, so pretty Yunita! Love 'em! And hey Kelly, how 'ya doing girl? Been thinking about you!

On the rosebud question, have you seen Laurie's Tutorial? I sure love they way these look:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/52954119...rder=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title&filter[0]=handmade

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2011-01-09, 8:07pm
honorary bead lady

about the size of a dime dangaling from an ear wire.
(sorry not on earwires)
Attached Images

Old 2011-01-09, 10:03pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Not doing so well on the flower front, took me over an hour to make one incredibly ugly flower bead that looks like something from the pod people,,,(im sure there is some horror movie called that, with really scary purple pod monsters lol) I have lots of Lauries tutorials, my fav is her pansy, but her humor is my favorite. She is my fb friend, and I read her stuff every day cuz she makes me laugh until I practically pee myself, seriously. No one should get to be that talented and be that hillarious, its so not fair! lol... Been having major concentration issues, and cant seem to make myself practice......working on it though....I am so shakey, trying to do anything tiny for me is ridiculous. really need to invest in one of those creating stations i think is the name, i call them arm holder thingys. Switching to decaf will be a major improvement right there. Crap, i think i spent the first 30 min, just trying to make a decent cone bead to start...I think I will try working with stringer instead of rods after my initital bead/footprint is made. I may be able to work smaller that way...

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Wow, so pretty Yunita! Love 'em! And hey Kelly, how 'ya doing girl? Been thinking about you!

On the rosebud question, have you seen Laurie's Tutorial? I sure love they way these look:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/52954119...rder=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title&filter[0]=handmade

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Last edited by dragonfly designs 56; 2011-01-10 at 5:42am.
Old 2011-01-09, 10:04pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

David, those are beautiful, thanks so much for sharing them with me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
about the size of a dime dangaling from an ear wire.
(sorry not on earwires)

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2011-01-11, 8:35pm
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Try turning your flame down to work smaller.

Here's some little ones, about 1/2"

Here's my favorite ones, 1/2" to about 3/4"

~
~
~
~
Old 2011-01-12, 6:20am
sunscreen me baby

These are so pretty! Kelly, I find I'm one that has to do a technique hundreds of times to get it right. It took me my first 6 months to master spacers and I used a rod of glass each session to get there. That's a lot of wonkie spacers! Don't feel like a failure

~