Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-04-03, 9:45pm

Default vetrofond black?

does any sell this anymore?
did they stop making it?
rhonda
Old 2011-04-03, 11:49pm
Entropy increasing....

I don't know. I have a bunch from an odd lot from about 5 years ago, but it's really, really shocky. I think that's the only thing odd about it.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-04-04, 4:00am
Live and Let Live

Another thread by the same name is still on page 1. Here's a link...
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by GlassGalore; 2011-04-04 at 4:02am.
Old 2011-04-04, 6:16am

i know a while back something was going on with it
i just wondered if vetrofond got back to making the original 64 black again
rhonda
Old 2011-04-04, 7:53am
da General

It's still not available - not the original anyway. Same with Vetrofond Light Ivory . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-04-04, 8:19am

If they would make a good black and light ivory like they used to, all would be well again
Old 2011-04-04, 10:40am

I have an old stock of black that is wonderful.
Then I reordered and got a black that keeps pitting. so strange when you are making a bead and it keeps developing holes... this might be the reason???

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2011-04-04, 10:44am
Entropy increasing....

I use CIM Tuxedo now.
Old 2011-04-13, 6:45am

Can someone tell me how to use hades without having beads break in kiln?
Old 2011-04-13, 7:27am
Who me?

I have about a pound of the old Vetro Black that is a must when putting black stripes on a white lighthouse.

I bought 4 lb of Tuxedo on sale hoping it would be a good substitute, but it bleeds at the edges and isn't very pretty on white at all.
Old 2011-05-11, 4:44pm

Default Vetro Black

We were cleaning house and came across some pounds of 791064-CR in a larger diameter (approx 10mm) If anyone would like some, please contact me at my email address and I will help you.

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2011-05-11, 4:59pm
Looking for my waistline

So what's the deal with the Vetrofond production? It seems like even you're running low on it. There used to be a lot more colors in stock.
Old 2011-05-11, 5:05pm

Default Black Gone

I just sold all I have, all gone

Mike Frantz

The Torch Website:

Old 2011-05-11, 5:06pm

Default Vetrofond Productgion

Quote:
So what's the deal with the Vetrofond production? It seems like even you're running low on it. There used to be a lot more colors in stock.
Some of our Vetrofond glass is all sold out and some we are running low on. I have sent an email to Vetrofond to see what they plan on doing for production this year.....still waiting for reply

Mike Frantz

The Torch Website:

Old 2011-05-11, 5:38pm
It's about having fun!

I think Arrow Springs had it listed..
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-05-11, 5:39pm
Who me?

Darn, I missed the post that you found some, Mike. I gots to have some vetro black soon. I will try to pay attention.
Old 2011-05-11, 5:56pm
Carpe beadum

Arrow Springs has it listed....check to see if they have it in stock.

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 2011-05-12, 12:06am

Try the 104 Reichenbach deep black, it is great!

Fritblends in COE 104:
Old 2011-05-12, 2:08am
Who me?

Quote:
Does it "bleed"at the edges of a stringer over white? tuxedo does and I' disappointed with it.
Old 2011-05-12, 4:02am

It does not bleed at all, only when making gravity swirls.
Here is a picture of a bead I made with it (sorry, it is a bit big).

But you need the deep black, not the normal one. I think it is L9203.

Fritblends in COE 104:
Old 2011-05-20, 9:35pm
Burning Fingers!

Quote:
Ditto - this is great stuff - just make sure you get the "deep" black. Sorry, Verena, I see you already said that.

These beads were used using Reich deep black for the hair fine stringer.

/
/
/

Last edited by Jane P; 2011-05-20 at 9:39pm.
Old 2011-05-20, 11:33pm
Who me?

Quote:
It does not bleed at all, only when making gravity swirls.
Here is a picture of a bead I made with it (sorry, it is a bit big).

But you need the deep black, not the normal one. I think it is L9203.

Thanks, Afina and Jane. I'll add it to my next order.
Old 2011-05-21, 3:10am

I started buying glass back in 2006 but was buying randomly from different places..not really labeling..not really knowing what the heck I was buying.My black rods are way longer than Effetre and just have a white label saying 064 on them.As far as I knew..they were Effetre but the length makes me think they are not.I have rarely touched them..and go for the intense black.Anybody think my black might be Vetrofond?
"

Old 2011-05-21, 4:15am
Who me?

Quote:
I started buying glass back in 2006 but was buying randomly from different places..not really labeling..not really knowing what the heck I was buying.My black rods are way longer than Effetre and just have a white label saying 064 on them.As far as I knew..they were Effetre but the length makes me think they are not.I have rarely touched them..and go for the intense black.Anybody think my black might be Vetrofond?
Melt the tip one one and smoosh (technical term) it with an equal amount of white. Vetrofond will look blue. Effetre will look purple.
Old 2011-05-21, 8:08am

Wow.cool,Linda..thanks so much!
"

Old 2011-06-12, 6:35am

Good point that Linda brings up. The rare occasions that I have purchased vetrofond I find that the rods I receive are around the same length as effetre. The longer length rods could be bullseye?

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2011-06-18, 4:13pm
Arrow Springs

Default no Vetrofond black, try the new Black Diamond?

When I was testing my new Black Diamond the Vetrofond black came the closest to matching it - but Black Diamond didn't spread as much as the Vetro did. If that is what you are missing about the Vetrofond, a good black with no spread or bleed then Black Diamond is worth a try. It took me forever to come up with this formula!

Black is actually a transparent glass that is a combination of metallic oxides that will end up blue, purple, brown or green if you pull it thin enough. If you put too much metal in to keep it black it loses it's elasticity and is too brittle or pits. Black Diamond doesn't do any of that - it is stiffer than some of the other blacks, but it doesn't pit or change color no matter how small you pull it.

I made it for you, all you detail stringer lampworkers!
Give it a try! I think you will like it!

Donna
Old 2011-06-20, 5:51am

Quote:
It may be intense black. I purchased some intense black glass from a vendor years ago and it was long rods of it.
Old 2011-07-02, 9:32pm
one day at a time

I love the gorgeous bluish grey I get from mixing it with white. I'll die if it's never available again. lol
Old 2011-07-02, 9:37pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I am so glad I don't used much black. I found some Vetro Black shorts when I was poking around in the bin.

And just an FYI, Effetre/Moretti and Vetrofond come from Italy in 1 meter lengths... while most vendors cut the glass into 3rds, there are some that sell it in the full 1 meter length or cut it in half... so you really can't tell by the length of the rod what type of glass it is.