Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2014-01-17, 10:59am
Mr. Cellophane

Default Holly Cooper Third Degree Glass March 15-16 St. Louis MO

We have a few spots open for Holly's class at Third Degree Glass Factory in St. Louis MO March 15-16 2014
Come learn from one of the best glass artist in our industry! A two day class in one of the best glass studio in the US.

If you haven't been to Third Degree this is your chance. Take a break and watch the glass blowers work or take a look at our cold shop. Whatever you can imagine in glass it is here!

http://www.thirddegreeglassfactory.c...design-detail/
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Libby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-02-16, 10:45am
Fire Monkey

Lets talk about stringer!

We won't start with a complicated bead like the one above but we will work on the steps to lead you to improve your stringer control.
Here's a class description for you:

Design and Detail: Stringer Control and Modular Design Principles

This is an intermediate class focusing on stringer control and design.
In the class we will concentrate on using stringers to create intricate detailed patterns
on glass beads while in the flame. We'll also discuss methods that aid in promoting
individuality in our work by taking technique and design beyond our usual boundaries
and towards a more personal style.

Part of the session I'll be showing how I manipulate fine stringers using simple tools
and techniques as well as discuss the properties of glass as it relates to the making of
stringers that hold a highly detailed pattern.

I will also demonstrate and discuss surface design elements such as:
rhythmic pattern, negative and positive space, color, scale and proportion, texture,
bead shape and its relationship to the design and modular pattern development.
I use modular development in many of my beads as a means of creating a complex design
within a simple framework. I will demonstrate step-by-step how I achieve this in my beads.

About me:

Working out of my studio in Austin, TX, I have been a professional artist my entire
working career. With a background in painting, art history, ceramics, textiles, jewelry and
finally glass, my work melds all of these disparate disciplines into my creative work.
I draw inspiration from a variety of cultural and historical traditions and incorporate
them into my glass beads.

Old 2014-02-17, 5:51pm
Mr. Cellophane

Just booked Holly flight! So excited. It's going to be a great class. We have 2 spots open.
Hope you can join us.

Libby