Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-07-24, 10:04am
Living Life Creatively

Unhappy HELP! Bullseye Incompatibility?

EEK!! I made this set of beads for a customer who wanted them to match Tiffany Blue and two months later, two of them have cracks!?! I wouldn't think they are thermal because I put them in the kiln still slightly glowing, but they have cracks running both horizontal and vertical?

This is the first time I've used Bullseye and was wondering if there is something with the blues that don't like to be encased or something else I might need to do differently from my normal 104 COE annealing schedule? The two blues and black are both Bullseye and I cased them with Schott 90 COE clear.

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!
Lori
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
Old 2013-07-24, 2:08pm
one day at a time

Try again, but don't use the Schott. Use BE's clear.
Old 2013-07-26, 7:22pm
Living Life Creatively

Smile

Thanks for the advice! I'll have to find some of the BE clear to try, but I've heard it's not that great, so I might end up having to create my own color recipe with 104 COE after all. *sigh*
-
-
-
Old 2013-07-26, 7:43pm
Loving learning

It looks like Effetre Rofranna might work for you if I'm reading what Tiffany Blue is correctly. Of course I may be way off.

I can stick a stub in the mail for you to see if you'd like.
I'm not 100% sure because I don't have notes, but I believe I used it in this one:

Old 2013-07-27, 4:29am
caffiene, beads, bedhead,

Lori, I adore bullseye clear, I never get any scum, I have never heard anything about it being bad, I was surprised to hear you say that.

~~
~~
Old 2013-07-27, 10:26am
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever After View Post
Lori, I adore bullseye clear, I never get any scum, I have never heard anything about it being bad, I was surprised to hear you say that.
I never heard or read anything bad about it either. Lori, I really do hope you try this again with the BE clear. Those beads are so cute!
Old 2013-07-27, 10:29am

Try making your own "rods" from thin strips of Bullseye (any color). I like their Crystal Clear a lot better than their regular clear!

Barbara