Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-10-14, 10:17am

3 years ago I bought a 5# box ,in it was enough copper green that I have not had to buy copper green yet. 6 months ago I bought another one just to see what I would get.
I got Lots of stringers of all colors and about a lb of Dichro on clear and on black .
I have never met Mike ,but In my book he is a stand up guy. 2 years ago I went to the Best Bead Show in Tucson In the bends with 5 dollar bundels for sale he had taken out of his VAULT Amber rose . It sold for 5 dollars a bundle, My kids bought me 3 lbs of it.
I had 6 rods they had gotten before off ebay for $60.00 . Mike had a thing going for beadmakers to make a bead and send it to Him and he would send you what he thought it was worth in glass. He sent me a lb of red roof tile. He didn't have to do that, I had only been making beads for a year or so. But boy did that make me feel good. I believe he is in business to make money just like all business . But with him I think he has a HEART that likes to do random acts of kindness.
2 years ago I was given 4 weeks to live & by the grace of God & my kids comming and getting me to the best doctors I am still here and I have alot of glass ,as I am not able to go make beads like I usto (maybe 3 to 5 beads at a setting) as my body is weak and I have no endurance. I wish I had 5# of glass to send to every one that didn't get in on the LIMITED offer. I have always believed if you can't say something good about somebody don't say anything at all.
You have a right to say what you want. I am not physicaly or emotionly able to take you on . Le is the only thing I have to look forward to the outside world. I wish I had not clicked on to this thread. But I did and If I didn't tell you of my experance w/Frantz Glass
It would be like walking in on an adult beating their child and turning my back on it and walking away.
Teresa justice
Old 2008-10-14, 10:36am
Sucks at being nice

I can't understand all of the anger. I too didn't get the 5lb boxes but it's no big deal. When the ad says "Hurry, Limited Supply" I pretty much knew that not every one that wanted some was going to get it. In a perfect world every store would have real time inventory and you would know instantly if something was available. In the real world that is not always possible. My parents raised me to be a realist. No matter how good, nice, or prompt you are sometimes things still won't work in your favor. Life isn't always fair! If you aren't out any money and recieved an apology then maybe it's time to grow up and move on. Being dissapointed is no reason to post slanderous speculation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-14, 10:50am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
my post got lost
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anyway I'll ask again
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Squid, is there really a big difference between having a large stock or small stock when it comes to automatic real time websites? I have no clue about websites so I'd really like to know
I'm thinking more along the lines of number of different items rather than qty of one item. Frantz carries a wider variety than most other glass retailers I have found. I think the time and personnel it would take to keep an accurate count of every item they stock would raise our costs in the end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-10-14, 10:58am
Duchess of Dichro

I think that Dissapointment is being confused with Bad Business which IMHO is just WRONG ! You cannot whine your way into getting what you want in this world !!

I would LOVE to try some 104 glass but by the time I saw the ad I knew it was too late to get in on the great deal , is that the sellers fault ? NOPE !!

Old 2008-10-14, 11:09am

Default Mike and his $17 bundle of glass

These are the facts:

While I was away for a short vacation the warehouse made up around 20 of these assortments

These assortments should have been for our retail shop only.

It was decided to put these $17 bundles on our website, not realizing how many would be ordered.

Over the weekend we had orders for 150 of them.

We could have sold the 20 and then said "SORRY, SOLD OUT".

At 3pm on Monday we looked around but there was no more scrap of common or premium colors, pieces that range from 6 to 12 inches long.
Without scrap I selected glass from my vault, perfectly good glass from our inventory. I found boxes of Effetre Premium colors that were of larger diameter or way too conical to sell at regular prices and made these assortments until we were out of the Efferre Premium colors. We made around 70 of these assortments and fullfilled as many orders as possible.

We were able to make about half of how many we needed, and yes we LOST money on each one we sold, but it will not put us out of business.

So there is no "bait and switch" it is more like the demand went well beyond the supply and then we put together as many as we could and made some of you happy, some of you slightly sad, and one ?

We had orders come to us on the phone, by email and fax. We tried to fill orders in the order they came to us and we did the best we could do and I feel we went above what was expected. But I expect that some people are going to not be happy and accuse us of being BAD or EVIL!

I have no problem going to sleep at night.

Thanks for your support.

Mike Frantz

mike frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2008-10-14, 11:17am
Elphaba Lives !!

Yea Mike!!!!!!!

Old 2008-10-14, 11:17am

Thanks for the explanation and everything you do for us, Mike.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-10-14, 11:19am
Smile, it's contagious!

dang... I didn't even know about the deal! Even if I did, I wouldn't have been able to order any... yep, I'm that broke, lol!

When quantities are limited, they are LIMITED. Sounds like Mike bent over backwards to try to fill as many orders as he could. Those that didn't get in on this deal, just keep your eyes open for the next one... there is always another good deal coming from Frantz just around the corner.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2008-10-14, 11:19am
One Crazy Mama

aw Mike that was really awesome of you guys! i can't believe you went and made 50 more boxes!!!! and FYI i too was one that didn't get a box, i sent a polite email back thanking them. I totally understood and now?? wow! Fratz Glass rocks! and I repeat..i didn't get a box i just think this is totally awesome of them to go above and beyond!!!

Old 2008-10-14, 11:45am

That just shows to go you, Mike. No more short vacations!!
Old 2008-10-14, 12:03pm
drinks pickle juice

I haven't ordered from Frantz before, but as soon as I have enough money to buy more glass I promise I will be ordering from Frantz. What Mike said just goes to show you the integrity that his company has!
Old 2008-10-14, 12:08pm
Melting

Frantz is the best!

Am I the only one confused about why she is mad? First she said she ordered as soon as it was posted, but then in post #30 she says she ordered on Saturday...
I'm just wondering if I missed something!
I finally called and found out I got a box! But then again, I ordered Friday, and I still consider myself very lucky!

Sorry, post #30, not 80

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2008-10-14, 12:12pm
Life is change. Love it

Well, those of you getting these boxes should be really happy. What a deal!!!

Good for you, Mike.

Old 2008-10-14, 12:48pm
Storm Queen

I'm just shocked that someone is having a total Boo Hoo whinny meltdown over a box of shorts.

Last edited by AKDesigns; 2008-10-14 at 12:59pm.
Old 2008-10-14, 1:44pm
In search of her path....

Im jazzed I got an email saying I got one! I havnt ordered glass or bought class in forever! I need to get my torchy up and running again but im trying to figure out the kiln issue...no where to put my big one here
anyway I am just excited to have gotten a box and to see what I got! I ordered some more clear too because I know im out! or almost ! lol so when I DO get to torch again ill have some!

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2008-10-14, 2:35pm

hmmm. If one was not charged, and got a "sorry out of stock" letter, then there really wasn't a purchase made. If one was charged then one had made a purchase, and it should be honored. That being said I should also point out that Frantz charges when the order is ready to ship- not when the order comes in. This does mean that something might be out of stock when the bottom line is hit. Oh well. Until you have actually paid you're just in line hoping to get the treat you want.

Old 2008-10-14, 2:37pm
In search of her path....

oops look like threads were moved / merged lol either way im still excited...and Mike has done alot of random glass giveaways here and they are always cool...I got a random glass giveaway from the chat room several months ago! I think that was pretty awesome and I have never actually ordered ordeed from their website before this was the first time I have ever ordered direct from them...and ive been lampworking for about 7+ years now...

Prints for sale in my
!

Last edited by IF-Designs; 2008-10-14 at 2:50pm.
Old 2008-10-14, 2:49pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
I'm just shocked that someone is having a total Boo Hoo whinny meltdown over a box of shorts.
LOL

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-14, 2:55pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Frantz is the best!

Am I the only one confused about why she is mad? First she said she ordered as soon as it was posted, but then in post #30 she says she ordered on Saturday...
I'm just wondering if I missed something!
I finally called and found out I got a box! But then again, I ordered Friday, and I still consider myself very lucky!

Sorry, post #30, not 80
That's a good point - I ordered on Friday also. I would imagine by Saturday they were all gone.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-14, 3:02pm
One Crazy Mama

heck i ordered friday night and they were sold out already.

Old 2008-10-14, 3:09pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
yes it is , Here in wisconsin it is you advertise a product , say a TV a big one 27 inches only you have only two. 125 people come into you store. Your betting that some percentage of them will buy something else, another tv what ever. This is just a new age and this is a different twist given the internet. Laws and definitions have yet to catch up but if it looks like a pig an smells like a pig it is probably a pig or in the same family as a pig. All I am saying is that if they made a mistake they should make it up to their customers and this is not anything that they haven't surmised from my original reaction to their letter. They are a large business with a somewaht captive audience since they are the major importers. This was wrong and they should fix it.
You are actually quite mistaken. That is called a "loss leader" and is VERY common practice across the country and has been for many decades. By law, you merely have to specify that there are limited quantities available.

I have been to Frantz and seen the stacks of shorts boxes that they accumulate. Last time I was up there they had maybe 30 of them, and my sister bought one. It's a really great way for them to get rid of unlabeled broken rods, and a great bargain if you happen to score one. It's a bummer that you missed out, but what is up with the vitriol and the accusations? Frantz is an honest company, and I have no doubt that they filled the orders first-come-first-serve. You missed out.

You could be facing foreclosure, illness, divorce, or other REAL hardships that people on this board are facing right now. Instead, you're PISSED and expending a bunch of energy sharing your rage other people because a glass company sold out of a special offer.

Hello, perspective?

Old 2008-10-14, 3:37pm
Oh No You Didn't!

OMG! I got one, I got one! I ordered 2 but only got one, but that's okay. I NEVER get lucky! I'm just excited to have gotten one. BTW, I ordered on Friday too. I can't wait to see what I get! It's going to be like Christmas and I'll be pulling out rods and oohing and ahhing! Yaaayyy!!!

Okay, as far as real time inventory goes, it's really not that difficult once you get it set up. There are computers with special programs that you can attach directly to your in-store cash registers that, when you make a sale, automatically deducts the item from the inventory. Same for web sales. So once you get it all set up, the computer does all the work for you and all you need do is enter the item and quantity into the program when you get inventory in and you're done.

No more physical monthly inventory to do unless you want to see if things are being stolen.

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-10-14, 3:41pm
Greykat Inspired...

I think I got a box! If they give you a Franz order # does that mean yes??
I had wanted more than just 1 but hey, I'll take what I can get! (I also didn't order right away, it was in the evening)

Louise / Greykat

Old 2008-10-14, 3:52pm

Quote:
When I oredered not one person had responded yet to the post
Of course they hadn't responded to the post - they were too busy ordering the limited quantity special deal. You win some, you lose some. Any time something is advertised as limited quantity you should not count on being able to participate until and when they advise you that your order was in time.
Old 2008-10-14, 7:00pm

Quote:
You know what I work in a service industy too and when we screw up we compenste the customer.
There it is.
Another person looking to get something for nothing
Old 2008-10-14, 7:16pm

I'm a new lampworker and I was lucky enough to get one of the boxes. It was my first order with Frantz. I was happy to find out that I was one of the lucky ones, but if I hadnt been I wouldn't have been upset. Limited quantity means just that. It's the same as if they said "first 100 orders receive a gift card". Does that mean if you were the 101st customer you should receive one? NO.

I think the opportunity that Mike gave us to get a variety of glass for such a low cost is wonderful. It says alot about his company. The fact that he made up more boxes for his customers says even more. I've been reading posts and trying to decide where I want to start purchasing my glass from. I can tell you that Frantz will be a primary source for me from now on. The customer service is great, and the prices are more than fair.
Old 2008-10-14, 8:12pm
Angel's Mom

Frantz rocks! I ordered Friday and got one. Sure, I wanted two, but I understand they are trying to be fair to everyone, and that was the right thing to do.

Thanks Kalera, for a perspective check. Last week, friends of ours lost their 11-year old son in a tragic accident (the dad accidentally ran over his son). Watching them go through this heart-wrenching time has given DH & I a new appreciation of our blessings. I encourage all of you to hug your kids tightly and tell them you love them every day. Not everyone gets to do that.

Truly, life is too short to dwell on the small disappointments that really won't matter in the end. All those sad thoughts can give you wrinkles. Be happy and make beads!
Old 2008-10-14, 8:39pm

Quote:
You could be facing foreclosure, illness, divorce, or other REAL hardships that people on this board are facing right now. Instead, you're PISSED and expending a bunch of energy sharing your rage other people because a glass company sold out of a special offer.

Hello, perspective?
Amen! 19 homes lost. 40 mobile homes lost. 5 schools now are full to capacity with people who have no idea if their house is standing.
Economy is crap! Unemployment has risen to 8% and your worried about not getting in on a special deal? Just wait for the next one and relax.

Disappointment understandable. But to let it linger is just sooo....trivial!

Old 2008-10-14, 9:03pm

Ok, points made I'd say. Come join us in the "I can eat less than you can" challenge in my Dear Frantz thread, and let's let Mad Hatter sort this through in whatever way she can.

I could cop a 'tude like that given a bad enough round of PMS, and then feel pretty sheepish once the storm passed.
Old 2008-10-15, 10:00am

Default No screws

Mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206

Last edited by mikefrantz; 2008-10-15 at 10:02am.