Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-04-14, 11:01pm

Default Mouth and Teeth - Trick/Tips???

I was working on some BOC beads last week and wanted to put a cartoon-ish big mouth and lips on some and could do nothing but make a gawd awful mess of it. I get the part of using some sculpting tools to cut in the teeth but the teeth and lips do not look right.

Anybody with any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my children have paws
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2012-04-15, 12:05am
Unmedicated since '62

Use clear encased white for the teeth

The screaming cactus and fish tuts by Cathy lyberger were really good for this stuff - I hope I spelled her name right!

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2012-04-15 at 12:08am.
Old 2012-04-15, 1:47am

Thank you Deb. I have some white encased with clear and I'll go see if I can find the tut.

Old 2012-04-15, 2:01am

I found the tut, I had something more in mind of "Rolling Stone" mouth with teeth, but in the meantime, I may try the cactus type teeth.

Old 2012-04-15, 5:38am

Maybe Loco's tuts? She does big teeth!
Old 2012-04-15, 5:59am

I have attempted the toothy grin also.. Thanks for the tip on the clear.

I could not find the tut, that was suggested, but I am glad I am not alone in my dentistry quest.
Old 2012-04-15, 6:24am
Hobby Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherri View Post
I have attempted the toothy grin also.. Thanks for the tip on the clear.

I could not find the tut, that was suggested, but I am glad I am not alone in my dentistry quest.
Here you go Cher...
http://www.etsy.com/listing/48030169...reaming+cactus

Old 2012-04-15, 9:38am
Glass-aholic

Oh I did the rolling stones mouth! So fun! I can not remember of I did the white and encased on red or just layed a strip of white down. But.. I heated the white and took a razor and went horizontal, then sculpted each tooth vertically then added a tongue for fun. I razored or took some tool and made the edge of the red/white very defined. I found that razoring the lips a zillion times and letting it semi melt out have GREAT texture and depth to the lips. I did this before working on sculpting the teeth. It was fun!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2012-04-15, 6:31pm
Unmedicated since '62

the best lips tip i every got was from a Moth tut
Attached Images

Old 2012-04-16, 6:28pm

I made a dragon with big teeth, I put a swipe of white on then used a razor tool to differentiate the teeth then added the lips at the very end. Once the lips are on I heat each corner and rake up to make it smile more. I hope that makes sense.

Caroline
Old 2012-04-17, 4:51am
Angie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
the best lips tip i every got was from a Moth tut
Any chance you have a link to her tut???
Old 2012-04-17, 5:39am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie09 View Post
Any chance you have a link to her tut???
This is her etsy store

http://www.etsy.com/shop/marylockwood

Email her and ask for a fish tut

Old 2012-04-17, 5:49am
Angie09

Thanks Deb .... just checked, I already own it!!! LOL
Old 2012-04-17, 7:23pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie09 View Post
Thanks Deb .... just checked, I already own it!!! LOL
the way she does lips is so simple and you get the mick jagger look

Old 2012-04-17, 10:36pm

Jaci - that sounds exactly like what I'm trying to do! I will try defining the boundary between the lips. When I tried before, the lips were smearing into the teeth...and it wasn't getting any better the more I tried to layer on lol.

Thank you again Deb. If I can't figure out how to do teeth, I'll settle for the fat round lips. They are cute!

Old 2012-04-18, 3:27am
Unmedicated since '62

Loco does it really well

Old 2012-04-18, 6:24am
Tweedle Dumb

Loco DOES do it very well, and she is a very nice person. You could ask her for some pointers, wouldn't hurt. Worse thing that happens is she says no.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2012-04-18, 10:41am
Surrounded by Trouble

loco is in the process of moving from CA to OR. She is actually on her way to OR right now with Lacey in the van. So if she doesn't answer you, she is ignoring you. Just didn't want you to think she was being rude or anything. It might take her a while to get unpacked and things set back up, have internet service, etc.

Old 2012-04-19, 7:45am
Glass-aholic

Gelly too with herbig piggy lips! Lol

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.: