Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2006-10-04, 6:12pm
phrit phreak

Default Anyone Use yahoo

Any of you use yahoo website builder and webhosting? They've got a good deal going and I've went thru the tutorial and templates etc. I don't plan on doing alot of selling out of my website...just people site seeing...(I hope I'm wrong tho)...I just would like to know what the pros and cons are to using yahoo. I'm not looking to spend 20.00 a month for someone to host my site.
thank you
xoxo
lori

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-10-04, 6:18pm
In search of her path....

Hi Lori,
I use yahoo for my main site and I really like them mainly because im rarely if EVER down. I have access to my email and website to update it via the web pretty much ANY where I am which is soooo nice.

I dont use their templates I use my own and upload them which is what I prefer to do but their templates are pretty diverse and their webpage builder allows you to do quite a bit and it also has a built in blog thingymabobber now which actually builds a really nice blog page.

They are a bit more expensive than other places lik 1and1.com and maybe godaddy.com but the convience (i dont think thats spelled right) is what sold me on it and its really been the best thing for me the ease of using it on the road and on trips and access to it while traveling when needed.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-10-04, 6:35pm
phrit phreak

thanks for your input Karin! I like your site
xxoo
lori

Old 2006-10-05, 1:47pm
Glass artist tool builder

Ive been using Yahoo for about a year, good deal and tons of space. I like it, easy to use templates.

Mike
Old 2006-10-05, 7:47pm
phrit phreak

thanks mike I like your site too!...I started last nite on mine...gonna take awhile w/ shows getting in the way LOL
xoxo
lori

Old 2006-10-20, 2:33pm
Skeptical Optimist

Hello!
I use Yahoo! for my website, and although I usually don't sell much off it yet, it puts my name out there so when i hand business cards out people have somewhere to go to see my "art" (not that good yet, but would like to eventually be deemed an "artist"). It gets better when i sit down and work on it, but i think my DH is going to take it over for me and really snazz it up. plus it's only 12.95 or 11.95/month for hosting plus domain name. Good luck!
Old 2006-10-21, 5:06am
phrit phreak

That's all I want mine for really. Is when I'm at shows..people ask for a website...I don't plan on selling alot from it. Thanks for your input! I thought the price was reasonable too
xoxo
lori

Old 2006-10-21, 7:56pm

My entire site was built using the Sitebuilder and I knew nothing when I started. The directions are pretty clear and their web hosting is cheap. Plus Sitebuilder is free. I actually had a question one day and got a human on the phone to answer it for free.

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-10-21, 8:58pm

Excuse me, I don't want to hijack anyones thread, but if noone minds I'd like to ask a question about Yahoo web since y'all have experience with it. I've had my yahoo web site for about 4 months with just a holder page on it. I've been procrastinating about getting anything on it because I don't really understand about shopping carts. Do they offer their own shopping cart? I have a merchants paypal account, I saw that one of you used the paypal button but I just don't understand. Is it hard to put the paypal button on there? Does paypal allow you to use a shopping cart, or just one item at a time? I was hoping when I signed up for the yahoo site that they had their own shopping cart deal.

I don't mean to hijack your thread Lori. Maybe my question could help someone else..? I'm new at this so just let me know if I'm outta line here and I'll start a new thread..

Thanks! -Carol
Old 2006-10-23, 11:15am
phrit phreak

No hi jacking...ask away!! Cuz I'm waiting for a response from your question too!! LOL
xoxx
lori

Old 2006-10-23, 7:19pm

Thanks Lori. Waiting patiently...
-Carol
Old 2006-10-24, 7:52pm
phrit phreak

Carol,
Ok I was messing w/ my site today..still not published, but I put some items on it for sale...and just went to the insert button and put a paypal button beside each item pic and discription. I looked at it like it would look on the web...and hit the paypal button...it didn't take me to paypal..but I imagine it will when I'm up and running? I figure that'll be something I'll figure out when I get it published.
xoxo
lori

Old 2006-10-24, 8:14pm

Thanks Lori. You have so much more initiative than I do! I guess I just need to get in there and try things. Is your site going to be parrottflameworks.com?
Old 2006-10-26, 2:12am
Kinder Gentler Sociopath

try 1and1.com 1 and q hosting is the best value with the best tech support

Old 2006-10-26, 2:13am
Kinder Gentler Sociopath

make that 1 and 1 hosting http://1and1.com