Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-06-19, 5:05pm
yukue fumei

Sarabella-gorgeous pendant!! Love the magnifying clear and the contrast between flower and swirls!! WOW!!

Hi Lori--
I have some experimental rods that sound like the same thing. When you hold it up to the light do you see a glint of pink(it's not actually pink but reflects pink..)? It works similar to Silver Aqua but slightly different
Anyhoo, very yummy results Lori!! can't wait to see the pics!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-06-19, 5:16pm
HourGlass Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Weaver View Post
Thanks so much nagi and Laurie! I used Nessies Dowry on the pink and vin van on the blue. the Nessies Dowry is my favorite. It has green sparkles that knock your socks off. I took the picture in the shade and the camera doesn't show it very well.
Awesome !!!
Thanks so much Renee....you really worked it and got some great colors going on !
Old 2007-06-19, 5:34pm
Serenity Now!

Beautiful work guys...keep it rollin'!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-06-20, 3:24am
Nah, not really...;)

Sals, what a cool pendant...nice work.

Here's a TripleFocalRing from moi.
Attached Images

Old 2007-06-20, 5:58am

Thanks Denise and Carrie! I seem to gravitate towards "organic" beads - I guess I don't have the whatever-it-takes for dots or squiggles beads. Gotta be good at something! I start a glassblowing class next week at a local college ... wish me luck!

Sals
Old 2007-06-20, 5:59am

Oooooo Carrie - pretty rings!
Sals
Old 2007-06-20, 8:23am
yukue fumei

woohoo Carrie! 3 in 1 I love it!!!

nagi

Old 2007-06-20, 9:51am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Carrie love your threesome!

Old 2007-06-21, 2:38am
Nah, not really...;)

Thank you Sals, nagi, and Suzanne.

Sals, good luck w/ your glass blowing class.

Old 2007-06-21, 2:22pm
Renee Weaver

Carrie, I am in such awe of your rings. Mine aren't fit to be shown yet.
Here is some of my DAP beads. They are slowly getting better. That dreaded PPP.

Old 2007-06-21, 3:59pm

All these gorgeous things!
I'm still a boro newbie, but I like these!

Old 2007-06-21, 7:24pm
yukue fumei

Gorgeous beads Renee!!!!

Wow Mary awesome beads! I love the set on the left!! woohoo!

nagi

Old 2007-06-22, 4:33am
Serenity Now!

Nice work Renee and Mary! Here's a set I've got on the Bay...pollen is not included!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-06-22, 4:37am
Nah, not really...;)

Renee, I love those beads and the silver in be/ really 'makes' the set I think. May I ask where you got those?

Mary, you might be a 'newbie' but those are fantastic. Nice job and keep on posting!

Old 2007-06-22, 6:19am
Renee Weaver

Thanks Carrie! I bought the spacers from www.deepwoodart.com and they are silver ceramic spacers. I really like them because the holes are big enough to go on a chain, and they are light weight. She carries different shapes and I like them all.

Old 2007-06-22, 9:44am
yukue fumei

Yummy set Val!
Love the balance of amber and vibrant purple!!!

nagi

Old 2007-06-23, 3:29am
Nah, not really...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Weaver View Post
Thanks Carrie! I bought the spacers from www.deepwoodart.com and they are silver ceramic spacers. I really like them because the holes are big enough to go on a chain, and they are light weight. She carries different shapes and I like them all.
Thank you Renee. I'll check out the site today...could be trouble.

Old 2007-06-23, 6:53am
Skeptical Optimist

Weemary, those are beautiful, keep up that good work! I already posted these in the soft gallery, but I'm proud of them so here goes: Here are my first octopus and first seahorse, and a turtle set I did for a fellow lamper. Thanks!

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2007-06-24, 8:46am
yukue fumei

WOOHOO!
Patrice--these are amazing!!! The seahorse and octopus rock!!!
Also, you know I LOVE that turtle set when i saw it in person--it is soooo gorgeous and tiny!! The detail is amazing!!

nagi

Old 2007-06-24, 10:30am
Skeptical Optimist

Thanks nagi, I'm quite inspired by your incredible sculptures

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2007-06-24, 12:23pm
Renee Weaver

I'm sorry to keep posting DAP beads but I'm having alot of fun with them. Here are some cubes and rounds.

Old 2007-06-25, 12:58am

Wow another amazing Showcase!
Mary - I didn't realize you'd come over to the dark side! where are you managing to get your boro from in the UK?

Old 2007-06-25, 1:38am

Hi Ellie, I'm not! Managing to get it in the UK, I mean, apart from Martin's clear. I've bought from the States. I think Q is planning on getting some, he wants to do marbles. And there is a new seller doing it on eBay, Cupcake. Did you get anything fun made from the tubing?

Old 2007-06-25, 5:13am

Pretty DAP beads Renee - keep 'em coming! Love the octpus and other sea creatures Patrice. LOL Val, so pollen is not a secret ingredient to your gorgeous colors?

Sals
Old 2007-06-25, 7:56pm
yukue fumei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepherdCreations View Post
Thanks nagi, I'm quite inspired by your incredible sculptures
Awww, thanks

Renee--Your colors are so consistently amazing!! I love your beads!!!

nagi

Old 2007-06-25, 9:11pm
Renee Weaver

Thanks so much nagi!! I was checking out some of your sculptures in other threads and I am blown away. There was a dragon that was AMAZING!

Old 2007-06-26, 1:27am

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMary View Post
Did you get anything fun made from the tubing?
Made a few blown ornaments and have been slowly working through the tubing sections of the Eliz Mears book, nothing good enough to share really. still got lots of tubing so can do lots of PPP!

Old 2007-06-26, 5:31am
The Venerable Bead

I played with stormy weather and the bottom and the top struck but the middle of this pendant stayed the rod color. cool. my husband likes this one and he hardly ever comments on my glass anymore cause he's so use to seeing it. so it's a keeper
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-06-26, 9:02am
HourGlass Studio

Ooooh Pretty Paula.

I have nothing to show right now....sick. Yuck. I did manage to make some boro flowers but no photos right now.....
Old 2007-06-26, 9:22am
Detail G-Mama!

Ya'll make such pretty stuff!! I finally get to add to this thread! I've been playing around seeing what colors do and have ended up with quite a little stash! I think I'm getting a little better at not creating mud!
Attached Images