Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-08-15, 8:54am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Default Please CHOOSE Your Top 6 to 8 Critters For The BOC Tutorial Book

Hello Everyone (who is interested!),

Would you please list your top 6 to 8 favorite Critters for the BOC Tutorial Workbook? I am having trouble prioritizing them and weeding out the losers!

And if you wish to be notified when it is ready for sale please email and put 'BOC Workbook' in the title. BOC gets 60% of the sale price and your email will be deleted after you get notified. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose. Please send your email to

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CONTESTANTS:

Worm - Dog - Kitty - Bear - Turtle - Birdie

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fish - Frog - Hippo - Lizard - Monkey - Dino

Piggie - Big Dino - Cow/Giraffe - Heart

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2010-09-01 at 4:16pm.
Old 2010-08-15, 10:31am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

You are kidding, right??? LOL......I may be speaking only for myself, but ALL the critters is my answer!!
Thanks, Pat
Old 2010-08-16, 5:55am
Run Free Sweet Boy

dog ,cat ,bear, big dino, pig ,monkey,cow/giraffe

there are already easily accessible tuts out there for the butterfly and the hearts

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2010-08-16, 8:32am
I think I could be a bead

Does it have to be only 6? I would say, eliminate the heart and butterfly, the duck and fish. I'd go with the others if you can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-08-16, 8:53am
Farewell promises nothing

You need to set up a poll to make this easier on yourself..

Monkey, Dino, Big Dino
Old 2010-08-16, 10:51am
I'm meeeeelting

They're all adorable, so I picked what I though would hold up well to kid abuse (no thin protruding parts) - cat, turtle, fish, monkey, hippo, cow/giraffe.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2010-08-16, 11:31am
Burnt Wood Beads

sooo cute!

dino, birdie, hippo, cow, kitty, monkey...

julie

Old 2010-08-17, 12:19am

Cat, dog , bear, piggie, monkey, dino, thanks, they are so cute. Kiss My Glass in Santa Cruz , Calif is having an all day free come bead for BOc this saturday. Call 831 462 3077 to reserve your torch AM or PM.
Old 2010-08-18, 4:23am

I like them all, but the worm, dog, bear, monkey, dino, cow & piggie might make a good tut book. I think some of the others already have instructions flying around for them, but haven't seen any for those yet... or maybe just haven't looked yet
but all of them are GREAT!!!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-08-29, 4:00pm
StudioMarcy

piggie, big dino, dog, monkey, bear, little dino

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2010-08-29, 5:54pm

worm, frog, lizard, Dino, cow/giraffe, piggie

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2010-08-29, 11:41pm

These are adorable! I personally think that the birdie has too many fragile parts to qualify for BOC.
My favorites are the Worm, Lizard, Dino, Frog, Big Dino and Fish.
Thanks for posting these!
ginger
Old 2010-08-30, 7:36am
Dancing Moon Shadows

Pig, worm, dino, dog, monkey, cow/giraffe

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2010-08-31, 6:55pm

I agree, you need a poll, but here are my chooses

Monkey - Dino - Big Dino - Cow/Giraffe - Heart - Butterfly

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2010-09-01, 4:26pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
These are adorable! I personally think that the birdie has too many fragile parts to qualify for BOC.

I sure agree - there are Critters here that can't be made for the kids at BOC (unless you modify them) but the Workbook will have tutorials for general use too. If people want to make them to sell we want that.

From the many responses we've gotten it seems like ALL the Critters should be included - so that's what we'll do! Thank you SO much for the many responses and support! At this point the Workbook is almost 90 pages!

In case you're interested, here are the top 6 favorites!

Old 2010-09-02, 3:46pm

I'm so glad you decided to include them all in your workbook Kristina!

Can't wait to see it!
Old 2010-09-02, 5:04pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Thank you. It should be a nice collection for people to choose from. The Workbook is in the final edit stage, about half way done. Then it has to be copied and spiral bound. We are doing it ourselves to keep the cost down.

I'll post notice (and emails will go out to any who ask to be notified) once BOC has them and they are ready to go!
Old 2010-09-03, 9:27am
Mary Lockwood

They are all awesome so I made my choices on what looked like a-the most durable, b-the funnest to spin around for the kids and c-would be great for both boys and girls.

worm, dog, cat, monkey, dino, turtle

Old 2010-09-03, 9:53am
Hot Glass Neophyte

That's such neat choosing logic!

Here is the worm redone and wrapped around a bead- made to have his head hang underneath, with eyes looking up at you (which they will due to weight)! They are in the Workbook too as a variation.

Hopefully this Workbook will produce much fun for the kids - small and big alike!

Old 2010-10-19, 8:13pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Hi Kristina, just checking in to ask how the booklet is coming along?
Thanks, Pat

P.S. Just don't want to miss it!!! LOL..
Old 2010-10-20, 5:50am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Default The BOC Critter Tutorial Workbook Is Almost Ready!

Quote:
Hi Kristina, just checking in to ask how the booklet is coming along?
Thanks, Pat
P.S. Just don't want to miss it!!! LOL..

Thank you for asking!

The Workbook is being printed and shipped to BOC this week. They will post it on their website once they get the Workbooks, and then I will post notice here and send emails to everyone that asked to be notified. You can see the final cover below, and samples of just ONE step for 3 of the Critters.

There are zillions of pictures in each Tutorial. The Workbook is 88 pages long and about 3/4" thick on 8-1/2" x 11" paper, so you can see that we didn't cut corners! It should be a lot of fun. ALL of the original Critters are included and more, PLUS info on making the critter bodies rounded and adding the faces and limbs taught in the Workbook to any shape body you like (like the pup and these rounded pals).

You can see all of the Critters and the heart that are in the Workbook below. Soon and very soon it will be here!

Old 2010-10-27, 1:15pm
Obsessed Blogger

I will get the workbook up as soon as I get it in my anxious little hands! I saw the preliminary copy and it is GREAT!

::
Old 2010-10-27, 1:42pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
I will get the workbook up as soon as I get it in my anxious little hands! I saw the preliminary copy and it is GREAT!
Thanks so much Lori! You should recieve the Tutorial Workbook shipment this week or next at the latest. It went Media Mail.

Please hollar when it is up on the BOC website for sale!
Old 2010-10-27, 2:07pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Thanks for all the hard work, ladies...can't wait to see it!!! Pat
Old 2010-10-29, 11:11am
Obsessed Blogger

I will let you know when it gets here!