Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-02-20, 7:49am

Wow what great beads everyone. I tried some of Nikki's design. They have been sent.
Attached Images

Old 2010-02-20, 6:20pm
Lampworkaholic!

These were mailed today!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Small Beads

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Big Beads!

Hearts (about 25 individually bagged)

My first butterflies (they'll get better)

Cats

Dolls

My friend Donna's bright beads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-02-24, 11:27am
It's fun when it's fun

These are all actually a really pretty (and cheery) transparent purple, (well except for the ones that are red!) but the black acrylic riser made them look so dark! I didn't realize it until I had already sent them in, so I didn't retake the photo. oh well. at least you can see the dichro!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Christine

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass..." ~ Anton Chekhov
I miss you Freesia
Old 2010-02-24, 12:58pm

Smile Beads of Courage Gallery

Here's my latest contribution. I've never posted before but want to get in on the fun. It gives me such satisfaction to make these beads.
Old 2010-02-24, 5:28pm

do I see spongebob in there?! way to go!

Old 2010-02-24, 7:06pm

Wonderful beads!!!

I didn't snap a picture of my last batch... but I did take a picture of two custom beads that I just sent today to a special little boy named Conner...

They were both custom requests...

A shoe~

A bed~

Keep making and sending in those beads!!

Old 2010-02-24, 7:36pm
Flame Dames Rule!

I make 100 of butterflies every December for Oakland Childrens Hospital, Oakland Kaiser, and the Lucille Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford. Haven't ever taken pictures of the bead donations from our SGB Norcal members, but we broke 10,000 a long time ago... We're able to totally support the three hospitals, and the leftovers (lots!) go to BOC, usually at a Gathering. BOC became our chapter's primary charitable activity when Oakland Children's signed up - I think it was the 3rd hospital that joined BOC, way back when. Just love doing this, and I get to meet kids and their moms when I make deliveries.
*s*
Attached Images

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2010-02-26, 7:45pm
FireBeads

I don't do sculptural well, I don't make murrini and I can't draw. Here's what I came up with - thinking of something more subtle for men. Too subtle? It's etched transparent cobalt blue with the hole going horizontally and off center so it hangs well. Pardon the fur - it's everywhere and there are no scratches even though it looks like it.

Last edited by lindag; 2010-02-26 at 10:37pm. Reason: spelling
Old 2010-02-26, 10:04pm

Next time I'll take a pic but I sent 5 POUNDS worth of beads a couple of weeks ago. Hope they were of use!

Old 2010-02-26, 10:42pm
Glassy Broad :-)

I hope these will be ok...they are different than the usual butterfly's. Maybe for the Dads? I don't know, everyone Else's beads are so pretty...please let me know ok?
Hugs
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-02-27, 3:52pm

Here's a crowd of sock monkeys that went out last week.

Robert
Old 2010-03-01, 12:37pm
Obsessed Blogger

Lindag and Nitad, I your butterflies are wonderful. Different people like different style and it's great to see the variety...it helps us all to have more ideas too.

I think the etched, more simple blue is more masculine and some of the boro pendants with loops too!

::
Old 2010-03-03, 3:18pm

I'm loving this thread, thank you all for showing your efforts.
A special red car, butterflies, and a bowl o' beads heading towards BoC tonight...
Attached Images

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2010-03-07, 8:28pm

I was never happy with my butterflies until I tried using my Gaffer and Val Cox veiled cane. Nikki posted some butterfly beads in this thread and a light bulb went off in my head. I have lots of veiled cane. I tweaked her design a little and came up with this way of making these beads. Check out my blog for step by step pictures.
Attached Images

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2010-03-17, 2:37pm
Happiness is....

Quote:
I'm a newbie when I found this thread I new I wanted to be a part of it. This is my first contribution to BOC but it want be my last

Paula,
I think your bunnies are just the greatest! very cool idea! love them

A Crickett and 2 5lp oxycons
Old 2010-03-17, 2:39pm
Happiness is....

Quote:
Here's the batch of test beads that I sent off in December that started my frit BOC challenge...

Wow Leslie,
That's lots of beads, I've got some set aside to send to you, but I just learned how to make butterflys this past weekend, so I've been practicing so I can send em to you!

A Crickett and 2 5lp oxycons
Old 2010-03-17, 6:49pm
Remember to keep smiling

Quote:
Paula,
I think your bunnies are just the greatest! very cool idea! love them
Thank you Krisdaka. I do hope the kids enjoy them

SRA#P109
Old 2010-03-22, 11:21am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Oh my goodness! They're all so wonderful!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2010-03-23, 4:41pm

Lovely work, everyone, thanks for sharing. I'm delighted that people found inspiration in my butterflies.

The bowl o' beads is the same beads as spread out onto mandrels, I just liked both photos...
Attached Images

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2010-03-23, 5:41pm
Obsessed Blogger

Wonderful!

Old 2010-03-23, 6:47pm

I love those.. I think I might have to make those and send em

Quote:
These are the first two of a batch of special request sock monkey beads.

Robert

Old 2010-03-26, 8:59pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I sent these last week... sorry for the really bad photo...

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2010-03-27, 1:16pm
Obsessed Blogger

Wow! Sweeeeet!

Old 2010-05-22, 6:23am
It's all good.

I made some BOC beads last weekend :0)

Old 2010-05-24, 4:34pm
Eight Miles Wide

This is a pic of 104 beads I sent 2 weeks ago.

This is a pic of the purple hearts we made at the Michigan Cabin Retreat this year.

Old 2010-07-14, 8:34am

Here's another batch of frit test beads and experimental and orphan beads going off today!
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-07-14, 12:12pm
Obsessed Blogger

NICE!!!!

I just love seeing big piles of beads ready to be mailed. The frit ones are always so unique and interesting...I imagine the kids and their parents gazing into them since the designs seem to morph into whatever the viewer wants to see.

Thanks Leslie!!!

Old 2010-07-23, 9:27am
Mr Brutus RIP

Heres my batch to send in.......I sent some a few years ago but now I'm going to try to send in monthly.

The colorful ones have murrini that I got from Lori & Kim, first time buying from them cause I wanted more of a variety than what I can make LOL
Some of them have two and some have one. They are my faves to make!!

The elmo and friends has been tough around here, my daughter swiped the first elmo and and earnie for my grand daughter so I had to make another then my little one has been screaming for them too! LOL They are fun to make other wise!! LOL

I love cupcakes.........YUM!!

Also, the butterfly, is it ok for a butterfly bead? I want to etch the butterfly first but was wondering if I should make anymore?
Sue
Attached Images

Old 2010-07-23, 11:27am
I speak Murrini!

So cute! I love your Ernie, Cookie and Elmo especially!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-07-23, 12:48pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Thanks De!! I did make Count too but I think his ears are too thin.