Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2009-07-20, 12:51pm

Default where to get ducting

im going to need 8 or 10" ducting and apparantly canadian tire does not have 8 or 10 just 6 and smaller... i liveo nvancouver island in victoria just wondering. searched around google alot couldent find anything
Old 2009-07-20, 1:01pm

Home Hardware? Have you looked on the Canadian Tire web site? I just bought some 10" aluminum ducting last week from our local Canadian Tire.

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2009-07-20, 1:02pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice View Post
Home Hardware? Have you looked on the Canadian Tire web site? I just bought some 10" aluminum ducting last week from our local Canadian Tire.

J.
yeah i checked the online site and searched with the word duct to get every one that came up and not much came up but il search around ty and il search on home hardware to
Old 2009-07-20, 1:50pm
Does that shed?

Sheet metal shop. My husband is a sheet metal journey man so I'm in with the tin. lol Check out the local listings in your area, under sheet metal. They can make you some up or order you some in.

So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!
Old 2009-07-20, 2:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzie View Post
Sheet metal shop. My husband is a sheet metal journey man so I'm in with the tin. lol Check out the local listings in your area, under sheet metal. They can make you some up or order you some in.
well i was thinking that but thought why bother them with like 3 feet of ducting. itd probably cost me abit more to. i might check into that to though thanks
Old 2009-07-20, 8:21pm

Not familiar with Canadian Tire, so bear with me, but if you have a big-box equivalent to Home Depot or Lowes Home Improvement in your area, one or the other will likely carry it. If not, heating and airconditioning parts places or certain plumbing supply stores might carry those sizes, as might a large chain hardware store.

Linda
Old 2009-07-23, 9:20am
burnin' glass just becuz

i'm in Ottawa and couldn't find the right size ducting at the hardware/home reno centres either. I ended up at the local HVAC store all the pros and contractors use to get my supplies.

Be prepared with a list though - i can't speak for all suppliers but the one i went to the guys there were pretty obnoxious and patronizing (they're lucky it was the only local place to buy that size ducting) and did not provide the kind of helpful service we've grown used to at large chain building centres. they even had sign saying specifically they did not help DIY-ers.

I brought pictures of my studio and other studio setups (found here and on WC) to show them what parts i thought i needed and they put together the list for me thankfully cuz some of the items i would have had no idea to ask for nor what they were called.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland