The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2009-05-29, 8:17am
burnin' glass just becuz

Default New Art Festival, June 6&7, 2009 - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Hi everyone!

If you're in the area or looking for a fun weekend trip, the New Art Festival (formerly known as Art in the Park) will be happening in Ottawa next weekend. It's the only juried outdoor art festival in the city.

New Art Festival
Central Park in the Glebe
Saturday June 6th & Sunday June 7th
10am-5pm both days
Ottawa, Ontario (Canada)
details & directions: http://www.artinfoboy.org

As far as I am aware, at least three Ottawa lampworkers (me, fdot studio & Jen Jakobs) will have booths there and there may be others from across the country. It's a big park and there will be a lot of other art forms included so should be a fabulous show!

If you do make it to the show, be sure to stop by and say hi! I'm booth#: 32 Patterson's Creek Pathway (see my site for more info and a map)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland
Old 2009-05-29, 8:20am

Oooohhhh...I love the Glebe!!!!!

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2009-05-29, 8:22am

OMG...I was just looking at the photos...I want to go

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]
Old 2009-05-29, 9:02am
burnin' glass just becuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice View Post
OMG...I was just looking at the photos...I want to go

J.

well then COME already!!! flights are cheap!!

Old 2009-05-29, 9:17am
Wahwahbabypants

I'll take a mosey on down...the kidlets have swimming lessons down at Brewer Pool so I'll pop in Saturday morning. If I'm conscious in the morning I'll even remember your dots book and awesome DVD.

Are you flaming like crazy to get ready?

I might go Crazyif I don't go Crazy Tonight.
Old 2009-05-29, 9:43am
burnin' glass just becuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcb View Post
I'll take a mosey on down...the kidlets have swimming lessons down at Brewer Pool so I'll pop in Saturday morning. If I'm conscious in the morning I'll even remember your dots book and awesome DVD.

Are you flaming like crazy to get ready?
I'm alternating being torching like crazy, being sick (i had some wierd lingering sinus infection & on meds for it), and freaking out. LOL

i took next week off work so i could have the time to prepare properly - and thank goodness too cuz other wise i would be a complete mental wreck right now!!

Old 2009-05-31, 6:13pm

Oh, how I wish I had the money to make a road trip this weekend. I love Ottawa. I did an internship there up on the Hill and have been meaning to return for years. So many good memories there. Please let us know how it goes, etc. Maybe next year I'll be on better ground financially to go, just for fun.

-Ona-