No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-10-23, 10:57am
Storm Queen

Default TAG Clarity

I just used my last rod of Aether and until DH comes out with more, I was wondering what people thought of TAG Clarity. I tried it when it first came out and I wasn't happy with it but I'm wondering if it's improved any since then. Can people that have been using it for the last 6 months or so chime in?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-10-23, 11:08am
Formerly known as LT

I really like it but mine was from May or June. I know they have changed it a bit since then.

Old 2009-10-23, 11:42am
Gimme that silver glass!

It sometimes need a softer, more slightly reducing flame. I do prefer it, compared to Diamond Clear. But in all honestly, I never had a clear that can beat Aether. I sure hope Jed & Julie will make more soon!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-10-24, 9:35am

ah, Clarity... this is a great example of why those who think making glass must be easy are totally insane!! You would *think* that plain ol' clear glass would be the easiest thing EVER, and yet it is one of the hardest things to do properly.

An unavoidable change in a chemical form on the world market has forced several companies, TAG included, to reformulate some of our glasses. Including Clarity. So it has been scarce as we try lots of different things to make it better. Now we think we have it dialed in again. But this new clear, Clarity 3, likes a more neutral flame than the softer flame our older clear liked. Personally, I think batch #101909 may be one of the best we have made since last June.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-10-24, 9:40am
Storm Queen

Thanks Jenny. I'll probably give you a call next week and order some.

Old 2009-10-24, 5:29pm
Mad about Glass

I just bought more Clarity on sale. How can I tell if it is the "new" or "old" Clarity? I love both Clarity and Aether - have never had a problem with either.

Jenn

[url]

Old 2009-10-24, 9:36pm
Life is change. Love it

Jenny, I still have the 'seeded' Clarity clear. You remember, the stuff that appears to work fine on a Minor, but not on a Cricket. Does this new batch work better on the Cricket? If so I'd like to buy some, I am getting desperate after people seem to be having some problems with Diamond Clear

Old 2009-10-26, 1:53pm

Yes, I have been doing all my testing lately on a Cricket. Send me back the stuff you hated and I'll trade it right out, no worries. ;-D

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-10-26, 1:55pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekkie View Post
I just bought more Clarity on sale. How can I tell if it is the "new" or "old" Clarity? I love both Clarity and Aether - have never had a problem with either.

Jenn
Hi Jenn - I think you have the older stuff? Depends on where/when you got it. We changed the recipe this summer. I can always tell the older from the newer in the flame since I have worked both - the newer one scums a little when given a little more gas, but behaves well in neutral.