Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2010-01-07, 5:03pm

Default Cane Recipe

Looking for hours for a cane recipe with trans brown, sage and I don't remember the other colors.

Thanks.
Old 2010-01-07, 5:25pm
I speak Murrini!

Is this for trees, vine or some other special application?

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-01-07, 5:35pm
I speak Murrini!

You've probably already seen this in your searches - maybe something in here? http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...twistie+recipe

Then there's the Transparent Brown and Iris Gold recipe - to make beads look like boro. Maybe this is what you're thinking of?

See Post #4 in this thread: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4391

Am I getting warm yet?

De

Old 2010-01-16, 3:48am
"Twirl that Honey round".

DeAnne, I'm VERY impressed with your effort to assist a lost newbie, who has trouble even asking the right question. I SEE YOU! lol. TIM
Old 2010-01-16, 5:26am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

Hey Tim - This is the second post I've seen from you where you have slammed a Newbie - However I haven't seen any beads from you........Are you just out here to hassle the Newbies - or are you serving a valid purpose?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Victorian Style Floral available now!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2010-01-16, 6:13am
Jamaican Me Crazy

hey Tim is that some of your work on Starfieldglass.com? If it is thanks for posting it really inspired me. After only four months of working hot glass and beadmaking I have finaly run across someone I am better than lol

Pete
newbie no-mo
Old 2010-01-16, 6:20am
thecoralcat

Kathaleen - I also found a thread that you might find helpful..... check this out:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...t=cane+recipes

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2010-01-16, 12:13pm
I speak Murrini!

Kathleen~

Just wondering...did you find what you needed?

De

Old 2010-01-16, 3:00pm

Hi Kathaleen,

This question remind me a Handmixed Brown Recipe by Kandice

http://www.coloraddiction.com/hbrown.html

She used Light Brown Transparent, Opaque Sage, and Dark Topaz

Hope you will find what you searching for

Lise

Glass beadmaking since 2006.

Old 2010-01-16, 3:16pm
I speak Murrini!

Oooo, Lise - I'd forgotten about this one! Maybe this is what Kathleen was looking for...

De

Old 2010-01-16, 7:23pm

Smile

I must say, DeAnne that I am intrigued by the question of this thread

Lise

Glass beadmaking since 2006.

Old 2010-01-24, 5:29am

J2canoe and Pete,
At no time have you ever heard me or anyone on this forum "slamming a Newbie". We know where they have been. This Forum has a very long tradition of Assisting New Artists.
On the other foot we also don't look kindly on 'noobs' smearing other Artists or inferring their work (of which they have seen none) is inferior. My friend who loaned the use of her site for the posting of a free tutorial (available to any and all ,newbie or experienced alike) is working at Her level and is not open for your criticism.
Please don't indulge in this behavior again. TIM
Old 2010-01-24, 8:46am
thecoralcat

Tim - At no time did I denigrate your work - What I objected to was your comment that Kathaleen did not have the intelligence to "ask the right question". Who are You that you should be the arbiter of proper questioning? The day before you had come into the Gallery and decided to tell another newbie that their comments were inappropriate for that forum as it was "too fast and furious". Get real - If you are going to make those types of comments - then at least post some of your work. Please don't tell me what behavior I will or will not engage in. You do NOT have that right. I will continue to defend attacks against newbies and do not appreciate your language in describing your PERCEPTION of what should be "proper" on the forum for them to ask and the way in which they should ask it. If you don't have anything to offer in answer to their question, then a PM to your intended recipient would have been the way to go, and you should have stayed off of the thread rather than accost someone for the manner in which they asked the question. It may never have occurred to you in your arrogance that a newbie may not have the knowledge to ask the question in the proper way! So please TIM - do not indulge in this behavior again!!!!

NEW TUTORIAL!

Last edited by j2canoe; 2010-01-24 at 8:51am.
Old 2010-01-25, 5:08am

I'm so sorry that this has devolved into a percieved personal insult to you. If you would go back and carefully read the posts I made you would probably come to a different conclusion about what I was saying. To attempt to answer a question of "How do I make this cane,these are two of the colors and I dont remember the other colors",struck me as a humorous newbie question and I complemented De for attempting to tackle it.
As for your railing accusations and lecture to me I say you need to look to the beam in your own eye and not worry if you might think there is a speck in mine. Want to continue this in a personal message or continue to embarass anyone who reads Kathleens question?
Old 2010-01-25, 7:40am
Looking for my waistline

Tim, I read your comment the same way as Joan did. I'm sure Joan and I aren't the only ones. If you didn't mean it to come across that way, then all you had to to was say so, apologize for the confusion and clarify.

Most of us that have been on the forum long enough has posted something that was read with a different meaning than we intended. It's really easy to read what you're thinking into your own statements, but when others read it, it isn't always so. I've learned not to get upset just because someone interprets what I've said in a manner I didn't mean. It's much easier on the nerves to clarify what I meant than it is to go on the offensive...or is that defensive?
Old 2010-01-25, 8:37am
Corgi Cult Member

Kathaleen, is this the thread you may have been searching for?

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ight=vine+cane

Old 2010-01-25, 8:40am
Jacqueline Parkes

I read your post the same way too Tim. It comes off as rude and if I was newbie reading it, I would feel intimidated to ask for help again.

Old 2010-01-25, 5:32pm

Truth to be told, there really is bashing going on here and anyone carefully reading this can make an informed decision as to who is doing it.

No newbies were hurt, injured, maimed, scarred or frightned. That is until some folks that should know better created an imaginary issue to sound off about, now I AM embarassed.

The third phase in these things is usually Namecalling. Please be creative. TIM
Old 2010-01-25, 7:34pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcfmountain View Post
Truth to be told, there really is bashing going on here and anyone carefully reading this can make an informed decision as to who is doing it.

No newbies were hurt, injured, maimed, scarred or frightned. That is until some folks that should know better created an imaginary issue to sound off about, now I AM embarassed.

The third phase in these things is usually Namecalling. Please be creative. TIM
Tim,

Truth be told, I read and interpreted what you said the same way others did but, having seen your response, I realize it was just that it was type written words. Had it been said in person, the tones and inflections would not have anyone concerned over what you meant to say. The fact that you have further clarified your lack of intent should help this thread to NOT become a firestorm.

It is always great to help new people. We were all new once upon a time.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2010-01-26, 2:36am

Thanks for weighing in Sue. If you have also had the impression on first reading my comment that I was denigrating someone then it must have been poorly crafted indeed. For anyone else(especially Joan) that was offended, I apologise for their unintended distress. TIM
Old 2010-01-26, 4:54am
Jamaican Me Crazy

I found it offensive as well. And I think Kathleen did as well. If you take a look at her profile stats she has not posted since. Job well done.
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/member.php?u=12832
Old 2010-01-26, 4:24pm

Private messaging you Pete/ woodywood143.
Old 2010-01-27, 5:34am
Jamaican Me Crazy

PM recieved Tim, and I would like to say that although I am a new here, I am not easily intimidated by your threats, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, sometimes anger clouds our judgement. Fair warning if you send me another message like that I will do every thing in my power to have you removed from here. I hope you found my three word reply appropriate.
Old 2010-01-27, 6:36am
Hobby Junkie

It's sad to me that an individual's request for assistance has turned into this. It really makes me leary of posting anything on this site (which, until now, had seemed like a supportive place for a newer artist such as myself). I'm not a fan of drama.

Old 2010-01-27, 6:41am

Kathaleen

Here is another site you might find interesting ...cauldroncreations
Old 2010-01-28, 7:43am

It is such a shame Cori. The very purpose of LE is torn when someone takes a personal offence at something they think someone said. Instead of clarification it gets clouded. As it is done publically it gets aired publically. A perfectly informative thread gets waylaid and genuine newbies intimidated. For my part I am sorry this went poorly for you.

Notice to all other Parties: I am not your Pinata.
If you want to discuss anything with me please PM me. Please have well thought out comments and leave out those short little offensive words that I don't use, unless I'm speaking to inanimate machinery. Don't try to scorch my tail fur and I won't scorch yours. I hope this kills this thread so it can be buried like it deserves.
Kathleen hasn't been back, she misplaced her question in tutorials when she meant tips and tricks. No foul to her. TIM
Old 2010-01-28, 2:30pm
Jamaican Me Crazy

I apologize to all involved, and I agree lets bury this one

Pete

Last edited by woodywood143; 2010-01-28 at 2:32pm. Reason: add
Old 2010-02-01, 11:25am
Feuer,Flamme and Tattoo's

No wonder people start war's
Peace all
Katja
Old 2010-02-09, 10:13pm

Hey De! Can you come save the day again??

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2010-02-25, 3:19pm

I have been sick and have not been able to thank everyone for their help. I am not a newie, I have been making beads for approx. 7 years and have been in this forum since 2008. This is why I don't chat on the forum, and most certainly will not ask any more questions. I appreciate all your help. Thank you.