Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2013-05-22, 11:03am

Default New Color-SANDLEWOOD IVORY at Frantz Art Glass!!

Hello

We are busy unpacking our latest shipment. We received a "New Ivory" from Effetre. How exciting is that? We think it's pretty exciting.

But this is a very unusual "Ivory" as it's a caramel honey brown color. On our invoice it is called "New Ivory" so we are going with that!! Who are we to question the makers of fine glass rods?

Check out this bead made by Pat Frantz. It has a core bead of the new Ivory...
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with dark silvered ivory applied (with some cute Marachino bumps to set the whole thing off)...On Sale NOW!!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206

Last edited by mikefrantz; 2013-05-22 at 12:49pm.
Old 2013-05-22, 11:12am
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

How many pounds do you have? I have to wait a bit to buy some.

Old 2013-05-22, 11:34am

Hi:

We have plenty to go around, I think we have half a ton, actually. That sounds like quite a bit...we have around 1100 pounds.

Thanks!

The Torch Website:

Last edited by mikefrantz; 2013-05-22 at 11:50am.
Old 2013-05-22, 11:46am
Fried Cat

Gorgeous!

Any idea when the CIM is coming in? I just ordered two days ago so I'll wait a bit too if the new messy is in route.
Old 2013-05-22, 11:49am

We are never sure exactly when our shipments arrive-this is due to customs, truck drivers and getting safely across the Pacific Ocean. But if all goes well, perhaps in 10 days to 2 weeks, something like that...but that's a guestimate! We'd feel best saying 2 weeks from now.

Thanks-have an extra wonderful day!
Frantz Art Glass

The Torch Website:

Old 2013-05-22, 11:54am
Tweedle Dumb

Please tell me this new stuff isn't going to replace the old stuff. I'll order a half ton of dark ivory today if this is going to replace it.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2013-05-22, 11:58am

Hi

No this does not replace the classic Dark Ivory (591276)...Dark Ivory by Effetre will NEVER go out of style or out of stock (hopefully!)

This is just a new fun color to add to your soft glass palette! a NEW color!

The Torch Website:

Old 2013-05-22, 12:52pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Wonderful - thanks, Mike!

Old 2013-05-22, 12:57pm
Lampworkaholic!

I think it's pretty cool.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-05-22, 1:26pm
Living out Loud

I like it.

Old 2013-05-23, 5:09pm

I may be drooling.

Possibly.

Stupid organic color addictions... *sigh*

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2013-05-23, 5:44pm

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

Is it reactive like the 'original'? Or different?

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." Janis Joplin
Old 2013-05-23, 6:52pm
Senior Moment

I'd love to see what it looks like next to CIM Honeycomb and Vetrofond Caramel Amber.

Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-05-23, 8:39pm
beads....mmmm

Oh, pretty!

::
Old 2013-05-23, 11:16pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

Need!!!

Old 2013-06-01, 10:53am
They see me rollin'...

Mine arrived yesterday. The rods look luscious! Thanks!

-Patti

-Patti
Old 2013-06-04, 10:16am

Thanks everyone!

This color is selling fast and we are happy that we receive a large supply to go around

We are unpacking and getting ready to introduce another "new ivory" from Effetre. Will post very soon!

Have a great day
Frantz Art Glass

The Torch Website:

Old 2013-06-04, 6:02pm
one day at a time

OMG...that's perfect for something I have in mind! For years I used to mix a color like this by hand and it was SO hard to do. Not the same color every time either, so making enough of the twisty/stringer to use to create an entire set of 13 beads was quite difficult. I quit making those beads a long time ago, and they were a good seller.

Now I can get whole rods! I will be able to go back to making those beads again. Yay!
Old 2013-06-06, 10:20pm

Is this a limited edition color? I'll have to put it on my list for my next glass order...

(under construction...)
Old 2013-06-07, 5:51am

Hello,

Yes, this is a one-time color from Effetre (as far as we know), but we did get several hundred pounds, so Sandalwood Ivory should be with us for awhile.

It is a popular color right now and is selling quickly. We've noticed that folks are trying it and re-buying in large quantities which is always a good sign.

Have a extra wonderful weekend!

Your friends at Frantz Art Glass

The Torch Website:

Old 2013-06-07, 2:31pm

Here's what my first go at it last night. Good stuff! I used Effetre light ivory with it.
Attached Images

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2013-06-10, 6:42am

Hi-WOW Thanks for this-those are killer beads!!

Your friends at Frantz

The Torch Website:

Old 2013-09-21, 4:11pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

I love the Sandlewood glass. Great as a base color for silver glass. Also, it produces a fabulous luster shimmer!

Here a similar set that I tumbled very slightly.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2013-09-22, 9:12am
They see me rollin'...

Wow, those are gorgeous!!

I was trying to remember if I had bought any (praying that I had) and then I saw my post saying that mine had arrived. lolol

When I fire up my torch after 10 months off in my new studio I'm pretty sure that's the color I will be using!

-Patti
Old 2013-09-22, 9:15am
They see me rollin'...

Quote:
Here's what my first go at it last night. Good stuff! I used Effetre light ivory with it.
I love these beads too!

-Patti
Old 2013-09-22, 4:41pm

Also notice, there is some "crackling" where the silver glass meets the base of Sandlewood.
It's visible in the second set. I want to try to get a stronger crackling next time, here it is too subtle to really make an impact.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2013-09-22, 5:54pm

Judith, those tumbled ones are fantastic! They almost look sand blasted rather than tumbled. Also, I can see the crackling on the ends in the tumbled set very well on the one bead. That would be beautiful if you could get it to crackle throughout the entire base bead. Nice work!

Last edited by slcuniques; 2013-09-22 at 5:58pm.
Old 2013-09-23, 5:34am

I don't know if I'm going to get any yet but I'm now craving a caramel icecream sundae with cherries

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2013-09-23, 12:45pm

And another picture, where the Sandlewood reactions with fine silver and silver glass are visible.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2013-09-27, 9:08pm
Gay rights R human rights

crappy pic sorry

bravo torch with 2 ex20's