AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-01-31, 10:33am

Default Silver Core-have you removed one?

Can you save the bead? I capped and cored a bead and decided I'd rather have different caps. Can it be done??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Amy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-01-31, 10:43am
Did you say summin' ??

I ran into the SAME thing yesterday, Amy ! That last little umph split the silver core on the edge. Use your dremel to thin out the inside core in one spot without going all the way through to the bead. You can kind of get it thin enough so that you can split the silver and then rip it out. Don't twist and turn it too hard, or, you know.......lol Good luck !

Old 2009-01-31, 10:45am
Dichro Addict

It is difficult but it can be done. I used a jewelers saw to kind of saw off one end, but the tubing split before it was flush with the bead so I had a bit of a lip to work with.

Old 2009-01-31, 10:47am
Happy Beadmaker!

If you've already capped and cored it beautifully, just change your mind about changing anything. Sell it, someone will love it just "as is" and you can make the next one just the way you want it!

"Been there..."
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2009-01-31, 11:13am

Thanks for all of your replies! The bead cap is actually personalized with a name and is a gift. It would be fine the way it is, I just decided I like the caps domed more, and these were more flat. I'm a perfectionist...
This is what I have:

I wanted the caps more domed, and I also decided I could do a better job on the stamping. I'm not sure it's worth the risk of breaking the bead, though!

Amy

Old 2009-01-31, 11:19am
Happy Beadmaker!

I think it's beautiful just as it is! Give her the choice, but at this point there's really no way of "undoing it".

HTH!
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2009-01-31, 11:26am
Just Plain

Amy, I'd be pleased as punch with that bead!

Old 2009-01-31, 11:33am

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to leave it be!

Amy

Old 2009-01-31, 1:47pm
Gimme that silver glass!

I agree Amy, it's gorgeous just as it is!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-01-31, 1:55pm

I agree with everyone else who agrees to agree that it's beautiful just as it is. Too bad my name's not Nadine!

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

Old 2009-02-01, 1:25am

Leave it .she's really nicely down.

Karen
Volkano Exotik