Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-11-10, 4:32am
Master Blaster

Default Barry Lafler's Ornament class at Carlisle School of Glass Art December 11th & 12th

Looking for that special gift? Can’t find anything in stores? Well, journey into the world of hollow glass ornaments during this two day class with Barry Lafler! Clear and colored borosilicate tubing will be used to create a variety of projects. Such projects include icicles, blown ball ornaments and the piece de resistance: blown ornaments with characters inside!
Come to class with a character in mind and the know how to sculpt it. This would make the perfect gift for that hard to shop for person. The best part is, it’s Handmade by you!
A sense of humor is mandatory.

http://www.carlislemachine.com/school/archives/177
Old 2010-11-23, 9:35am
Wooohooo,GS!

Ah, Barry, such a talented, sweet, FUNNY and all around fantastic guy! You will love this class, he makes tubing look easy but then he actually gets you to do it too! A fabulous teacher!

He has taught numerous times for me at Glass Stock and everyone loves the classes. Do yourself a favor and go laugh and learn from this incredible man, the best gift is taking the class! Maybe you could give an early Xmas gift and send a glass lover to this class. They could make their own present

Wish I could be there too!
Hugs, deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-11-27, 12:24am

wish my hand would be healed in time for this class- for sure this is gonna be an awesome class, this ones my favorite that barry makes:
Attached Images

Old 2010-11-30, 8:51am
Master Blaster

A potential student who is a bead person had concerns that they had never worked boro or tubing. Not to worry if you can start a torch you will be able to make some very nice orniments, that's my job to show you how.

Bear
Old 2010-11-30, 9:21am

true and if you are wanting to learn boro work a scientific glassblower like bear is the best place to start, so that you have good habits and a solid understanding of using boro, especially tubing. lol maybe the dr will take my cast off if i ask nicely...
Old 2010-11-30, 11:28am
Pattyglass

Default Barry Lafler teaching

Barry will also be teaching this year at the Glass Craft & Bead Expo!! We are excited to add him to our awesome lineup of instructors!!!!
Old 2010-12-03, 8:09am
Master Blaster

There are still 2 spots left to fill in the class.