Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-10-02, 7:28am
Lampwork Studio

Default Corina Tettinger at Glass Sorbet, January 18-19, 2014

Come join Corina Tettinger, the author of Passing the Flame, in a lampworking workshop. Learn all of her secrets, tips and tricks to making beautiful beads.

What does this class teach? Pretty much all of the things in "Passing The Flame", and a bunch of new stuff as well: how to make a round bead in no time, dot-application and designing with dots, dot-manipulation like poking, twisting, silver-lined dots. And then of course (the one thing that most students want to learn from me): stringer control. We will make a variety of twisties and striped cane, encased goldstone stringer, use of dichroic - and then we'll encase, of course. The type of beads we'll work on as the "graduation" pieces depend on the desire of the students, we either make florals, or tidepool/fossil beads, or something else altogher.

The main goal of this class is to gain maximum control over glass - so that it will do what you want it to do. Accordingly, I do NOT teach any type of organic bead, or the use of silvered glass etc.

Who should take this class? Anybody who is interested in "classic beadmaking techniques" (as described above), versus "tricks" or "effects". Beginners are welcome (as long as they know how to turn a torch on without singing their eyebrows), but be aware that I do NOT spend any time on safety issues, eye protection or ventilation. I expect students to already know about this. Would intermediate to advanced beadmakers benefit from this class? Absolutely! I had many advanced students in my classes who told me: "I wish I had known that a long time ago..."

I hope that all of my students will feel the same after the class!

January 18-19th, 2014. Class Hours: 10-6 Saturday and Sunday. Lunch provided both days.

Cost of Workshop: $400.

Tags
beginner, corina, glass, sorbet, tettinger, workshop