Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-06-14, 9:41am

Default Kalara Nugget vs Sleek Pillow presses

I was wanting some input on these two presses. I think they are close to the same. Any thoughts??
Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-06-14, 10:19am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

the shape of the two is pretty much the same, the main difference is the Sleek Pillow press aquires a base, the nugget doesn't

I've had both and they both are very nice. I held on to the Sleek Pillow cause the largest one was larger then the nugget

Old 2007-06-14, 12:16pm
A True Woofer

I had both, but held onto the nugget because I just couldn't work the sleek pillow properly. I was sleek-pillow impaired. The SP is thinner (sleeker) than the nugget. It's a nice shape, but the nugget works so much better for me.

Old 2007-06-14, 12:35pm

I have to go with Ellen, I still have the pillow but the small one esp is prone to breaking when it comes off the mandrel for me. Too thin , maybe i press to0 much. Anyway I love the nugget.
Sandra

Etsy shop

Old 2007-06-14, 3:19pm
Sheryll

Lol! I love the sleep pillow. I made one the first time, I tried it! Granted, I had some wonky sides but it came off nice and I was able to grind the sides down. The more practice I got, the better it looked. I like it cuz it is sleeker but I never had the nugget so I guess I'm a little biased.
Old 2007-06-14, 8:00pm

Thanks everyone for your input!!!