Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-02-17, 3:24pm

Default Can someone list bead colors and what they all stand for?

I'm hoping someone will see this. I know I have seen the list somewhere else but not sure if it was here or BOC website.
What does each color signify and also the shapes....Like

Purple hearts are for cancer treatments
Red hearts cardiac treatments...
what is the rest?
Butterflies...etc...etc

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-02-17, 3:59pm

Hi Reenie - here's the color guide!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-02-17, 6:37pm

Most of the beads on the color guide are purchased in bulk from commercial sources. we use far too many of these to expect the bead artists to keep up. We've got about 10,000 children enrolled right now and it adds up to a monumental number of beads. What we really need from bead artists are Act of Courage, Butterfly and Purple Heart beads. Act of Courage beads can be anything that you want to make and donate. Let your ideas run free and try out new ideas. You never know what's going to appeal to the imagination of a child. The children choose their own special Act of courage beads from a selection of donated beads. Purple Hearts go to the children who make it through treatment and are cured. Butterflies go to the parents of children who don't make it through to a cure.
Go to this page on our web site for a full description.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Robert
Old 2010-02-17, 6:50pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Just a quick note Robert, that link doesn't work

Nita

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-02-17, 8:44pm

Thanks guys. I thought there were more "Specific" type of beads that had to be made. I checked the BOC website before posting because it's been redone and I could have sworn I saw a page that listed color and stuff like that in list form.
I'll check out beadworx.
Thanks Nita!

Old 2010-02-18, 6:51am

There is a list of specific colors for specific events or treatments, but those are the commercially produced beads. The exceptions are Purple hearts, Butterflies and Act of Courage beads.

The link seems OK on my system -anyone else have trouble with it?

Robert
Old 2010-02-18, 7:05am

The link works for me, Robert - and also reminded me of the need for Red Heart beads...

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2010-02-18, 7:59am
In search of her path....

can they only be glass or can ceramic beads and pendants be useful to you guys to?

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2010-02-18, 8:04am

Ceramic beads and pendants are most welcome. We also use polymer clay beads, turned wood beads, and I've got a guy who is going to turn some beads from Corian as well. Durability is the main issue and all of these media should be fine.

Robert