No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-06-12, 10:30am
Crunchy ol' Momma

Default Show me yours - mosaic green beads

Just got a batch of mosaic green, but I don't know what to do with it. Any ideas? Show me what you've made with yours ...
Old 2006-06-12, 10:46am
Who me?

If this is the opaque green it has awesome reaction with ivory. Mores than most greens. Dot on ivory and the edges will turn tan/brown/black depending on how much you heat it.
Old 2006-06-12, 10:59am
Floral Obsessed

I find I have trouble when I encase it. Tends to crack, so I wonder if I'm just not treating it gently enough, of if it's slightly incompatible like Special colours.

It also likes to web like intense black if you dab it onto a soft colour and super-heat it.

I like to mix it with copper (cool opaques) colours and super-heat. It causes some wild concentration/webbing effects. It also does cool stuff with EDP. If I use it with Ivory I only heat it a little, 'cause the outline reaction can get out of control very quickly.

Hope this helps! It's the prettiest richest green out there, just veeeery reactive. -H.
Old 2006-06-12, 11:41am
Does it come in Purple???

roll it in silver foil - beautiful reactions with clear. I have had NO luck enclasing it at all. I discovered the silver foil last night and thought aha - I am on to something. Boo hiss - it started cracking before I even got it into the vermiculite. I am going to try again tonight - with just clear stringer and not total encasing. I got some beautiful blues out of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2006-06-12, 8:25pm
Entropy increasing....

I wasn't sure if this was mosaic or petroleum, but I was at Frantz today and I saw it. It's odd lot mosiac petroleum. I have a few lbs of kinda thick stringer if anyone wants some - I'm happy to trade.