LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-04-01, 10:19am

Default Questions about concentrators....

I bought a used concentrator from a local store about a year and half ago when I started lampworking. They told me it was a 10 LPM. Out of my ignorance, I believed them. When it broke this year and my husband researched it to fix it it was actually a 5 LPM. I was bummed but now I realize why it takes so long to make a bead and why I crack the big ones towards the end. But, I still love my torch time. I am now looking at concentrators and have looked at past threads suggesting Regalia @ Pyronamix. They have a concentrator for 1,550.00. I found a new one at Vitality Medical listed in error at a price of 1,386.00 instead of $3,000.00. Because of their error they said they would honor the price. At the same time my husband found one at Oxygen Plus Medical system refurbished at $895.00. It also has a 3 year warranty and the digital monitor was changed out to a analog dial because of failure with the digital monitors. So, I am really confused. First, is there a company anyone knows about that I should completely avoid? Next, should I pay the little extra and get a new one over a refurbished? Has anyone had trouble with the monitor and does that matter? I would appreciate any input : )
Old 2013-04-01, 11:00am
Uh Oh....

First, I love my Regalia. I have had an issue with my digital display, the light was still on but no number displayed. I was getting ready to send it back and when I moved it, the number came back on. It's been working fine since so I'm still waiting as I know someday it will fail for sure. Still, I'm happy with this oxycon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-04-01, 12:32pm

thanks...That really helps. I think I will save the $500.00 and get the refurbished one with the replaced monitor. It does have a warranty so if something does fail than I can send it back. : )
Old 2013-04-04, 5:34pm
Stainedglassman

Default O2 Concentrators

I bought a tank of O2 and soon found it was a hassel. I was talking to a friend that worked for a hospital supply place and he had three medical units that were rentals that nobody wanted to rent because they were to big and heavy. They put out 10lpm at 10psi and he sold them to me for $200 for all three. I sold one to the lady that taught me how to make beads and kept the other two.I use one for a back up and the other one I have been using for a couple of years with no problems. I noticed that Ed Hoys in Warrenvile sells units that are rebuilt medical units with a three year gaurenty. I would check the medical supply places, you might find a bargin like I did. Mine still puts out 96% pure at 10 lpm and 10psi. Good luck Glassman