Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-01-30, 5:58pm
In spite of it all!

The camper slots are filling up! If you are thinking that you will want to come to Camp Run A Muck in late June you will need to get your name on the list for hopefuls. Once all 25 slots are filled (with deposit) no more names will be excepted.

This is more of a camp where you can come and learn what is being demonstrated and then have a chance to practice it, talk with vendors, teachers and hang out with fellow glass workers. If this was a more structured "camp" the costs would need to be much higher. Since this is the first year of CRAM IT, it will be a jumping off point for more structure the following years. I can promise that you will go home with more knowledge then you came with, new friends and a great time hanging out camp style right here in Bend Oregon on this fine little mini ranch.

We were going to rent a big event tent for this but decided to build a pole structure this early spring that will be a whole barn/shop for next year. This year will be a slight more primitive then next year but still fun and educational. If you want to camp right here on the mini ranch there is NO additional costs.

Just wanted to clarify some of this while I am waiting for some of the last teacher/vendor confirmations. Be sure to get your name on the list before it's to late!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-02-04, 6:56pm

OOh, how did I miss this for so long? Add me to the list, do I need to do anything else at this time? I'd like to camp & may be bringing along a husband.. he would be playing outside, not with glass, during the day.
Old 2009-02-05, 4:21pm
koregon

this looks exciting Ruth, I just found this thread LOL

Old 2009-02-07, 10:17am
In spite of it all!

Thanks Kaye! It would be great to have you come and play in the desert with us.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2009-02-08, 12:43pm
koregon

Ruth, I won't be able to come...sorry, to close to our 30th Aniversary and plans we will have, I have a trip to TN first part of June...so it just won't work ...good luck thou~

Old 2009-02-08, 7:59pm

Hey all I am stepping in to help Ruth. Who would you like to see come and teach??? Any teachers like to come and teach??? Send me a pm if you would like to come and teach. We are working of getting a great event that everyone will want to come to and will grow!!!

Ruth and Otter have done a great job getting this rolling. We just need you all to sign up so we can make it happen!!!!

This is going to be a great event and alot of fun. This is a awesome area and the weather will be beautiful and warm.

Old 2009-02-10, 1:01pm
In spite of it all!

Thanks for posting Lori! Maybe asking about who would like to teach in the family room, patio or bathroom too?

Old 2009-02-18, 6:08pm
Critter Mom

Hi Ruth ... Just checking in to see if you've got a demo/class schedule ironed out yet. Sounds like you might still be trying to get firm comittments from teachers and demonstrators. How about suppliers...is there going to be anybody from Bullseye there? Anywho ... just anxious for more info.

Old 2009-02-19, 10:10am
In spite of it all!

Still working on the details Bonnie. Wish I had more to tell you but there is lots of interest over this coming to the email box everyday. Oh, and I got some other great news too!

Last edited by Ruth Nichols; 2009-02-19 at 5:48pm.
Old 2009-02-19, 12:11pm
She's Back & Burnin'

Ruth,

I just love the way you say that you have some other great news too...

just leave us hanging...

Sara

Old 2009-02-19, 4:47pm
Critter Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KetchikanSculptor View Post
Oh, and I got soem other great news too!
And that great news is .... ????

Old 2009-02-19, 5:47pm
In spite of it all!

I can't tell you yet.... but I know you guys will like it! Great things are happening for CRAM IT and people are coming forward in support and high interest. Those that do come to camp will be right at the top of happy pile!

So many great things happened this week with Monday and Tuesday being right at the top of my needed pile. I had a great time with Kimberly and the private class was a blast! When the beads come in the mail I will post a new thread with all the details. Then I will get the beads and glass packed for the peeps that won the Christmas decorating contest I had.

Old 2009-02-20, 8:53pm

So I have a few sponsors and vendors I am talking with. We are still looking for more teachers who would you all like to have come?

Old 2009-02-21, 10:39am
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

Well, Trey Cornette would be just right for this kind of gig! And then there's KimV, and Kimberly Aflek, and Kristina Logan, and Cynthia (peepers!) and Lydia Muell, ...and ...and...and

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2009-02-22, 1:46pm
In spite of it all!

Great suggestions Mona! Sadly, this will need to be next year. I will continue to brain storm with the people that are helping with this and plan for a bigger event next year. We are drawing up plans to start the buildings here in the next few weeks. A small studio and a good size barn type building that will be set up for lots of possibilities.

I am excited with all the plans we are making to be able to have a great CRAM IT event for everyone. I am sad about the need to cancel this first annual Camp Run A Muck. (yes... traditional ways spell it "muk", but you all know I am anything but traditional and I am not talking about that traditional kind of muck anyway! ) We had a lot of interest in being campers and teachers with promises for next years event. I was hoping to be able to pull this off... but everything is pointing to next year rather then this. I can't fight the universe, so will follow it instead and go where it is guiding me. Please keep this event in mind for June 2010. June is the best time to come to the desert as everything is alive, beautiful and not hot at that point yet normally.

We have been busily laying out the grounds for the camping area and where the buildings will go. This will be easier for next year too so everyone can get the biggest bang for their bead camp buck. Food, top shelf bead makers teaching and doing demos, suppliers, vendors with a wide array of glass related goodies, bead and glass sellers, open torch times, night out at McMinnamins pre-camp hangout party and much more. It will be a blast but just not this year.
People have emailed left and right because they want to attend. When I get all the buildings I want to build done this year, there will be room for 50 "campers" rather then just 20.

All you guys deserve the best and I want to try to give that to you, even if in a small way. I have so much to give back to the lampwork community for the encouragement and sharing that has come my way. I can honestly say that lampworking and so many great hearts out there have saved my life. So, I got to get cracking and give something back. All of you are my top priority for the new tool line too. I am getting ready to have this whole new line made by a new company. I am excited about this new big change and even more excited that this tool maker understands molten glass artists.
OK, that is all I am going to say about the new tool line for now.

If you want to chat, ask questions or any other camp run a muck type comments, please feel free to post or email me. My in box for PM is nearly full and I will not be clearing it. The best way to reach me is by email.

Old 2009-02-22, 2:21pm
Critter Mom

Actually next year will work better for me too. With everything we're doing to get my Mom moved up to Oregon this spring I haven't had much torch time or much time for anything else. I would imagine that getting demos and instructors lined up for this summer could be a problem because they're usually booked for several months in advance, and all the work you're planning on doing to your place to get ready...this'll give you a little breathing room. I'll be looking forward to June 2010 !

Old 2009-02-22, 2:38pm
Broken

Sorry but all I have to say is

WWWOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!

Next year works for me (better than this year anyways!)

Old 2009-02-22, 2:59pm
In spite of it all!

I am so glad you guys feel that way!

Old 2009-02-23, 9:10am

I am a firm believer in not fighting the universe. Next year works for me!!! Jodie

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2009-02-23, 9:24pm
In spite of it all!

That will be great to have you here Jodie!

Old 2009-02-23, 9:33pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

Awl Okay next year sounds good! I do have something major for summer next year but it will probably work.

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2009-02-25, 8:56pm
In spite of it all!

Thanks for everything Teague! We will have a blast next year... but even better because we will have actual buildings rather then tents.

Old 2009-02-26, 3:53am

Oh darn, Well I think that for the vendors and sponsers I talked to said that next year they could do it so I will have that set up. Ruth lets talk so we can figure out a few things.

Old 2009-02-26, 8:09am
In spite of it all!

Sounds good to me! Call me sometime in the afternoon... OK? I have been swamped trying to get all the planning and everything connected to the buildings I am hoping for to be done this early year. I so want to have a nice place to this annual event at. No point in starting it off in tents if we don't have to.

Old 2009-03-06, 12:12pm
In spite of it all!

Added more info on the first post. Be sure not to miss it.

Old 2009-04-17, 8:11am
In spite of it all!

This is still in the plans for 2010 so start saving your nickles!

Old 2009-05-10, 6:25pm
In spite of it all!

Bump

Old 2009-05-12, 5:07pm

Hey Ruth- sign me up as a helper next year!!! I love Bend and would love to help you with anything you need! I love cooking if you need someone to make some food too!

Hugs
Rebecca
Old 2009-05-12, 5:12pm
In spite of it all!

You are a total doll Rebecca! Shoot me an email so I can put our info in the CRAM IT folder. lol

Old 2009-05-20, 10:49pm

tell us dates now so it's calandered in.. I would try to come I think next year since I wont' be in Texas at a wedding with in laws who DON'T understand glass or care to hear me talk about it...

Facebook

Blogger