The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-05-16, 5:24pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Summer is just four or five weeks away ya know...
"Over the summer" is twelve weeks, 'ya know? Add that to the four or five spring weeks left, and I'm starting to develop a nervous tick.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-05-16, 5:26pm
Storm Queen

It's not like I have any inside info. They could release it tomorrow for all I know.

Old 2011-05-16, 5:26pm
Storm Queen

Or it could be next year.

Old 2011-05-16, 5:29pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
It's not like I have any inside info. They could release it tomorrow for all I know.
Quote:
Or it could be next year.
You're just not right. You know that, don't you?

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-05-16, 5:41pm
Flame Dames Rule!

I'm hoping they bring it to the Gathering. Crossing fingers...

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2011-05-16, 5:44pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
I've seen them reading it. I hope they come out with this over the summer because it really is a necessary staple for me.
Ok DH guys, I'm available for testing!!!
Old 2011-05-16, 10:11pm

I would love to get back into silvered glass. I still have some from when they first started making the stuff <I am like in the Dark Ages> so I can't make it sing at all. With a clear like this, I'd be all over it.

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2011-05-16, 11:11pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
You're just not right. You know that, don't you?
Yes, yes I do know that.

Old 2011-05-16, 11:16pm
Smile, it's contagious!

are we there yet?

I mean is it ready yet??

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2011-05-17, 6:22am

Lol - I keep watching this thread to see if anyone gets the inside scop and shares! I'm with everyone else and hope they do come out with it and soon!

Tina

Old 2011-05-17, 9:58am
Lover of all things color

Someone do me a favor and try it with Juno, that glass doesn't get along with any other glass that I've found, even itself for the most part.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2011-05-17, 5:50pm

Hmmmm, I just forgot, I'll see Jed this weekend. I'll try to remember to ask at the NW bead retreat this weekend.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2011-05-19, 2:54pm
Color Outside The Lines!

Default ZE-452 "Zephyr" Test Batches Available Friday

We have decided that we need additional feedback regarding Zephyr (ZE452), so we will sell a few batches tomorrow so you can all try it out.
One pound bundles of test batch ZE-452 will be posted for sale at www.doublehelixglassworks.com on Friday, May 20 at 5pm Pacific Time. To ensure accurate feedback, we will have a temporary one pound limit. The price per pound is $40.

We are so eager to receive feedback from you that we are offering $20 Double Helix Glassworks e-Gift Certificates when you answer our survey! Links to the survey will be emailed after the glass has shipped. You'll need to have played with the ZE-452 and you'll need your order number. Although we'd appreciate feedback anytime, gift certificates will only be sent to those that answer the survey by June 6th 2011.

After receiving the Zephyr product surveys containing your feedback, we will decide if it will become a stock production glass. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us test out this new glass, and your patience while we work to make sure it's really good stuff.

Thanks!
Jed and Julie at Double Helix Glassworks
Old 2011-05-19, 3:17pm
Smile, it's contagious!

OMG... can't wait. Hope I don't miss out on it. Thanks J & J!!

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2011-05-19, 3:26pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Moon Lampwork View Post
You know, as soon as I posted that and walked away, I thought "maybe they do have a store and I just don't know about it." I'm always the last to know. Next time there's a group going down there, I would love to go!
LOL
We will let you know. There's a few of us that went last time and it was so much fun (and we spent so much money). But the great thing is, that you get access to things that are not listed on their webpage!!!
We are planning to go back at some point (maybe after the summer). I'll drop you a mail when I know more.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2011-05-19, 3:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Helix Glassworks View Post
We have decided that we need additional feedback regarding Zephyr (ZE452), so we will sell a few batches tomorrow so you can all try it out.
One pound bundles of test batch ZE-452 will be posted for sale at www.doublehelixglassworks.com on Friday, May 20 at 5pm Pacific Time. To ensure accurate feedback, we will have a temporary one pound limit. The price per pound is $40.

We are so eager to receive feedback from you that we are offering $20 Double Helix Glassworks e-Gift Certificates when you answer our survey! Links to the survey will be emailed after the glass has shipped. You'll need to have played with the ZE-452 and you'll need your order number. Although we'd appreciate feedback anytime, gift certificates will only be sent to those that answer the survey by June 6th 2011.

After receiving the Zephyr product surveys containing your feedback, we will decide if it will become a stock production glass. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us test out this new glass, and your patience while we work to make sure it's really good stuff.

Thanks!
Jed and Julie at Double Helix Glassworks

Yay - can we also buy the test batches if we had already some of your samples, or do you want only people to buy that haven't tested yet?

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2011-05-19, 5:54pm
Flame Dames Rule!

Ohlord, please save a pound for me! I'll try my damndest to be back home by 5 tomorrow...

*Sharon*

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2011-05-19, 6:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Billig View Post
LOL
We will let you know. There's a few of us that went last time and it was so much fun (and we spent so much money). But the great thing is, that you get access to things that are not listed on their webpage!!!
We are planning to go back at some point (maybe after the summer). I'll drop you a mail when I know more.
SHHHHHHHH Judith! All that glass is for us.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2011-05-19, 7:22pm
Lampworkaholic!

... setting alarm for 7 p.m. Central Time ...

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-05-19, 7:30pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Billig View Post
Yay - can we also buy the test batches if we had already some of your samples, or do you want only people to buy that haven't tested yet?
Judith - I know I will try to purchase tomorrow coz I NEED to be be eligible for the survey to convince Jed and Julie to put this in their regular production line!!!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-05-19, 7:37pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
Judith - I know I will try to purchase tomorrow coz I NEED to be be eligible for the survey to convince Jed and Julie to put this in their regular production line!!!
I was going to pass so others could get some but you're making for a very convincing argument.

Old 2011-05-19, 7:43pm
da General

Amy - I will be more than happy to share my pound (if I am lucky enough to get some) with those who miss out! I just want to "cast my vote!"

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-05-19, 7:45pm
Storm Queen

I'll wait until it's actually released even though it's pretty tempting.

Old 2011-05-19, 7:47pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
Very convincing argument indeed

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2011-05-19, 7:48pm
da General

I may have to wait too . . . coz I will probably forget tomorrow anyway . . . lol!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-05-19, 7:50pm
da General

Wonder if Jed will let those of us who have tried it do the survey without buying it tomorrow so others can have a chance to get some? I don't need the e-gift certificate either . . .

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-05-19, 8:17pm
Unmedicated since '62

i want some to try - 5pm pacific time???? gawd i such at conversions, its already 1.16 on friday here...so its...8.16 on thursday night there...

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-05-19, 9:30pm
Ad astra per aspera

I had given up on silvered glass until I had to go on tanked oxy the last few months. Now I understand what was going on with my oxygen (and I have a standby tank) so I'm raring to go. Crossing my fingers that I can score some, too!

Old 2011-05-19, 10:40pm

I will be anxiously hoping to get some tomorrow too! It's so hard to hear you all talk about how wonderful it is when we can't have it.

Old 2011-05-19, 10:41pm

I know, wahwahbabypants me.