Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2012-10-09, 2:45pm

Default Unlimited Oxygen-Need Advice

Hello, I guess I am asking for advice from anyone who has done business with Unlimited Oxygen. My problem is that I made an order for three M-20's on July 23 (that is when my credit card company charged me, I think I made the order before that). Now almost three months later I have not received my units. I have spoken to Jack on many occasions, at first he did not ask my name nor what my order was, cool I get it, he is a busy man and sometimes we all get busy. After two months I started calling every Monday, telling him my name and order date and would be told the same thing "we are really busy and are backlogged with our orders, call back in a week". I figure, cool, he always is really nice and pleasant on the phone and is providing a great service to the lampworking community, he'll get to it when he gets to it. Now I am seeing on other forum posts here that he is sending out units to other customers, this Friday, who made their orders on August 8th and August 18th. I asked him about this and he told me that he defers to "whoever makes the most noise" that is a direct quote, I know because I was flabbergasted when I heard it. Apparently, two of my units are done, but for the last two weeks I have been told that he is waiting on a part for the third. It is the second time he has told me this. I have been blowing soft glass and hard glass for almost ten years on and off, I have never experienced anything like this from a vendor. So, my question is, is this normal? Am I being impatient? Has anyone had a similar experience? I also have to say that the people at Unlimited Oxygen have always been kind and courteous on the phone with me, I just feel like I'm never going to see my M-20's.
Old 2012-10-09, 3:15pm
No Longer an LE Member

It is "normal" for him but he has great warranty service and is nice so people put up with it Do NOT order from the Extreme company - even waiting for him is better than NO warranty and junky machines, apparently
Old 2012-10-09, 7:01pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I have a machine from Extreme Oxygen and there's nothing junky at all about it. It's given me reliable service for more than 4 years now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-10-10, 2:56pm

It's reassuring to hear that this is "normal", I am just anxious and can't wait to start working again.
Old 2012-10-10, 3:02pm

Quote:
It is "normal" for him but he has great warranty service and is nice so people put up with it Do NOT order from the Extreme company - even waiting for him is better than NO warranty and junky machines, apparently
We don't need to smack on anyone. I am sure they don't sell junk. I do appreciate your enthusiasm, but I can't condone that kind of smack down. Thanks, Jack

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
Old 2012-10-10, 5:23pm

Quote:
It's reassuring to hear that this is "normal", I am just anxious and can't wait to start working again.
Hey Matt, again I am sorry. This is not really the norm. 6 to 8 weeks is usually closer. I have had several people threaten me with refunds, if I was unable to produce their units in a certain time frame. I don't give refunds. So, I had to move orders around to keep the peace.

The whole reason I do sell these at such a low price, is that people are willing to wait an abnormal amount of time, for a great item at a great price. These units are 600.00 to 800.00 else where. You would probably even get them quicker. I offer these at half the price and twice the warranty and customer support. I don't know, maybe I am going about it all wrong. I could hire 5 more guys, pay them 15.00 an hour and jack my prices up with every one elses. I kinda like doing it my way. Everyone gets a great product, very affordable but, just have to wait. I am making headway on my orders and slowly am catching up. Please give me a chance and I will make it up to you. jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2012-10-10, 8:23pm

Quote:
I have a machine from Extreme Oxygen and there's nothing junky at all about it. It's given me reliable service for more than 4 years now.
This! I am even a vendor for them because out of all the machines ordered, not one came broken, they are nice to deal with and their product goes out pretty much on time. I've had no complaints that I can think of. I also like the quality of the machines and I also own 2 of their machines
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-10-11, 4:46am

I am a (happy) former extreme oxygen owner. I upgraded m,y torch and Concentrator and sold my EX15 to a friend.

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2012-10-11, 1:50pm

Extreme has done good business with us for over 6 years. They have donated and loaned equipment to countless shows and conferences too. Can't say that about everyone. They are good people, with a good product

Last edited by ABR Dave; 2012-10-12 at 9:40am.
Old 2012-10-12, 7:31pm

Jack at Oxygen Unlimited is a stand up guy. I bought a pre-loved M20 and he quickly and thouroughly answered my questions and said to feel free to contact him again if necessary.

He knows his stuff and he's a good guy.
Old 2012-10-15, 5:13pm

Quote:
Just so that everyone is clear, this is the place where Jack is quoting I believe, it is from the FTC.gov website and is basically a breakdown of "the rule" for online/telephone/mail order purchases.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
It was actually quoted to me in one of the earlier posts. It is just that I do make it clear as does Sundance Glass, that an order can take awhile to complete. Thats all. I don't know where the rest of the mud-slinging came from. I have talked to Matt, (the one who started this thread) and he is good with the outcome of our transaction. jack

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2012-10-15, 6:37pm

This is really kind of simple:

Jack is great.

Jack is slow.

Jack has the best prices and support.

All of these facts are well known.

I have bought three oxycons from him and plan to buy a fourth.

If you'd rather have fast for more money with less support its available elsewhere.

If like me (and many others) you'd prefer to save and have a great unit with great support just know that you'll be waiting for quite awhile before your order comes as Jack is running a shoestring operation to be able to keep the prices so low.

I'd say the choice is open to each of us either way...

Jack, a suggestion from a satisfied buyer:

why don't you just start quoting longer lead times and end the whole problem before it begins? Instead of being optimistic and saying 30 days be pessimistic and say 60 days and then if it gets shipped sooner its even better then you promised. And if the backlog is getting too big to keep to 60 days quote what it has grown to.

IMHO, the problem is not the wait, it's the lack of correct info that bugs folks.
Old 2012-10-15, 6:42pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I wish I would have bought from Jack, I could have gotten two M15's for the price I paid elsewhere for just one. Boooo. Lesson learned.

Old 2012-10-15, 7:00pm

Google FTC 30-day rule.
Old 2012-10-16, 4:57am

Quote:
This is really kind of simple:

Jack is great.

Jack is slow.

Jack has the best prices and support.

All of these facts are well known.

I have bought three oxycons from him and plan to buy a fourth.

If you'd rather have fast for more money with less support its available elsewhere.

If like me (and many others) you'd prefer to save and have a great unit with great support just know that you'll be waiting for quite awhile before your order comes as Jack is running a shoestring operation to be able to keep the prices so low.

I'd say the choice is open to each of us either way...

Jack, a suggestion from a satisfied buyer:

why don't you just start quoting longer lead times and end the whole problem before it begins? Instead of being optimistic and saying 30 days be pessimistic and say 60 days and then if it gets shipped sooner its even better then you promised. And if the backlog is getting too big to keep to 60 days quote what it has grown to.

IMHO, the problem is not the wait, it's the lack of correct info that bugs folks.
You are right. I was thinking that when I read the Sundance statement. They sell the other company's units and give a time frame of 8 to 12 weeks. I have left it this way because we really do try and most times we suceed in meeting the time requirements. Believe it or not, there are many customers that do recieve them in a timely manner. I state to every person on phone orders, that the order can take a while. Most don't care. Most tell me it is ok. So, I will take your advice and change my approach on the timing. Thank you guys for understanding.

866-955-0200
PayPal address
Old 2012-10-31, 7:10pm

Hello,
I got my oxycon
, I waited a little bit too. It came in good condition and works very nice
. Thanks Jack!... and the box that my M-20 came in was perfect for making my son a costume for Halloween. Yay!
Attached Images

Old 2012-10-31, 9:30pm

Try ordering a custom auto from the factory, 60-90 days.

If your not willing to wait, don't order from Jack. BTW, I have spoken to Jack several times and he is sharp as a tack. Or was the "Jack is slow" supposed to be "Jack takes the time needed to produce a quality product"?

Jack, you have a very good reputation as a business person. I feel that you should not change your "style" to try and please everyone.