No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-03-25, 7:38pm
A Splash o' Glass

Default Lauscha Silver Dance

Anyone have any tips or tricks for working this glass? It is so stiff, it feels like boro on my little Minor. Pulled into stringers seems like the only way to work it, but at $60/lb that is the most economical way to go. It is pretty though. I've only tried one test bead made with it and another test bead with it as a stringer. I like it as stringer. It's in the kiln right now, so we'll see tomorrow how it turns out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-03-25, 7:51pm
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbbbeads
Anyone have any tips or tricks for working this glass? It is so stiff, it feels like boro on my little Minor. Pulled into stringers seems like the only way to work it, but at $60/lb that is the most economical way to go. It is pretty though. I've only tried one test bead made with it and another test bead with it as a stringer. I like it as stringer. It's in the kiln right now, so we'll see tomorrow how it turns out.
Isn't Silver Dance a Momka's boro? The $60/lb sounds more like boro too. Hope it is pretty! Let us know!!

Old 2006-03-25, 8:09pm
A Splash o' Glass

You could be right. I thought I was only buying Lauscha from JoDel, but the item # on the statement is MB135. Maybe it is Momba's, but I've never even looked at their glass. I think I just looked at JoDel's soft glass. I'll see tomorrow, as I used it as stringer on a Lauscha Salmon Rose base bead.

Old 2006-03-25, 8:38pm
A Splash o' Glass

I just went back and looked at the page where I found this. http://jodelglass.com/shopsite_sc/st...l/page172.html
This is the only one on the page that doesn't state which brand it is. But looking at their inventory codes, it does seem like those starting with MB would be Mambo. Guess this goes into my boro stash until I get a bigger torch and upgrade my ventilation system. Thanks Gail, for giving a quick reply.

Old 2006-03-25, 8:43pm
In search of her path....

MB means Momkas Borosilicate Silver Dance is one of her new colors

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-03-25, 10:00pm
A Splash o' Glass

Thanks to you too IF, - sorry but I don't see your real name to address you as such. (And BTW, your photo tut's are much appreciated.) This glass has now been safely put away into my boro stash drawer. Shows I don't know much about this glass, Momba, Mambo...MOMKAS!!! I may finally get it! Thanks for your help.

Old 2006-03-25, 10:22pm
In search of her path....

hehe thats ok and you can work boro fairly well with a minor you may need 2 concentrators or tanked oxy depending on which way you wanna go but it works pretty good I use to demo boro hearts on a minor with 1 oxy con and they didnt take me all that long at all.

Prints for sale in my
!