Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-05-04, 2:34pm
Newfoundland lover!

Default Is there a color you once couldn't stand but now love or like?

I used to not like light yellow-green / chartreuse (spelling?).
Now I like it. BUT I think I really only like it when it is with Magenta or wine color combos. The colors of fall and vineyards would have these colors. This is so strange to me. I really have never been able to stand this color.
Anyone a else?

Lynx, tanked propane, M-10 oxy and refurb oxy -5.
Old 2011-05-04, 2:51pm
Crispy Critter

Green, orange and earth tones. Hated them, but now I love them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-05-04, 2:51pm
Entropy increasing....

Aqua. I've always hated rooms painted aqua, but for the past couple of years I'm thinking I would love to have one.
Old 2011-05-04, 3:04pm
Newfoundland lover!

I never thought I could paint a room Brown and RED. Now I have those colors as paint in some rooms. I know they are very popular and everywhere so i got used to them.

Old 2011-05-04, 3:50pm

orange and yellow. Hated them but am now strangely drawn to them. Go figure.

Old 2011-05-04, 6:43pm
More ideas than talent

yellow and orange.

Ha ha - Snap Sonja.

Old 2011-05-04, 7:08pm
"Sinners have soul too"

That weird Vetrofond Yellow Ochre... reminds me of my gramma's kitchen appliances back in the 70's... but I love it now.

Old 2011-05-04, 7:12pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendbill View Post
yellow and orange.

Ha ha - Snap Sonja.

Old 2011-05-04, 10:31pm
Unmedicated since '62

transparent grey - after seeing Corina make murrini with i'm in love and went out an actually bought a sizable amount for me (bout 1/2 pound)

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-05-05, 2:55am
all for the love of glass

yes..its the vetrofond yellow that is the exact color of baby poo. In fact they should rename that one, but I grew to love it. I made some fine fine beads once using that yellow some frit and some silver.

"Do not worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to." -- Robert Henri.
Old 2011-05-05, 4:18am
sunscreen me baby

Garnet burgundy shades. Hated them for the longest time. But I love the way CIM bordello looks over other colors and have fallen in love.

~

Old 2011-05-05, 5:37am
Newfoundland lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
That weird Vetrofond Yellow Ochre... reminds me of my gramma's kitchen appliances back in the 70's... but I love it now.
Yes! I remember that

(I could add I hate all the swamp tan and grey colors that I get with most silver colors, but I still hate them!)

Old 2011-05-05, 6:02am
Mr Brutus RIP

Orange and Ochre. Always disliked orange especially. Now I love it and always use it in my beads and the ochre always looks so good with the bright colors. I'm even thinking of painting my studio orange when its finished!

Old 2011-05-05, 6:29am

Olive green. Ever since I came up with a really cool bead design with Lauscha Olive about 8 years ago, I have been seeking out clothing with olive green accents. Totally coincidentally, a few other bead makers came a similar style bead using this color right at the same time that Lauscha olive came on the scene.

Grey. I am torn here. I still dislike grey but I am finding myself more drawn to certain shades of it since I let my hair go grey. I always preferred gold to silver but am finding that the silver goes better with the hair these days.
Old 2011-05-05, 6:39am
Sorry for party rockin'

Green.
For some reason I'm on a total green kick lately and I've never even liked green!

Turquoise has always (and will always) be my true love though

Old 2011-05-05, 6:43am
Rose colored glasses…√

Brown. Truly despised brown. I'm still not a fan, but I'll admit that it has won a place in my bead palette. Mostly I just like it because it goes well with turquoise. I love turquoise.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-05-05, 7:21am
da General

PINK! Now that we can have iridescent pinks with silver glass, I am obsessed with them! lol!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-05-05, 12:41pm

Burgundy & Aqua. Maybe it's a trend?

Back in my day, we had nine planets.
Old 2011-05-05, 6:45pm

Kelly Green

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2011-05-05, 7:24pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

orange.......................

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2011-05-05, 7:48pm

This is simple! I have three letters for ya....E D P
I couldn't stand it. I used to shock so many rods to pieces that I thought it would be neat as a gun

Now that I know how to treat it I love the stuff.

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2011-05-06, 6:43am

I don't like the Effetre browns. I don't think I ever will, lol. But that's not what this thread is about, is it? Can't think of anything I didn't like but have grown to like, but I have been using more orange lately. I think it depends what you're doing with the color. I love orange for my Mexico inspired beads...you pretty much need that color if you're going to make them. =)
And you're right Merrilee, I can totally see that color looking great with wine colors.

Old 2011-05-06, 7:01am

Pink and orange. I did not like them before and specially not together. Now I think they are great both single and together with each other and together with yellow and red too.
Old 2011-05-06, 8:27am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegem View Post
I don't like the Effetre browns. I don't think I ever will, lol.
The Chocolatta is a good brown. The Lauscha TriColor brown is the best brown, and I'm still not a brown fan. I've grown to tolerate it, and I never thought I'd see that day.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-05-07, 10:55am
Eight Miles Wide

In the class i took to learn how to make beads, I despised Effetre Dark Ivory. Sersiouly hated it. Now I cannot imagine not having it in my arsenal.

For colors in general, pink. Definitely pink. I've hated pink and the stupid, girly-ishness that it always represented in my eyes. In the past few years, I've started to like it a lot. More of the strong, hot pinks. Still not too fond of pastel pink (any pastel for that matter). Lampworking has really made me appreciate colors.