Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-12-07, 4:04pm

Default Ideas needed for easy gift wrap at christmas show

I have a much anticipated Christmas craft sale next week. I want to do something special when I hand over the purchased jewelry, such as a cute bag, or wrap. However, time and money are short. Any suggestions? My Business name is Kalamitykel and the look of my table is slightly rustic. Thanks, Kelley.
Old 2013-12-07, 4:12pm
I'm meeeeelting

How about brown paper or small brown paper bags tied with raffia?

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-12-07, 5:54pm

I use origami paper folded into an envelope (that have the seams taped). People seem to really like them. You can put the jewelry/beads whatever into a small fold of bubble wrap and then into the origami envelope.
Old 2013-12-07, 6:50pm

What about these:

http://www.homemade-gifts-made-easy....templates.html

Old 2013-12-07, 9:33pm

Brown or white "Kraft" paper and some thin ribbon, cotton string, or curling ribbon for the ends.
A crayon or sharpie would let you sign the package.
If you have time a self inking stamp with your shop name or an address label.

Old 2013-12-07, 10:29pm
Feminist Killjoy

I've been toying with the idea of trying these. Adorable, cheap, and somehow dressy and earthy at the same time. https://www.google.com/search?q=brow...2F%3B236%3B236
Old 2013-12-07, 10:58pm
Phill

Torn brown paper bag cones folded once on the bottom and twice on the top.
Old 2013-12-07, 11:57pm

I also have toyed with the brown paper bag look, I like the looks of the type on pinterest, although it is time consuming. I wish I had a teenager at home that I could pay to do that tomorrow. Alas, I know I can not trust my 4 year old grandson!
Old 2013-12-08, 6:35am

I make origami boxes made from recycled Christmas cards. I have a basket of them beside my table and give one with each purchase or sell them for $1 each. Often I make the cost of my table just on the boxes. People are intrigued with the idea of recycled cards. they're a bit of work, but I make these while listening to a book in the evening. Keeps my hands busy!
Old 2013-12-09, 6:59am
Glass-aholic

I stamp brown paper bags with scrap booking stamps. They are cute. You can punch a hole or 2 in the top and tie a bow with raffia or cheap twine also, and the dollar store has the paper bags and tissue papers in many color packs. I pre cut them down to smaller sized.

I also use small Chinese take out boxes stamped with my business info and scrap booking stamps. I opt to make a ribbon handle rather than buy the meter ones. Makes it a little more cool lol. They are a great marketing tool at shows too! Everyone wants to know where they came from, and will stop and ask people who have bought things from me, then they send them my way. A business card tucks in the top when folded snug and perfect as well. You can get the boxes in bulk from restaurant supply stores. I think 500 cost me 30 bucks? Maybe...

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2013-12-09, 2:24pm

If you sew, or have a friend who does, get a yard of burlap or muslin. Double it over, sew horizontal and vertical straight seams for the baggies, leaving a 1/2 inch seam between where you can cut them apart with pinking shears. Use them like that for your rustic look - don't turn them 'right' side out. Tie them up with yarn or string or raffia. You'll have at least 50 bags for an hour's work and $6 in materials. At least, this is all working in my mind; I usually remember this less than a day before a show, and end up using my bought organza bags. Hmm, a project for a rainy day. . .
Cheryl
Old 2013-12-09, 2:31pm

I know you said time and money are short - If you go to Nashville wraps ( I forget their actual url but if you type in their name, the url will come up).

I buy organza bags for my spoon rests from them. They are relatively inexpensive and they look really good. They have a ton of sizes - also if you don't want organza they have all kinds of ideas and bags, etc.

They ship pretty fast!
Old 2013-12-09, 2:47pm

I posted this on old Wet Canvas years ago but can't find it. Take a bunch of necklaces, beads, etc, and scan them and then use scan to print wrapping paper. Cheap, fun and individual. Be sure to have your business card or info in there somewhere.Or you can do a smaller version with your business info and glue it onto plain white coffee bags. ( Most supermarkets sell these cheap.) Or "to go" restaurant boxes" with your info on the box, use the above wrapping paper to wrap beeds in. Most towns have a restaurant supply store open to the public. Check to see if you have a UNITED GROCERY local. They really cut craft store prices on many things.

_
Old 2013-12-09, 2:48pm

Another cute idea for bags is to shred wrapping paper as filler for the container.

_
Old 2013-12-12, 4:50am

I love pinterest and when you search DIY gift bags you find lots of ideas. I like the idea of heavy brown paper folded and zigzagged with red thread up the sides and made into little bags. Thanks for all of your ideas!
Old 2013-12-15, 9:10pm
offically down under

I have been doing busy markets on my own for many years a have found that the easiest and cheapest yet still attractive way to wrap is to use tissue paper and put it into an organza bag with a business card.

I buy reams of tissue paper from the florist supply shop and cut it in half. I put them into a clipboard binder so if I'm in windy conditions, it won't blow away. I put the item into the middle and start to roll/fold it up about 1/3 of the way. Then, I fold in the left side to the middle, roll again and then fold in the right side and roll it to the top. If you want to jazz it up, you could use a sticker but I just toss it into an organza bag. I have some carry bags and ask if they want one but usually, they are perfectly happy to take it as is. Fast and cheap.

Old 2013-12-16, 7:37am

Tammy, where do you buy those organza bags?
Old 2013-12-16, 6:37pm
offically down under

http://www.pandahall.com/ProductSear...count=1&p1=282
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...20131216173650

I live in Australia so it's much cheaper for me to go right to China then to go through our local retailers and pay triple or quadruple the price. Just watch your shipping costs.

Last edited by tammydownunder; 2013-12-16 at 6:45pm.
Old 2013-12-17, 2:08pm

Nile Corp has the excellent prices on organza pouches,
http://www.nilecorp.com/category/182...a_Pouches.html

they run great sales too, and i try to stock up then. I tell young girls they are "treasure bags", and they think that is so awesome! Us big girls enjoy them too

follow me on Instagram @tinkercreekcreations
Old 2013-12-19, 4:32pm

The Chinese can't be beat for their prices, but delivery is a long time. For local ones that are reasonable, try the Dollar Tree. Look in the wedding section, They have lots of little organza draw ribbon bags. I think there's 5 in a packet for $1.

Merry Christmas, all,
Toni
Old 2013-12-25, 8:54pm

A little late but found the gift wrap paper.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155070

_
Old 2013-12-26, 7:30am

That is a great idea Sheila!
Old 2013-12-27, 7:50pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

I am really curious how you did at the show, Kelley?

~
~

#M-191