Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-05-25, 1:13pm
To bead Yeah! ;)

Default The Mystery Of Rose Murrini

I present to you "The Mystery of Rose Murrini" go and check it out on My Etsy......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2011-05-25, 1:17pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I got the first one, woohoo, thank you Astrid and good luck with your tutorial!

Old 2011-05-25, 4:43pm
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

This Tutorial is DA BOMB Astrid!!!!! MAGNIFICENT!!!!!

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2011-05-25, 9:56pm

Fantastic tutorial!
Old 2011-05-26, 12:56am
To bead Yeah! ;)

I want to thank Carmen and Joan for proof reading the tutorial !

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2011-05-26, 3:00am

Bought, made, and test bead in the kiln It's a great tutorial - but why, oh why did I have to push my luck and try for a second rose on the bead, when the first one had worked so well, lol?!

(ring top mandrels, nuts, & beads *****
for tuition (UK)
Old 2011-05-26, 4:14am
Companion

Bought my copy

Now i'm stalking my mail Can't wait to try!
Don't you cry no more
Old 2011-05-26, 4:23am
Tassie Devil

Me too

Today, right now, is a gift - that's why they call it the present!

Old 2011-05-26, 5:22am
thecoralcat

THANK YOU Astrid for the privelege! It is just an AWESOME tutorial and your technique is so unique - thank you so much for sharing your secret! I never would have thought to do them like that in a bazillion years!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-05-26, 5:28am
Companion

Waaaaaant!

Edit: It's here...was in the spam folder...
Don't you cry no more

Last edited by Steffi; 2011-05-26 at 5:58am.
Old 2011-05-26, 7:55am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Sabine, I know the feeling, if I really messed up, I have a tip, heat the murrini well and pull the whole lot off the bead with a tungsten tweezer and put another one on

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2011-05-26, 8:14am
Jacqueline Parkes

Wonderful tutorial Astrid, thank you!

Old 2011-05-26, 8:57am

Thanks Astrid, I'll remember that for next time - I just stuck to simple backgrounds and small beads today, so I don't mind that one got messed up. Had another read through the application process, and I *think* all the others worked. Seems like I got about a million murrini from my pull, too, but then, it did end up fairly monstrous, lol!

for tuition (UK)
Old 2011-05-26, 9:17am

I had just bought a tutorial yesterday and was going to try really hard to hold off and purchase this tutorial next month or so, but Joan, with all her excitement and the like, I could not wait any longer!

Can't wait to get this one for sure!
Old 2011-05-26, 9:41am

Ok, I'm in. Ya got me Thanks a lot Joan. I'm sending you a bill...for something. This is all YOUR fault.

Astrid, I love your roses so even if Joan didn't write that enticing review, I would have bought it anyway. Just don't tell her.

Old 2011-05-26, 9:44am

haha, it's Joan's fault. Now I have the itch!
Old 2011-05-27, 8:27am

Can't wait to try, it looks like I can do it!! Looking forward to playing with rose colors too : )
Thank you Astrid, it's a beautiful tutorial~

DeAnn

Minor Propane Oxycon SC2 Jim Moore Bead Press
Old 2011-05-27, 8:31am

I'm willing the kiln to ramp down faster, so I can see my finished beads (they needed two kiln cycles )

for tuition (UK)
Old 2011-05-27, 8:38am

Please post them Sabine

Old 2011-05-27, 8:39am
I speak Murrini!

Oh you guys, I can't WAIT to see how you're doing with this! Hope someone shows their efforts soon! Hurry!!!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2011-05-27, 9:13am

Oh dear, I just checked, and it's still at 480 degrees (Celsius) - not sure I'll still be awake here in the UK when it's done! Tomorrow!!!

for tuition (UK)
Old 2011-05-27, 9:23am

I am going to attempt the murrini tomorrow, can't wait.
Old 2011-05-27, 10:43am

Just sent payment! I'm so excited!

ebay

website New shop on website!

New Etsy shop!
Old 2011-05-27, 10:44am
To bead Yeah! ;)

I am so excited to see the roses you all will make, come on is the kiln cold yet????

Our emails met in mid air Rachelle
Tut is on its way....

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!

Last edited by Astrid Riedel; 2011-05-27 at 10:48am.
Old 2011-05-27, 11:47am

Thanks Astrid! It looks really interesting!

ebay

website New shop on website!

New Etsy shop!
Old 2011-05-27, 1:37pm
thecoralcat

LOL!!!!! It IS my fault - I admit it!!!! OK - I've got one - well three actually.....I didn't photograph the whole bead because it's wonky and my design is uninspired - and yes, my application technique is heading for MAJOR PPP.....but my ROSES!!!!!! YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!! These are not bad for a first try at the pull I don't think.....here are Astrid's MAGIC Roses!!!!! Thank you Astrid!!!
Attached Images

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-05-27, 1:41pm

The look fabulous, Joan!

for tuition (UK)
Old 2011-05-27, 1:45pm
thecoralcat

Thanks Sabine!!! I am so happy that with Astrid's technique the gather doesn't require training wheels!! It is the first time that I actually felt safe making the pull - and the roses come out sooooo much better!! I can't wait to see yours, I know they are going to be stunners!!!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-05-27, 1:47pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Your roses look beautiful Joan!

Old 2011-05-27, 1:52pm
To bead Yeah! ;)

Yeahhhh well done Joan

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!