TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2005-11-20, 2:55pm

Talking Tutorials for LE Donations UPDATED 9-22-06!!

Please read the following.
Tutorials are now being accepted to compile in a booklet and will be distributed to donators for the LE site.
If you don't want to see your beads on ebay or justbeads please do not send a tutorial.
Only send your OWN tutorial, please do not send someone elses or a copywrited tutorial unless it is by you.
You may send it in a word.doc or pdf form as an attachment, with pictures if you can, if not that is ok too.
It doesn't matter if we get 10 different ways to make a round bead... something that works for one person might not work for another. The more the merrier....
I want to accept these until the end of July.
You can send as many as you would like to.
Please Please Please don't send one that you don't want to see pop up somewhere else...
PM me and I'll give you my email address to send them to...
Thanks...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Lizabeads; 2006-09-22 at 3:04pm.
Old 2005-12-01, 7:06pm

Please start sending your tutorials to Lizabeads@aol.com THANKS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-07-01, 2:25pm

Ok I've set the date for the end of July to finish this up... Please send your tutorials !!

Old 2006-07-17, 12:56pm
ManBearPig

If we sent one earlier to Corri, do we need to send it again to you?

Old 2006-07-30, 7:52am
caffiene, beads, bedhead,

lol of course i waited till the last day!!! but im going out right this very minute to get this done!!!!
xo laurie

~~
~~
Old 2006-07-30, 3:01pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
If we sent one earlier to Corri, do we need to send it again to you?
Well it would help if it were sent straight to me... I'm hoping to get some that aren't in the tutorial section too.

Laurie... It's ok... I'm extending it a week because I have several that have promised tutorials that will be worth the wait... so don't get all rushed thinking today is the last day...
Ok the new date will be the 7th of August and that should give everyone time. I know I have one that will be after that...

I have a marble....roses, twisties, encasing, implosion, and some other things so really whatever you can do we need.

Old 2006-08-07, 1:44pm
HourGlass Studio

So does the tut book come out August 7th or is that just the deadline for them to be submitted ???

Old 2006-08-07, 2:20pm

Today is the last day to get them in. I have one VERY SPECIAL one that I won't get until around the 11th. Then it will take a few days to get it all in order...

Old 2006-08-09, 7:20am

Cannot wait to see this Liza.
I know you've been working a very long time on this.. with frustrating results.
Let us know when it's ready, I want one!
Thank YOU!!!
Old 2006-08-14, 11:35am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Is it soup yet?

I am really looking forward to getting this!
Old 2006-08-14, 12:00pm

Not yet still waiting on a few...lol Soon I hope !!

Old 2006-08-14, 1:17pm

Sorry that I didn't get you one.It has been way to hot to do any torching at all here. Sorry again.

Rose Leslie
Old 2006-08-18, 2:42pm

So how do you get your hands on one of these booklets exactly then? Sorry for the daft Newbie question! it sounds like it could be a good book to have!
Old 2006-08-18, 3:43pm

I'm not positive but I believe there will be a small donation to LE and then you will be e-mailed the file in your choice of a couple formats. (I've been wrong before so don't quote me.) I think the donation was to be around $10 to help cover the costs of this forum.

I keep checking in to see if the details have been posted. I'm guessing they'll post with sparklers and fireworks to be sure we all see it. (hoping anyway.)
Old 2006-08-18, 3:54pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Rather than sending out an email file - what about using one of those online publishers? I've used lulu.com for several of my ebooks and they came out great. Plus you can set the amount (over the cost of the book) that you want to make on each book. For example, my book was $14.00 to print and I wanted to make $10 each book - so when people bought it they were charged $24 plus a small shipping fee. Personally, I'd rather pay a few extra bucks and get something of high quality (I had my books done spiral bound so they lay flat when people opened them).

PM me if you want any details on this. It's so easy it's amazing.
Old 2006-08-21, 9:07pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy
Rather than sending out an email file - what about using one of those online publishers? I've used lulu.com for several of my ebooks and they came out great. Plus you can set the amount (over the cost of the book) that you want to make on each book. For example, my book was $14.00 to print and I wanted to make $10 each book - so when people bought it they were charged $24 plus a small shipping fee. Personally, I'd rather pay a few extra bucks and get something of high quality (I had my books done spiral bound so they lay flat when people opened them).

PM me if you want any details on this. It's so easy it's amazing.
Sounds like a great idea but I will leave that up to CorriDawn.
I'm sad to say I've had a little set back but am still working on the tutorials as we speak. I found out last week that I still have a fractured coccyx... from last December so I am to spend more time laying down and not sitting. But I am still working on it. Sorry ya'll

Old 2006-08-24, 10:57am
Crunchy ol' Momma

Hope you feel better soon Elizabeth! I know that I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the tutorials! LOL!
Old 2006-08-24, 12:45pm
Hot Rod Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntfingers
Hope you feel better soon Elizabeth! I know that I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the tutorials! LOL!
Ditto, ditto, ditto! I've got my glass, mandrels are dipped and dry, sparker is in my hand! (oh, and paypal account ready!).
Old 2006-09-06, 10:41am
Glass Diva

Count me in!. I can't wait to see the new tuts!!! I have my laptop just sitting here ready to link up to paypal.

Carol

Good friends are like stars...
You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.
Old 2006-09-06, 12:48pm
Glass Jack in the Box

My hope is that you also accept other forms of payment, as paypal sucks (imho) for me.

I prefer to never use paypal after they screwed me twice (once on my hosting provider's side, therefore screwing up subscription payment plan, and again when i tried to change address after I moved and they would have nothing of it)

PondRacer

Last edited by PondRacer; 2006-09-16 at 4:47am.
Old 2006-09-15, 9:54pm
HourGlass Studio

How is this coming along ??????

Old 2006-09-21, 10:32am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I was wondering the same thing myself.....
Old 2006-09-22, 3:05pm

It is almost done... just needs indexing.. I am going to have to send it to Corri Dawn to finish putting together. I hate to do that because I really wanted to finish what I had started but with my DD getting married in less than a month and the coccyx problems I am just not able to complete it. I want to thank those that sent in tutorials or gave permission to use the ones that were already published. I had also announced that I had a special one I was waiting on to finish this. Sadly that one fell through for various reasons. I really hate that but that is the way it goes sometimes. This has been weighing heavily on my mind because I started this and I wanted to be the one to finish it and do something special for LE. But, as we all know sometimes things just don't work out the way we want them to. CorriDawn will either finish putting it together or will get someone to do it and I appreciate the help. Again, I'm sorry I'm not able to complete this at this time.

Old 2006-09-23, 11:28am

Liza...don't worry about it someone will pick up the ball and get it finished off. You did all the headache part. Sorry to hear you have a broken butt....you know you already had a crack in it!!

No really hope it gets better real soon, I don't know how you get thru a day with that sort of constant pain.
Old 2006-09-28, 8:31pm

Thank You... I have worried and worried about this thing. I guess CorriDawn received them. I haven't heard from her yeah or neigh... I really appreciate everyone's understanding the predicament I'm in. I just have one more crack than most folks!! Does that make me special? Damn I'd rather be normal !!

Old 2006-10-10, 5:07pm
Crazy Snake Lady

I'm missing something. Where can I make a donation?
Old 2006-10-10, 9:46pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lldesigns
I'm missing something. Where can I make a donation?
I'm not sure what is going on. I had to send the tutorials to CorriDawn on about 9/22 and haven't heard if she even got them. So hopefully she will see this and let us know. I thought she was going to find someone to make the index and it would be ready to go. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Old 2006-10-27, 12:21pm
pamtees

I'd like to make a donation and receive a copy too. Will someone please post in family room to make sure we all know when it is ready! I don't often come in this room.
Old 2006-10-27, 1:40pm

I just PM'd CorriDawn making sure she got them in an email I sent her and asking if she had found someone to finish putting it together. So maybe she will respond in here soon. I let her know people were still interested in it...

Old 2006-10-27, 2:52pm

I'd still volunteer to help if I could in some way. Not sure I want to coordinate a second round of tutorials, but I'd do anything I could.

Next time someone nudge me and I'll try to have my kaleidoscope one ready.