Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-04-29, 10:06am
Master Procrastinator

So when will this be available? Need to save my pennies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-04-29, 10:06am

interesting, I wonder when one gets to try some
Old 2011-04-29, 10:12am
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

I received it because I had issues with Aether turning silver foil yellow - so I was asked to try this and it doesn't turn it yellow. YAY!

Old 2011-04-29, 11:04am

I got a few rods of Aether that looked like they were etched. Weird. I had even given them an glass cleaning. And cleaned with alcohol. Did anyone else receive any like that?
Old 2011-04-29, 1:58pm
da General

I haven't had a chance to cap and core the Zephyr ones. I picked three glasses that yield major color difference under Aether encasement versus under non-reactive clear encasement.

Triton - Aether on the three small beads and Zephyr on the right larger one. There is a wee bit of greenish bits on this bead.

OX380 - Aether on the top left, non-reactive clear on the top right (only on OX380, the ends are Aether) and Zephyr on the bottom middle one.

KA356/Kalypso - Aether on the left except for the one middle stripe which was in a non-reactive clear, Zephyr on the right.

|
|
|
|

Last edited by Hayley; 2011-04-29 at 5:23pm.
Old 2011-04-29, 4:40pm
Against the Grain

They are all beautiful Haley!

Old 2011-04-29, 5:11pm

Love that color on the ox380 Hayley! Looking forward to trying this clear, can't wait till it's available.

Old 2011-04-29, 5:23pm
da General

Thank you, Lynn!

Tina - I love the pale turquoise of OX380 too!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-04-29, 8:24pm
Master Procrastinator

Hayley, I love that OX380 no matter which clear you use. Both are beautiful as are all the others too.

It seems to be a big difference on zephyr.

Old 2011-04-29, 8:33pm

me want!

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2011-04-30, 7:30am

Gorgeous beads ladies!

Old 2011-05-01, 9:45am
Uh-oh means it's too late

Hayley those are stunning! I love those OX380 beads!!!!

Old 2011-05-01, 9:59am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

want! I like the blue sheen from triton much better if encased with a non reactive clear. I mean, green is nice, but I dig that blue

Old 2011-05-01, 10:02am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

And I want Hayleys beads as well.

Old 2011-05-01, 3:39pm
Lover of Life

When will it be available????

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2011-05-01, 8:05pm
Focus?

me too! obviously~!! can't wait to try this clear!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
I'm practically green with envy here. I need to learn to be bitchier.

A-62

Old 2011-05-01, 9:05pm
Glass Gaga

I want it too!

Minor with an M10 oxycon
Flamin' when not beachin'
Old 2011-05-02, 3:21am

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
want! I like the blue sheen from triton much better if encased with a non reactive clear. I mean, green is nice, but I dig that blue
Send me those green ones, I love the green! I can get blue out of almost everything but all the other colors...

Would love a non-reactive clear too, that's also always compatible instead of just sometimes...

And Hayley, your beads are dropdead gorgeous! Drooled over my keyboard...

http://tutorials.kralalien.nl
Old 2011-05-02, 4:02am
Knob Creek Glass

Yes. Five pounds please.
Old 2011-05-02, 4:09am
sunscreen me baby

^ This

~

Old 2011-05-08, 9:33am
Normal is Boring!!

Played with the Zephyr and here is my thoughts-

I found it a bit softer than Aether and very little reaction to the silver glass. I still got the beautiful MOP effects I love.
The glass is very free of seeds and scratches (unreal how DH can do that) a very, very, very little of boiling but hard to see once bead has been annealed.
No compatibility issues found.

Personally I love having a glass I can use with the silvered glass- it's amazing to work with and worth every stinkin' penny!! I have bought every clear out there and been disappointed until DH put a clear on the market.
Both of DoubleHelix clears out do anything on the market in my opinion. My vote is to keep both clears I like to have the choice- Beautiful glass!!

Kalepso, Psyche on a white base with Zephyr clear

Kronos, Terra 2 on a white base with Zephyr clear

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Last edited by Afterdark; 2011-05-08 at 9:36am.
Old 2011-05-08, 11:33am
novembersfyre everywhere

Those are beautiful, Trudi!

I'm glad to hear that you feel it is just as soft as Aether. I have been making a lot of beads with 3D inclusions recently and I find that I need a really soft clear to encase them successfully. I'd like to have both clears!

Old 2011-05-08, 12:19pm

YES!!!!

How much will it cost and when can those of us who have not yet had the opportunity get to try it?

Please, I need this glass! It would be bonus if it were somewhat less pricey than aether too
Old 2011-05-08, 12:39pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Can only second what the other said.
I tested Zephyr for the first time this week, and it's a GORGEOUS clear!
Soft, clean, no bubbles, no scum, flows easily, keeps the metallic sheen and best of all: doesn't change the colors of the silver glass.
LOVE IT!!!!

As many others, I hope that DH keeps Aether as well, but if I had to decide for only one clear, my vote would definitely go to Zephyr!

I haven't tried it on top of silver foil/leaf yet, so that will be another test for me to try. I hope that it doesn't turn the silver into gold. Fingers crossed!

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2011-05-08, 12:42pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Oh, one other observation:
So far I had no issues with compatibility.
Used it on bases of Rubino, CIM Sangre, Copper Green, Opal Yellow, Dk Ivory, Aqua.
Also used it with Luna frit, and small amounts of COE 96 Raku frit and Z-99 frit.

Me happy

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2011-05-08, 12:43pm
hot stuff

When and how much !? hurry please DH
Old 2011-05-08, 12:49pm
Against the Grain

I think I'm beginning to sense some desperation here.

Old 2011-05-08, 1:22pm
Boheme Flamework Designs

Really want! Thank you all for sharing the test beads. Beautiful.

Deb Cline
Old 2011-05-08, 2:09pm
Dark Flower Bead Art

I think I found a new reason to save my pennies. i can not WAIT!!! Thanks to all who posted these great beads
Cara

[color="DarkOrchid"]** Check out my Etsy site
[/COLOR
Handmade at amazon

Old 2011-05-08, 2:30pm
I like to melt things

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
You sound just like me. The only non reactive clear I have right now is Reichenbach and they're all 4mm rods which really annoy me so I don't even bothering using them except for dots. I need this glass.

In the meantime...

If you or anyone else would like to convert their super-thin 3-4mm rods of Crystal (not soft Crystal) into thicker ones, I would be thrilled because I for some reason prefer the tiny ones. I have 0.75# of the thicker (5mm-7.5mm) Reichenbach Crystal that I would love to trade.

-
-