No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-12-04, 1:15pm
Pincel de Fuego

Question Program for PMC Paragon Kiln

Hi, since we're on the topic of kilns...

I own a SC2 kiln. It is for PMC.

This is the model:
http://www.riogrande.com/Product/Rio...troller/703117

This question is for anyone who knows a lot about kilns -
Mine has 4 program options, 3 are set, and the fourth one has the option to be programmed by the user.
It shows something like Pr01 Pr02 Pr03 ProG
Anyway my question is, can I set up more custom programs? I will probably never make PMC and have no use for the three first programs on my kiln. And I would love to have my own programs, batch anneal, daily anneal, lausha, fusing, etc. Or add on to the programs I have or something. Basically to skip through the programming of the kiln whenever I want to switch programs...

Is this possible?

Thaaaanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
Old 2012-12-04, 1:23pm
Unmedicated since '62

It looks like the same kiln controller as mine - a Sentry? If so, jump onto paragons website, they have manual for every controller in digital form, and yes, you can change all of the program's to whatever you want, I have mine set for soft glass, boro, PMC and slump

If yours is a Sentry 4 like mine then I think you get 4 program's

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2012-12-04, 1:31pm
Pincel de Fuego

Hi Deb, I'll look into it when I get home tonight. But I don't think it's a Sentry. I have the manual which came with the kiln and I just looked online, but it doesn't look like these can be reprogrammed. I have a little notebook with my programs and I have to punch them in whenever I want to change it. (It'll keep a record of whatever I did last so if I only daily anneal for a few months then I never have to touch it but if one day I make a bunch of christmas balls for example I have to batch anneal and change the program which is pretty annoying to do)

/
/
Old 2012-12-04, 1:50pm

The model you show has an Orton Sentry three button controller. It looks like Rio has branded it for their kilns, but it should work the same way.

I know you can override the programs as you punch through them, but I think they might default back to the original program after that firing is over. Rio should be able to tell you if you can permanently override them.
Old 2012-12-04, 2:15pm
Pincel de Fuego

Good idea! Yeah I think mine is actually a Rio but I changed out the door for a Paragon bead door which says PARAGON really huge so I always forget.

/
/
Old 2012-12-05, 9:25am

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegrafuct View Post
Good idea! Yeah I think mine is actually a Rio but I changed out the door for a Paragon bead door which says PARAGON really huge so I always forget.
Gabi, the standard Sentry Xpress 4.0 can store four custom programs in memory. I believe your controller can store only one custom program. However, the control board contains the software used in all of our kilns. So, your controller can be reconfigured to have four custom programs. Call 800-876-4328 and ask for customer service.

Tags
kiln, pmc, program, sc2