LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-12-03, 11:03am

Default roses or flowers...HELP...

I'm making something special for my mother and she requested flowers or roses...I remember reading something about quick and easy roses (like a spiral of stringer) but I can't seem to get the colors right...Does anyone know what I'm talking about or can give me some quick pointers on how to make simple flowers on beads...I'm having a tough time and I really want to make these for her...

Help...

One bead at a time...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--
--
Old 2006-12-03, 11:28am
Heart Of Glass Beads

Eileen - For some simple roses on your beads, take a rod of either light pink or white and encase with Rubino (I usually encase about 1" of the end of the rod) and pull that into a stringer - not too thin. Take the stringer and make a spiral type flower bud (looks like a little cinnamon roll shape) on your bead. I usually will either put some greenish frit, or some vines (I use a vine stringer made with different shades of green for my floral beads) first, then do the flowers. If you want simple flowers, just put opaque dots in either groups of 3, 4 or 5 around the bead (make sure they aren't too close together or they'll just melt into a blob and you'll lose the petal shapes. I generally use white, pink, ink blue or opal yellow for the base dots), then take a transparent color that compliments the opaque dots and put a dot of trans over the opaque dots. Take a stringer of yellow or green and heat the center of each of the "flowers" - the dots will begin to pull in towards the heat. When this happens, bring the bead out of the flame, let it cool for a couple of seconds and then poke with the stringer. Let the bead cool some more until you can snap off the stringer. After you get all of the centers done, heat the whole bead to melt the flowers and then press or finish however you're going to finish it. I hope this helps and you're able to understand my instructions.

Here are a couple of pics of some beads I made with the dot type flowers. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the roses.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Carla

Shine-On Glow In The Dark Glass available in 104, 96, 90 COE. PM for Details
Old 2006-12-03, 3:03pm

Thanks Carla...Now I have to find Rubino...I'm going to look for that color in my glass stash but it doesn't sound familiar...

One bead at a time...

--
--
--