Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-10-13, 7:30pm
Master Procrastinator

Next we need a tutorial on your great photographic set up. Your photos are some of the best I've seen of lampwork beads. I'd love to know how you do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-10-14, 10:24am

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
Next we need a tutorial on your great photographic set up. Your photos are some of the best I've seen of lampwork beads. I'd love to know how you do it.
Hum....that's a good possibility, I'll have to work on it. Or I mean put it on my list.
I have four more tutorials that I'm working on. Not all at once mind you.

Old 2008-10-14, 11:58am
Dichro Addict

I forgot to post my completed set! Sorry! I posted in the S&Tell but not here.

Last edited by lenora; 2008-10-14 at 12:42pm.
Old 2008-10-14, 12:04pm
I speak Murrini!

Thank you, Lenora! It's so gorgeous!!! I have a question, though...did you use "Lt. Ivory" for the twistie stringers, as well as either "Intense Black" or "Hades"? I don't see any bleeding between the colors (or much, anyway) - and the design stayed nice and crisp. Any advice you can give would be sincerely appreciated!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-10-14, 12:40pm
Dichro Addict

It's dark ivory and Psyche.

And thanks again to Shari for such a great tut.

Old 2008-10-15, 7:42am

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenorasdesigns View Post
I forgot to post my completed set! Sorry! I posted in the S&Tell but not here.

Im so glad you enjoyed it Lenora, I can't wait to see what others are making as well.

Old 2008-10-15, 4:03pm
HourGlass Studio

Shari, I love this tutorial. It is so well written and easy to understand. I have some beads in the kiln right now. I tried various different glass....raku, aion 2, black pearl and something else...LOL.

Shari, you did an awesome job and I cannot wait to see what you are going to release next.
Old 2008-10-15, 6:57pm
Glass Geek

Shari,
I ordered mine on 10/11 and I still don't have it in my mail box. I shot an email off to you last night to provide you with my email address and hoped to see it in my mailbox this evening when I got home.

Any chance you can remedy this? I'm getting excited seeing what everyone else is getting our of your tutorial!

Thanks.
Ellen
Old 2008-10-15, 6:58pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenorasdesigns View Post
It's dark ivory and Psyche.

And thanks again to Shari for such a great tut.
Ah HA!!! Thanks for the head's-up on that combo...I'm figuring there's a lot more "color", then, in the stripes than can be seen from the photo - of course, making it even MORE YUMMIE!!!!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-10-16, 4:30am
I'm not Barbie.

Lenora, those trurned out awesome!

I haven't made anyting yet with my tut but I agree, it is a wonderful tut and thank-you Shari for writing it!
Old 2008-10-16, 8:40am

Thank you so much!

Just to let everyone know. Since I've received such an overwhelming response on my blog to the tutorial, I've decided to also make it available to my Etsy viewers.

So as of a few minutes ago,(Thursday Morning) it's now available in TWO places for purchase.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5161511

Old 2008-10-16, 7:44pm

I just paid for a copy. I can't wait to see it.

Minor with tanked oxygen.
Old 2008-10-16, 7:59pm

Now that is lightning service! I can't wait to play. I am off to read now. Thanks.

Minor with tanked oxygen.
Old 2008-10-17, 8:56am

Well ... I've been trying !! got some colors out of my Terra. My photos such, but then it's not a great camera ...
Thanks Sheri !! GREETTTT Tutorial, very well layed out !
Have a great day ! Lorraine
Attached Images

~~

Old 2008-10-17, 9:11am
HourGlass Studio

Lorraine, those turned out really great....I did something kinda similar with black ends. I need to find my cameras memory card. UGH!
Old 2008-10-17, 9:20am

Thanks Laurie, yes, come on let us see what you've created !
We are heading out this morning for the south, so will be back torching next week from Arizona ! brrr .. starting to get chilly up here !
ohh ya, and will have to post a pic of all the quilt squares I embroidered to put together this winter ... LOL
never have enough projects on the go !!
~~

Old 2008-10-17, 2:47pm

Default tutorial

I've just ordered mine. Can't wait to get it. I hope to have torch time this evening.
Old 2008-10-17, 3:12pm

Default tutorial

Wow, that was fast. Thanks Shari. Your beads are beautiful.
Old 2008-10-17, 3:46pm

Thank you Rose!

Lorraine, you did it! Those look fabulous! SOooooo Pretty! I love the silvered Ivory and the silver wire. Awesome job! Keep it up! and thanks so much for sharing your beads with us.

shari

Old 2008-10-17, 9:24pm

Default This tutorial rocks!

Thanks so much for the work you have done on this tutorial. I have not been very successful with my double helix and this has helped tremendously. I love it.

Robin

Creswell, OR
Old 2008-10-18, 10:25pm

I'm glad we figured out the email problem Ellen and I hope you were able to finally try out the tutorial.

shari

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNKArts View Post
Shari,
I ordered mine on 10/11 and I still don't have it in my mail box. I shot an email off to you last night to provide you with my email address and hoped to see it in my mailbox this evening when I got home.

Any chance you can remedy this? I'm getting excited seeing what everyone else is getting our of your tutorial!

Thanks.
Ellen

Old 2008-10-28, 5:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBEADZ View Post
Thanks so much for the work you have done on this tutorial. I have not been very successful with my double helix and this has helped tremendously. I love it.

Robin
Awesome Robin, I'd love to see the beads you created with it.

Old 2008-10-28, 6:35pm
Glass Geek

Shari,
Yes, I did get it. I did download it and play with it a little bit, but I really need to spend more time at it and I certainly have no pictures that I would care to post here...yet. We're not talking fugly, but they don't "sing" yet. My DH set up my vitrigraph kiln last weekend and I am in LOVE with both the DH and the kiln so that has been a real distraction. I will get back to it one of these days.

Thanks for working with me.
Old 2008-10-28, 9:28pm
Channeling Chaos

Hi Shari-
I got your tutorial last night and was excited to try it out tonight even for s quick test run. Made a couple of off mandrel hearts and a bicone. I think I am getting the beads to hot after I encase, because I lose the distinction of the dots. On the other hand, I really like that i am getting to keep some great color while using my terra, especially on beads that i might tend to work a bit longer in the flame. I will definitely PPP as there are so many possibilities with this technique.
Alana
Old 2008-10-28, 11:21pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torcha View Post
Hi Shari-
I got your tutorial last night and was excited to try it out tonight even for s quick test run. Made a couple of off mandrel hearts and a bicone. I think I am getting the beads to hot after I encase, because I lose the distinction of the dots. On the other hand, I really like that i am getting to keep some great color while using my terra, especially on beads that i might tend to work a bit longer in the flame. I will definitely PPP as there are so many possibilities with this technique.
Alana
Alana, it sounds more like you are encasing the bead without letting it cool down enough. Once you've applied your pattern and melted it in, let it cool, then encase and yes...try not to get the bead too hot again. Also remember the first few steps when getting your color, not to overheat the bead.

I hope that helps.

shari

Old 2008-10-29, 7:59am
Does it come in purple?

I ordered it too. Shari, those beads are amazing, they do look like boro. I can't wait!

Carlisle Hellcat, OGSI generator, propane
Old 2008-10-29, 12:48pm

Fran; my favorite commercial "but does it come in blue?"

thank you for your purhase Fran, I hope you liked the tutorial. Can't wait to see your beads.

Old 2008-10-29, 7:38pm
Channeling Chaos

Shari-
Thanks for the tips. I will try to let it cool more before encasing. I will also take a cooler approach even when i am shaping my off mandrel hearts with my mashers!
Alana
Old 2008-10-30, 9:23am
Does it come in purple?

LOL I love that commercial too, the one where the guy is trying out a million dollar race car! I once saw a hummer driving around here painted in purple camo, with the license plate "armymom" or something similar, it was soooo cool! My "dream car" is an old VW bug painted like a ladybug, my b/f says he'd never ride in it.

I'm working right now on an order, which is deadly boring (200 identical beads) but it will pay the bills! My reward for finishing this mind-numbing job will be to try your tut! It's beautifully written and photographed. I can't wait

Carlisle Hellcat, OGSI generator, propane
Old 2008-10-31, 5:42pm
da General

Shari - I finally made a bead following your tutorial! It's so well written and easy to follow! Thank you!!!

This is using Zoozii's 1-1/4" SSL Large+

|
|
|
|