Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-02-15, 4:44am

Default Cupcake Bead Tutorial

Hello Beadpeople

After about a year of making my Cupcake beads on an almost daily basis I've decided to stop taking orders for them to allow me more time to work on my 'normal' beads.

I've also decided to release my Cupcakes into the wild in the form of a tutorial.

I’m not the first or only person to make cupcake-shaped beads but this tutorial shows you how I make them. I’ve made literally hundreds and hundreds of these little beads and there is much fun to be had choosing colours and decorations.

This ten page tutorial shows you how to make a basic Cupcake bead and how to add a cherry to the top. I don’t cover the decorative elements in this tutorial. Decorating your cupcakes is up to you - you can add sprinkles in the form of raised dots, flowers, hearts or whatever else takes your fancy. This tutorial just gives you the low-down on how to make a basic cupcake shape.

For this tutorial you will need some glass in your chosen colours, a graphite paddle or marver and a razor tool. I use enamel for my Cupcake beads but this is optional and not imperative.

You will need to have good heat control to make the beads in this tutorial and as such I would not recommend it to an absolutely new beginner beadmaker.

Please feel free to sell any beads that you make with the aid of this tutorial.

The 'Cupcake Bead' tutorial costs £5.99 (approx $9.50 USD at the time of typing this) and will arrive in your inbox as a PDF file.

Please follow this link for all of the ordering details : http://www.beadsbylaura.co.uk/BBLDownloads.htm

Many thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by beadsbylaura; 2010-02-15 at 9:26am.
Old 2010-02-15, 6:34am
Noobie

cute, cute, cute
Old 2010-02-15, 9:15am
I think my raku is broken

Thanks, Laura. I've enjoyed your free tutorials so I want to give this a try. Just an FYI for anyone thinking of buying, it was $9.63 (US) total.

Old 2010-02-15, 9:14pm
I think my raku is broken

I just had to try this as soon as I got it. Here's what I got.
Attached Images

Old 2010-02-15, 9:31pm

Laura, your cupcake beads are yummy! Thanks for doing the tutorial. Got mine.

Michelle

Old 2010-02-16, 6:00am
Noobie

Maybe you could be talked into doing a tutorial on the beads shown in your avatar?
Old 2010-02-16, 10:04am

Hi Cherie - I couldn't do a tutorial because there's nothing to them. It's just stringer applied in stripes. Simple as that. The tutorial would read 'Pull stringers, wrap around bead, press into lentil.'

I get asked about those a lot.

Nice cakes Jenny!

Thank you to everyone who has purchased a tutorial.

Old 2010-02-21, 12:01pm
I speak Murrini!

These are SUPER CUTE Laura! Hope it sells well for 'ya...you know I'm a fan!

Hugs,
De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-02-21, 8:17pm

hi laura...
i purchased this tutorial today and now I don't know where to look for it! I'm silly like that! which inbox are you referring to? I can't wait to try them!
thanks
stacey
Old 2010-02-22, 3:36pm

Stacey - your email inbox. Check your spam folder and see if it's gone there.