LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-02-15, 4:44am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC
Default NEW TUTORIAL!! The Victorian Style Floral!

I have written a tutorial on creating my Victorian Style Beads. The tutorial is complete with tips, techniques and recipes for creating this style of bead. This technique can be used for raised, semi-raised or flush floral patterns. The tutorial involves the pulling of complex floral cane, vine cane and the methods for applying both to the bead. This tutorial is intended for those who are at an advanced beginner level and above as it does require knowledge of how to pull cane down in order to make the beads and will be making the beads pictured in the first picture below. The Victorian Floral Bead Tutorial is available on my etsy site at:

http://www.thecoralcat.etsy.com
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Victorian Style Floral available now!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!

Last edited by j2canoe; 2011-02-16 at 11:32am.
Old 2011-02-15, 5:28am

Congratulations, Joan!

I've had a sneak peek, and Joan did a great job with this! We've been drooling over those florals for months, and I'm excited Joan is sharing her technique! It's always fun to see where others will take it, as well.

Old 2011-02-15, 6:08am
Jacqueline Parkes

I was the first to purchase her tutorial yesterday and it is fabulous! I had been working on this style for the past week so when I came across her tutorial on Etsy , I jumped on it!

Here is my first try. Front and back of the bead

Old 2011-02-15, 6:14am
thecoralcat

WOW!!!!!! Jacqueline you really nailed it!!!! Beautiful!!!!

Thank you both for the kind comments!!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-02-15, 8:00am

My favorite style bead from you Joan. Congratulations on your new tut!

Jacqueline, that is beautiful. Wow, great job.

Last edited by glassactcc; 2011-02-15 at 8:03am.
Old 2011-02-15, 8:44am
I speak Murrini!

Oh, Joan...sounds like a wonderful Tutorial! Your beads in this style are so lovely!

Jacqueline, that's an amazing and gorgeous "first try"! Sheesh...I should be so lucky!

Great job...BOTH OF YOU!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2011-02-15, 2:29pm
thecoralcat

Thank You so much Cynthia and De!!!! That means so much coming from the both of you!!! I am really excited about the tutorial!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-02-15, 6:52pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Here is another one. Each time I make one of these,I fine tune a little here and there. I think I want to make my green canes skinnier. There is just something too heavy looking on this bead. I need to scale down I think. Opinions?

Next time!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 2011-02-16, 4:51am
thecoralcat

OOOOOOoooo Jacqueline!!! That is STUNNING!! I love the amethyst and foil background and the little buds!! It is Wonderful!!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-02-16, 2:31pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Well I just want to say, this tutorial is fabulous and I am very excited about some of my new work today. Let's hope the kiln spits out some good beads tonight. I realized what was bugging me about my floral beads. I knew it was the heavy look of them but did not know how to solve it. Then the dawned on me today.......plus I learned how to lay down the petals in a nicer fashion (heat control baby!) I will update if the beads are worthy. Thank you for the awesome tutorial Joan and the wonderful email support!

Old 2011-02-16, 7:01pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Old 2011-02-16, 7:02pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Old 2011-02-16, 7:10pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Old 2011-02-16, 7:11pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Old 2011-02-16, 7:57pm

Love the flowers on the beads like these. Awesome and more.

Rose Leslie
Old 2011-02-17, 8:25am
thecoralcat

Thank you Rose Leslie!!

The tutorial has some cane making techniques in it that I have not seen described or explained in any of the other publications that I have ever seen - it really makes a difference in how the finished product looks.

Jacqueline - WOWSERS!!!! I LOOOOVE what you are doing with the technique!! That orange is TDF!!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-02-17, 8:50am
thecoralcat

I should also probably mention that the cane making technique in this tutorial is different than any other that I have ever read about. When I was learning to do this type of floral I researched everything I could find on it from everybody who had ever written about it and I never came across this technique. I know that it is practiced, as I have seen the results in some of the more intricate looking floral canes, but I have never seen it explained before. So - there is something new to most in this tut.

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-02-19, 1:10am
thecoralcat

Here is another:
Attached Images

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-02-22, 2:43pm

Gorgeous!!!

Check out my new DRAGON Tutorial now on

Old 2011-02-22, 4:11pm
thecoralcat

Thanks, Kerri!!!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-03-11, 8:31pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Here is a set I made today inspired by her tutorial. My brain is now buzzing with many idea for color combos.

Old 2011-03-12, 4:53am
thecoralcat

OMG Jacqueline!!!!! They are Fabulous!!!!!! WOW!!!!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-03-18, 11:11am
color bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
Here is a set I made today inspired by her tutorial. My brain is now buzzing with many idea for color combos.

Those are freakin' AWESOME!
Old 2011-03-24, 8:48am
thecoralcat

And one more......
Attached Images

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-03-29, 6:09pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Yumalicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2canoe View Post
And one more......

Old 2011-04-03, 2:06pm
Leila Carras

Soo awesome