LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2012-06-08, 7:30am
Burning Fingers!

Default Folk Art Style chicken & Seagull Tutorial now ready!

Well, finally after many setbacks (personal ones, not bead ones) the tutorial is ready.

You can find it in my etsy shop - the link is in my signature line.

This is a step by step EBook tutorial, giving instructions on how to make a glass/lampwork folk art style chicken and seagull bead. The tutorial gives instructions, recipes and lots of photographs for the construction of the two beads shown.

There is also a small gallery with other chicken and seagull beads for your inspiration.

The glass used is all COE 104, and is fairly easy to obtain. The tools needed are all basic lampwork tools along with a press of some kind to give you a fairly flat surface to create the chicken or seagull on.

The tutorial has 20 pages and 89 photographs, plus the gallery photographs. It is approx. 1.02 MB in size, and will require an Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.

This tutorial is intended for intermediate skills, however a beginner with a bit of experience should find the information useful.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Old 2012-06-08, 7:37am

Jane, this is wonderful! I am having such a good time with your trees that I jumped right on this.

Thank you for fitting this into what I know has been a busy and emotional time for you.

Dweezil
Old 2012-06-08, 7:39am

Yeah, I'm so excited. Thank you so much Jane for writing this tutorial. I really appreciate it with all that you have been through. I have been in love with your beads the moment I laid eyes on them.

Cheryl

Last edited by rrunner; 2012-06-08 at 7:42am. Reason: add
Old 2012-06-08, 7:39am
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

Just ordered mine! YAY!

Old 2012-06-08, 8:00am
Burning Fingers!

Thanks ladies - you should have received your copies.

/
/
/

Old 2012-06-08, 8:01am
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

still not received it but my mail server is a lazy one who's scanning everything so it takes a while to get emails with attachment...

Old 2012-06-08, 9:58am

Thank you Jane. I received mine a while ago and can't wait to have the opportunity to try it out! It's a wonderful tutorial.

Cheryl
Old 2012-06-08, 11:46am
Burning Fingers!

Just got back from town, and all the purchases have been sent out - let me know if any of them haven't come through yet. Thanks!

/
/
/

Old 2012-06-08, 11:46am
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

Got it and it's wonderful! I am so happy I bought it.. if anyone have an hesitation, do not!!! Well written, nice pictures!

I can't wait to make a chicken!

Old 2012-06-08, 12:09pm

Thank you, Jane. I appreciate the tutorial even more, knowing what you have been going through. I wish peace for you and your family.

Jo K
Old 2012-06-08, 3:00pm
Glass Gaga

Jane... Can't wait to fire me up some chickens!! LOL.... I'm a vegetarian! Thanks for the great price too!

Minor with an M10 oxycon
Flamin' when not beachin'
Old 2012-06-08, 3:02pm
Burning Fingers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinytrinkets View Post
Jane... Can't wait to fire me up some chickens!! LOL.... I'm a vegetarian! Thanks for the great price too!
"No chickens or seagulls were harmed in the making of this tutorial" - LOL.
Isn't that the type of disclaimer that is put at the beginning of some movies?

/
/
/

Old 2012-06-09, 7:57pm
Glass Gaga

Jane.... A very well done tutorial! The seagull was a bonus. Thanks... It was worth the wait.

Minor with an M10 oxycon
Flamin' when not beachin'
Old 2012-06-09, 8:49pm
Suzi Fitzwater

Ordered mine. Can't wait to have some torch time!
Old 2012-06-12, 6:13pm
I think I could be a bead

Just ordered mine!!!

Old 2012-06-12, 8:06pm
Burning Fingers!

Thanks - they have all gone out now. Sorry for the delay Mallory, I was at my daughters for dinner and just arrived home. Have fun with the tutorial.

I would love to see some pictures!

/
/
/

Old 2012-06-15, 9:35am

I have a seagull.
Attached Images

Old 2012-06-15, 10:31am
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

OH! He's so cute!! Love it!

Old 2012-06-15, 3:35pm
Burning Fingers!

He/she is adorable - thanks for showing your bead!

/
/
/

Old 2012-06-15, 3:57pm

He/she is pigeon toed. The other pic was blurry. Later. And thanks.
Old 2012-06-27, 6:15am
Katherine

Just order this fun looking tut. I am so excited!

Old 2012-06-28, 1:59pm
Burning Fingers!

I hope you have fun with it Katherine.
I have started a post in the gallery to show your creations, so please post them, I would love to see your beads.

/
/
/