No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2013-02-01, 2:54am
Gimme that silver glass!

Default Pre-sale Making Silver Glass Sing Vol. 4

Making Silver Glass Sing Vol. 4 - Notos, Oxalis, Boreas, Terra and Helios

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRE-SALE. THE TUTORIAL WILL BE SENT TO YOU WHEN IT'S FINISHED.

By popular demand, my fourth MSGS tutorial! In This one, I will cover the newest Silver Glass by Double Helix: Notos, Oxalis, Boreas, Terra and Helios. The focus will be on getting the prettiest Sea green, aqua blue, bright green and purple. You will learn how to strike, reduce and encase your beads, to get the lovely mother-of-pearl shine in your beads. All kinds of shades can be achieved and I will show you my favorite colors to combine these Silver Glass with.

The tutorial will be finished before the end of February 2013 and then sent to you by email.

Why a pre-sale? $5 discount on the original price!

Because it's an E-tutorial, I can't refund your money if you're not happy with your purchase, sorry.

Thank you for your interest, I hope you will like this tutorial!

Untitled by Anouk Jasperse, on Flickr

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-02-27, 8:29am
Jacqueline Parkes

Woohhoooo it is almost time!

Old 2013-02-28, 10:20am
Jacqueline Parkes

Just checking in lol, can you tell I am excited?

Old 2013-02-28, 10:52am

I cannot find a price.
Old 2013-03-01, 10:00pm
Glass Junkie

Okay I bought this tutorial during the pre-sale...did I get overlooked when the tutorial was e-mailed out? Or has it not been released yet? I am so excited...I just can't wait to see this one!
Old 2013-03-02, 4:54am
Jacqueline Parkes

I didn't receive it either.

Old 2013-03-02, 5:15am
Glass Junkie

well in that case...at least I am in good company!
Old 2013-03-02, 5:40am
Jacqueline Parkes

Old 2013-03-02, 8:03am
Lampworkaholic!

Yes, I'm waiting for mine too. The last week of February is past now.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-03-02, 10:40am

communication would be good.
Old 2013-03-02, 1:16pm

Didn't receive the tutorial either.

I have the glass, some time, enough propane..........Anouhouk!

I'm dying out of curiosity!

I hope you're o.k.! Looking forward to receiving the tutorial,

greetings, Kerstin
Old 2013-03-02, 6:40pm

Can't. Wait...Must.. Make... Purdy.. Beaaaaads!!!
Lol can you tell I'm impatient, too? It's because I know this is gonna be awesome!

Making beads is my therapy, but the glass definitely costs more than a therapist!
Working on a Nortel Major Minor Burner with propane & EX-10 Oxygen Concentrator

Visit my shop on Etsy ~ TrickyPixiesJewelry ~
See my latest designs on Pinterest
Old 2013-03-03, 12:42pm
Knob Creek Glass

I just received the tutorial. It is beautiful!
Old 2013-03-04, 6:42am

I received the tutorial, but it doesn't have the oriental stringer
Old 2013-03-04, 6:51am
Jacqueline Parkes

What do you mean by oriental stringer?

Love the tutorial btw!

Old 2013-03-04, 1:35pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
What do you mean by oriental stringer?
In the picture it says "Bonus: making and using "Oriental Stringer"

I thought that was supposed to be part of the tutorial.
Old 2013-03-04, 2:46pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Oh I see, I am not sure what Oriental stringer is. Now I am curious.

Old 2013-03-04, 3:12pm
Jacqueline Parkes

She mentions the oriental stringer on page 4 again but I cannot find it. She says it is in the tutorial. Maybe she is referring to the thin black stringer?

Anouk??

Old 2013-03-04, 6:25pm
Tweedle Dumb

Ornamental? English isn't her first language. Perhaps it's a typo.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2013-03-04, 6:50pm

Yes, I noticed this was missing when I first read through it as well. This was a lovely tutorial, and I hope no one (including Anouk) takes this the wrong way, but I was a little disappointed when I found out that the beads pictured on the front cover weren't shown in the tutorial. I thought we might be learning how to do that gorgeous Terra petal/feather bead and getting the fabulous purple/pink tones in it. It's ok that we didn't, I still love drooling over Anouk's beads! The eye candy is astounding, and the techniques covered were great, as usual. I just felt like it was a little misleading is all. Maybe try changing the cover page, or have the page where the beads that are covered are listed first? I don't mean for this to be taken as knit-picky or ungrateful, but hopefully kindly constructive? I love Anouk's beads, and her tutorials. They are fabulous, and this is new one is nothing short of that. I still whole-heartedly support Anouk, and I will continue to purchase tutorials from her in the future.

Making beads is my therapy, but the glass definitely costs more than a therapist!

Last edited by trickypixies_jewelry; 2013-03-04 at 6:51pm. Reason: pre-mature button clickage...Finishing my post :)
Old 2013-03-06, 3:38pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I tried contacting her through Etsy and let her know about this thread, but no luck.

Old 2013-03-06, 7:39pm
We are all meant to shine

Alyssa if you search LE for feather beads you will find free tutorials for how to do those techniques. Also implosion beads will help you find more techniques similiar to these. Anouk probably didn't want to sell something you can find for free.

I Love your recent work anouk and your tutorial is on my to buy list soon!

Old 2013-03-06, 8:03pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
I tried contacting her through Etsy and let her know about this thread, but no luck.
I sent her a message, too, but haven't heard back. I hope everything is alright.
Old 2013-03-07, 8:50am

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaslight View Post
Alyssa if you search LE for feather beads you will find free tutorials for how to do those techniques. Also implosion beads will help you find more techniques similiar to these. Anouk probably didn't want to sell something you can find for free.
Mary,

Thank you, I've seen these tutorials, and love the technique Actually Anouk has a small feather bead featured in her Bollywood Pinks tutorial with Fire Lotus and it's awesome. I don't think I conveyed what I was feeling correctly. I was hoping for just a project, that was maybe on a larger scale, of how to get that wonderful purple/magenta color from the Terra. I'm hoping that everything is alright with Anouk, it's not like her to be MIA for so long

Old 2013-03-07, 7:52pm

Anouk has another tut the secrets of angel wings. I couldn't copy paste with my iPad sorry.
Old 2013-03-11, 1:47am
Gimme that silver glass!

Sorry for not getting back to you all sooner!

Yes, at first I thought about making and using oriental stringer and to make a chapter for it, but then I realised there are already so many tutorials about making and using stringer, I didn't see my added value in there. So I just decorated some beads in the tutorial With the Deep Black, which can create an oriental look to your beads.

Alyssa, thank you for your feedback. In my listing, I added a page where the beads from the tutorial are presented.

As for the Terra bead, I will add a new chapter to it, where the Terra feather bead which is on front of the E-book will be covered. Just need some time to do so .

Sorry to keep you all waiting and (maybe) worrying, I'm just That much on LE anymore .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2013-03-11, 7:37am
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
As for the Terra bead, I will add a new chapter to it, where the Terra feather bead which is on front of the E-book will be covered. Just need some time to do so .
Will those who purchased the tutorial get an updated copy?

Thanks.

Liz

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-03-11, 5:32pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
Alyssa, thank you for your feedback. In my listing, I added a page where the beads from the tutorial are presented.

Sorry to keep you all waiting and (maybe) worrying, I'm just That much on LE anymore .
Anouk,

thank you so much for taking the time to address my silly concerns, and for being so sweet about it I love your work and your tutorials, and don't want you to think otherwise. Another chapter on the Terra bead would be super fantastic. Even if you decided to do it as a separate tutorial, I'd be fine with that, too! Either way, it's all good I'm glad that everything is alright; keep cranking out those purdies that I love to drool over so much!