Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-10-08, 1:00am

Cool Wakie Wakie! Read all about it! It's done!

I've had so many people after me about my tutorials and I apologize for taking so long. I've just been so overwhelmed by life lately with a huge list of to do's. But finally. . . . .I thank you all for your patence!

I've been up all night putting the finishing touches to my tutorial. Available for purchase now on my blog for $18.00 Just click on the link below and then the "Buy Now" Paypal button if you're interested.

It's my first E-Zine (magazine) tutorial with more to come. It's just life has been so busy for me lately so it's been slow in coming. So I hope you like what I've done.

Click here to purchase:
http://etsy-lampwork.blogspot.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sislonski; 2008-10-08 at 7:41am.
Old 2008-10-08, 1:42am
Gimme that silver glass!

Yeah, first! Can't wait to see it!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-10-08, 4:35am

cool.
just ordered mine can't wait to see it.

thanks

Old 2008-10-08, 7:39am

Hope you girls liked it! Can't wait to see your beads.

Old 2008-10-08, 7:50am

Do you have a picture of the bead covered in this tutorial?
Thank!

Old 2008-10-08, 8:00am

I just ordered mine!

Join the Army of Women to fight Breast Cancer. Click
Old 2008-10-08, 9:04am

Thank you for the overwhelming response!

Sorry here is the bead covered in the tutorial. It's from a set I did a while back, but it's more a technique that can be used in any bead you do. I use it in a lot of different styles of beads.

I'll post a pic of the bead alone and then the set and then how I've used the technique in other beads.

It's actually two tutorials on two different technique that are similar. The Rainbow Scale technique and the Rain Drop technique.
Attached Images

Old 2008-10-08, 9:07am
Anyone need some spacers?

A few questions if you dont' mind... BTW, I love these tuts to purchase.

Is this soft glass?
Do you have a few more photos of these beads?
Does it take any special tools or glass?

Sorry for so many questions but I have purchased a few tuts that I will never be able to do because they need either expensive tools or glass that I will need to get. (trust me I don't mind purchasing more glass who doesn't want an excuse to do this

Old 2008-10-08, 9:13am

Beautiful...Thank you!
I ordered and already received the tut!
I'm headed out to the studio now to play....

Old 2008-10-08, 9:27am
Pyromaniac

Very cool. I'm wondering if this technique may be transferred into boro, as I am soft glass challenged . . .

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-10-08, 9:44am

Lana: I've never worked with boro before but I can't see why you couldn't use the same technique with boro. I'm sure it's probably already been doing or being done.

Tracey: This is a tutorial using soft glass, mainly reactive glass. I use Double Helix glass but you can use any reactive glass and as far as that goes the technique can also be used with non reactive glass for a different look but obviously without the reactive colors.

No special tools, you can use a press or not use a press, your beas can be shaped by hand. I'll attach a photo of the technique without using a press. In the tutorial I do use a press though.
Other than that, no special tools but any reactive glass. For the rainbow effect though I use terra or Raku or Luna2.
Attached Images

Old 2008-10-08, 9:52am
Who me?

Yery nice tutorial - thanks so much for sharing and the time you took to make the tut. Can't wait to get home and try it.
Old 2008-10-08, 9:56am
Flame Dame

Gorgeous beads! I was one of the ones who PM'd you about doing a tutorial and I'm so excited to see that you have done one! I bought my just a few minutes ago.

Thanks so much for sharing your technique! I can't wait to try it!

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-10-08, 2:28pm
Anyone need some spacers?

Sounds great now I got to have it! Thanks for answering the questions.

Old 2008-10-08, 2:37pm
Bravewarrior stumblinbatt

I got mine yesterday evening (well it was here!) - & I just have to say that it is the most clear concise & easy to follow tutorial ever!
I love the fact that I can see more than one step without having to scroll past a picture.
Fabulous, easy to follow, well written instructions & great photo's.

Well done Shari & Thank you
I cant wait to hit the torch tomorrow!!

~
~
~
Old 2008-10-08, 3:00pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Ordered mine a couple of hours ago......waiting with GREAT enthusiasm! It's like Christmas Eve!

Old 2008-10-08, 3:03pm
MomOnAMission

Your beads are gorgeous Shari!!
Old 2008-10-08, 3:59pm
Whooooo, me?

I ordered and am anxious to get the tutorial and try it. Your beads always elicit wows and ahhs, Shari!

You might want to post in the "Tutorials To Purchase" section also.

Thanks,
Beth
Old 2008-10-08, 4:10pm
Dichro Addict

Well, here's a peek at a bead I made today using this tutorial. It's not a great picture, but I made a bunch of them. I'll update with a better picture when I get some spacers made. I didn't do the spots, but this is something I was kind of working on so I did the lines.

Old 2008-10-08, 5:26pm

I love it Lenora! I bet the whole set looks amazing!

Old 2008-10-08, 6:07pm
Dichro Addict

Thanks Shari! I have to say I think your beads are amazing!! I've been a big fan for a long time!

Old 2008-10-09, 3:58am
Addicted to Frit!!!

Awesome tut Shari!!! I can't wait to get to the torch to try your wonderful technique. Thanks so much!!

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Old 2008-10-09, 10:49am
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I just spent the morning at the torch with the tutorial....it's so easy to follow! Results looked amazing going into the kiln.....we'll see when they come out and if they break as I had to admire them for a LONG time......

Old 2008-10-09, 2:35pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Irish Girl View Post
I just spent the morning at the torch with the tutorial....it's so easy to follow! Results looked amazing going into the kiln.....we'll see when they come out and if they break as I had to admire them for a LONG time......
Thank you Lynn, I'm so glad you enjoyed it, I can't wait to see what you've created! Sounds exciting!

Old 2008-10-09, 8:16pm

Smile

Hi, Shari! I just downloaded your tutorial for your gorgeous rainbow scales bead and I'm printing a copy - it looks great. Can't wait til the weekend to give it a try.

Thanks for sharing and thanks for your quick response for the download!

Shirley
Old 2008-10-09, 9:49pm

Your welcome Shirley Enjoy!

Old 2008-10-10, 3:08pm
Dangerous Woman

Payday I just ordered the tut!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-10-11, 2:58pm
I'm not Barbie.

Awesome tut Shari, thanks for making it! Now if I ever have time to go and play...
Old 2008-10-12, 11:56pm

Your welcome Donna, I hope you find some time to play.

Also thank you to everyone who's purchased the tutorial so far. Your kind words and your excitement and support means a lot to me.

shari

Old 2008-10-13, 7:00pm
Dot Princess

I ordered mine a couple hours ago and am so excited to get it, I know I will be on the torch for hours after I get it, which will mean my house work won't get done but I will have beauties hopefully.

My little princess came Dec 30,2009 Still no time for beads
boy is she a demanding little thing.