LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-07-28, 11:21am
ManBearPig

Default Pendant book available for pre-order next week...

We are finishing up my pendant book now. They will be available for pre-order next week. We just have to finalize the number of pages and then they will be available.

If anyone is interested, sign up for my newsletter at http://www.cosmoglassworks.com/newsletter.html

I will announce the pre-order there first (or you can take your chances and just keep checking my site ). The pre-order will be limited to 50 copies. The book will be available for sale at the regular price once the book starts shipping. Looking at mid-August for them to start shipping.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-07-28, 1:10pm

I can't wait til this one is released. I just ordered one of your other books this morning.

Would you mind sharing what some of the pendants are that made the final cut?

Candace

Minor
Old 2009-07-28, 1:35pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by beybey View Post
I can't wait til this one is released. I just ordered one of your other books this morning.

Would you mind sharing what some of the pendants are that made the final cut?

Candace
We're still trying to decide, actually. I'm doing both a basic and an advanced book. The basic book is coming out first, with the advanced to follow in a couple months. We aren't sure which to put in which yet. Obviously we have a good idea for most of them, but there are a couple we're still on the fence about.

I'll post more info early next week...

Old 2009-07-28, 1:57pm

Thanks, Cosmo.

Minor
Old 2009-08-11, 6:49am
ManBearPig

Default Pendant book available for pre-order...

My new pendant book is available for pre-order.

Techniques covered in this book include:

* Frit pendants
* Implosion pendants
* Flower pendants
* Drop pendants
* Three ways to make loops
* And much more...

This book will ship in September, 2009. The book is pretty much done, but we still have to go back and finish editing it. This book is available in either printed or digital form. The digital version will be e-mailed to purchasers the same day the printed copies start shipping.

*Note... this may not be the actual finished cover. We haven't decided on the cover artwork yet...

Click here for more information.

Old 2009-08-11, 9:35am
Dangerous Woman

So you won't have them in time for Beadfest.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2009-08-11, 11:37am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
So you won't have them in time for Beadfest.
Maybe. I'm going to try, but not going to promise anything...

Old 2009-08-11, 12:05pm
birdergirl ~o~

Strictly boro? or can we boro impaired get some use of it too?

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2009-08-11, 12:58pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadia View Post
Strictly boro? or can we boro impaired get some use of it too?
I've done a lot of the designs in soft glass as well. I don't specifically cover soft glass in the book though. But, anyone familiar with soft glass should be able to do the techniques in soft glass as well. The only suggestion I'd add is to use a clear that is pretty stiff, and use larger diameter rods if you can find them.

Old 2009-08-11, 2:25pm
I need more boro stuff

Thanks for making the tut in digital, Chad Just ordered 1

Old 2009-08-12, 6:08am
Dangerous Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Maybe. I'm going to try, but not going to promise anything...

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2009-09-27, 1:51am
I need more boro stuff

Any update on the tutorial, Chad?

Old 2009-09-27, 8:36am
ManBearPig

It's done and will be going out Monday. I wanted to get them out this past week, but my father has been in the hospital since last Sunday, so I have been spending a lot of time up there.

Old 2009-09-27, 1:44pm
I need more boro stuff

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Chad. I didn't know or I won't ask re tutorial

I hope he's okay now.

Old 2009-09-28, 3:45pm
Mad about Glass

Just received my digital copy this morning. Thanks Chad. This is a great book. Very clear instructions and explanations and a really good intro to the tools and methods.

Jenn

[url]

Old 2009-09-28, 4:17pm
I need more boro stuff

I received mine as well Thanks Chad.