TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-12-22, 8:55am

Hi, Lea ~ Sorry about the snow. Hope you can shovel a path out to the studio! The bright side is that you have a White Christmas!

Deb~ Thanks! Your striking instructions are great and I'm still working a bit on that. Also trying some different colors ~ not seashell colors but fun! I did several in Clover Chameleon and they are really cool looking. Also used Aqua Azul to match a silver crochet necklace from Dr. Meow's class at Glass Stock! Will get some studio time in today.... what colors should I try next???? Merry Christmas and ooxx's to you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-12-22, 9:00am

Leslie Those are gorgeous!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-12-22, 10:54am

Thanks, Paula!

Old 2009-12-22, 4:31pm

Beautiful Shells!
I need to get back into the studio and try this tut again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Woman View Post
Okay, let's see if I actually got the photos to a managable size.

Heading to the studio right now to make some more! Deb you make it so easy to follow the directions. Bestest tutorial ever! xxoo's

Oops.... sorry they are so big!

Old 2009-12-24, 10:27pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Les, you rock! I saw that blue one, it was just perfect with the necklace, stunning!

Heya Maggie, how are you sweetie? I hope the trees went well and now you will have relaxing time! Get that torch hot and melt some tubing girl! Sure miss ya, come on down with your sweetie anytime!

Merry Christmas, the drawing is tomorrow for the shell and seahorse, wooohooo!
Will post results here and in bathroom!

Off to enjoy the fire, a super full tummy (had to top it all off with my cheesecake, groan!) and snuggle with the fur babies! deb

Old 2009-12-25, 2:12pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Winners for the drawing are done! I had a friend in AZ who did not purchase the tute draw 2 numbers. Those numbers were the order of purchase she did not know.

Winner of the fig shell is Val Lewis Idyllic Arts
Winner of the seahorse is Leslie Bitgood, Crazy Woman

Congratulations girls! Please PM me your addresses so I can ship these "gifts" out Monday.

Thanks again to everyone who purchased my tutorial and happy melting!
Merry Christmas, deb

Old 2009-12-25, 2:35pm

OMG!!!!! I can't believe I won your seahorse! I am soooo lucky!!! Whoooo Hooo..... Happy Dance .... Can you tell I'm excited????

I've not even had a chance to try the seahorse yet and I will have one of yours to go by!!! Life is good!

Thank you, thank you!!!! Merry Christmas, Deb!

(offsets the fact that all my summer clothes shrunk while sitting in the closet... Now what to pack for Coz??? Lots of sarongs... lol...)

Old 2009-12-27, 3:15pm
Serenity Now!

Woohoo is right ~ Thanks so much Deb!! Happy Holidays, and all the best...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2010-01-08, 10:35am
Wooohooo,GS!

Woohooo Val, you are very welcome Happy New year! Hugs, deb

Old 2010-01-08, 10:43am

Hey, Deb ~ Things are finally settling down to a dull roar after returning from Cozumel and trying to reorganize to my new life

Your seahorse is amazing!!! She's sitting right here next to my computer for inspiration every time I sit down! WOW!!! Hoping to get out to the studio soon and melt some glass. Got to try the seahorse and about after 9,872 I might get it looking reasonable! BTW, I did get to see a tiny real seahorse when we were diving! Amazing. Fortunately the dive master has wonderful eyesight or I would have thought that it was just a little piece of seaweed!

Thanks and big hugs to you! You are the bestest!

Old 2010-01-22, 11:07am
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw. Les, you are so welcome! I am so glad to have shared two of the demo pieces in my tutorial with 2 of you who bought it! They are really fun to make and after seeing your shells, I will wager you get them down WAY faster than I did on my own, lol!

Thanks so much for the kudos, not really one of my best as I had to shoot pics during the creating process but kind of cool to hold in your hand what you can see being made in the tut.

Ah, real ones floating around...sigh.....I sure miss my favorite sea creatures at the aquarium here, the Leafy Sea Dragons. They were so hard and expensive to keep that after 3 years on loan from WA they went back, wahhhhh! Now I have one tattooed on my arm so I can see it all the time

Bigger hugs to you, xoxo deb

Old 2010-01-22, 11:13am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Val, you are so welcome too, hope you got it by now, sorry it was delayed!

Les, too funny, missed the clothes comment! I used to have the same problem, now all my way old stuff is even too big, lol, but I like the idea of sarongs...I found a couple I have had for years and I am taking those to Florida baby! I am hoping to do some snorkeling while I am there too, woooohoooo!

Ah, a new year and lots of glass to melt....life is great!

Hugs deb

Old 2010-01-27, 9:37am
Wooohooo,GS!

Just wanted to remind folks that bought this tutorial or are wanting to take a class on shells that I am teaching this in Las Vegas at the Glass Craft Expo the first weekend in April.

Hope to see some of you there, please stop by my classroom and say hi!
hugs, deb

Old 2010-09-25, 8:17pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hey everyone who ordered the shell tutorial....lets see some pictures!

I am teaching this class in New Jersey and in NY in Nov...PM me for more info!

Hugs, deb

Old 2010-11-01, 8:45am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all!
Headed to NY and NJ to teach next 3 weeks....I am teaching these shells in both venues, NY Nov 5-7th and NJ 12-14th. Hope to see some of you there!

If not, maybe just treat yourself to this tutorial on the shells! I will be checking my emails every 2nd or 3rd day or so after tomorrow but can email the tuts on the road...just give me time to see it was ordered. I will try and check every other day except travel days.

Hugs and happy melting!
deb

Old 2010-11-06, 7:14pm

Hi Deb, Just ordered both parts of this tutorial. I have a new GTT Scorpion on order and should have it within the next few weeks. I have never worked boro before, only soft glass, so I am hoping it won't be too much of a leap for me, but can't wait to give it a try.

- Di
Old 2010-11-21, 7:25pm
Type ZZZ personality

Here are my shells:

SO FUN! Thanks Deb!!!!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2010-11-22, 5:35pm

Patty, those rock! Whoot!

Old 2010-11-22, 6:50pm

Mercy, all the shells in this thread are stunning. I'm putting this tutorial on my want list.
Old 2010-11-25, 6:22am

Default When are you comming back?

Had so much fun when you were here, when are you comming back to Rochester. I would love to schedule a play date and make Shells all day long.

Thanks again, and thank you for the necklace.

Suzanne
Old 2010-12-19, 12:11pm
Wooohooo,GS!

BEAUTIFUL shells Patty! I am so proud....you did so well! Plus, what fun to just sit next to you and play....you rock girl!

Suzanne, thanks so much! I had a blast with you girls, so much enthusiam in a great group, more family!!! I hope to come back next year...we'll see how scheduling goes for 2011.

Carol, thanks so much, the tutorial is a BLAST! I am giving a 50% discount on shell tutorials until Dec 22. Save $20 and have something new and fun to do for the holiday break!

Happy holidays everyone!
Hugs, deb

Old 2010-12-19, 12:12pm
Wooohooo,GS!

PS Suzanne, thank you for the lovely necklace too, you are welcome for yours, enjoy!
Hugs, deb

Old 2010-12-22, 4:57pm
Type ZZZ personality

Here's a few more shells. I love making these!

Sorry the pics are so big.

You should totally get this tut. They are fun to make.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2010-12-22, 6:09pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Wow, Patty!

Those are gorgeous!

Old 2011-01-04, 6:41pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Just ordered it, cannot WAIT to get out there and play, (there, beind the studio of course!)

Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2011-01-05, 11:02am
Wooohooo,GS!

Patty, you are sooo good...those are killer!!!! Didn't I warn you that they are addicting (once you get over the fear of tubing....) oopsie! Love ya

Di, I am sorry I missed your post earlier, I know we talked via email. You will do great, boro just takes longer to melt (and a little hotter) but is actually easier to sculpt with when I try something new. I hope you have fun with it!

Thanks Nita and everyone else who ordered my shell tut, keep them flames rockin'!
Remember too, it takes a few to get the feel of blowing the shell out without blowing the tube out. If that happens just patch the hole and try again....with every fairly thick layer of color you can blow the tube out another 30% larger...light puffs until it starts to expand. Most people could blow them out quite a bit more but then you risk collapse when shaping. You will get to where you can blow them nice and light and still get shapes right.

I have another nice black, dichroic and bluegreen conch shell on the 'bay now, will try to post pics of it soon.

have fun!
deb

Last edited by deb c; 2011-01-05 at 11:07am.
Old 2011-01-05, 11:48am
needs creative tagline

I'm really interested in this too, but I have some questions for Deb or anyone who has purchased this. I've done a fair amount of boro work already, blowing goblets and such. So I'm already comfortable with making a loop, pulling points, etc. Would I be ok with just jumping in on part 2? Or does part 2 refer back to things in part 1 that are intrinsic to making the shell. For example, is it like "follow steps 1-5 of the basic shell in part 1" or more like "create a 2" long piece of tubing with points on each end"?

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks,
Laura

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2011-01-05, 12:53pm

I'm still waiting I wanna try this version so badly!!!!!!!!!
Hope it comes today!!!
HUGS
Nita

Old 2011-01-05, 6:42pm
needs creative tagline

hey nita,
check your junk email folder just in case. someone sent me a tut for xmas and it somehow wound up in there!
laura

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2011-01-05, 11:32pm

Checked, double and triple checked!!!
Drats still waiting
Hugs
Nita